Tree of Savior Forum

Announcement on EST and EDT change

Greetings Saviors!

We have made an announcement regarding ‘Announcement on EST and EDT change’.

You can check the details at our official website from the following link.

Link : https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=1945

Thank you as always for your continued support, enthusiasm and love for Tree of Savior.

Sincerely,

IMC Staff

3 Likes

I suppose EST is NA Eastern time, which means 8pm for GTW and 9pm for Feud at this point. In three weeks, we will switch to summer time. How does EST work? Do they apply summer time too? If so at which date? It will be a nightmare to follow the changes, I don’t get why each server isn’t set at the proper local time and never changes.

@staff

This is an awful decision and should be reversed immediately. East Coast players already struggle to attend time-based content.

This will effectively make GTW at 9pm, and Feud start at 10pm for anyone on the East Coast. Forget about TBL, what person who works would stay up till 11pm for that content?

Instead of improving the issue with timed content that already existed, you are managing to make it worse. Grats.

2 Likes

I can’t be clear enough.

You are pushing an entire coast out of your content, because you are choosing to be lazy.

Reverse this ASAP and do work.

8:00 PM (20:00) EST = 2:00 AM (2:00) Next Day Central European

2 h in the morning for central European player ? Is that real ?

They clearly said can be discussed though :thinking: create a pool or something?

Done, at least for Klaipeda. [NA] Klaipeda Time Zone Poll

I would recommend other servers follow suit.

No because for Fedi it’s 14:00 EST while it is 20:00 EST for Klai. Still this means having GTW at 9pm and Feud at 10pm starting from March 29 till Oct 25 then back to 8pm/9pm.

What IMC didn’t think about is that if they don’t perform this maintenence 2 times a year (god forbid) that they will be affecting their customer’s game experience instead. Once daylight savings ends, players will have to adjust again.

Matching the server time to the local time of the server makes sense, and this just seems like a cop-out that will only hurt their playerbase.

I would agree with you if the server wasn’t located on the east coast of the USA. They are spiting the people playing closest to the server by doing this.

If the server was located near you, would you really not expect the server time to match your local time?

Two Main points:

• Having the server time not reflect the local time in which the server is located is asinine.
  • Forcing your main playerbase to adjust their schedule 2 times a year, instead of you doing some quick maintenance is not the right move.

EDIT: I want to clarify I am speaking specifically to the [NA] Klaipeda server population. If you have a server in NA and don’t honor the timing structure of the vast majority of NA regions (USA, Canada, and Mexico all observe DST with very few exceptions) you are doing it wrong.