Tree of Savior Forum

[NA] Klaipeda Time Zone Poll

• Keep these times
  • Change them back
  • I have better times! (post in response)

0 voters

The recent announcement on our server’s time will have this effect on the start times of content for players in NA (if you are subject to daylight savings time).

GTW - 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central, 6pm Pacific

Gemstone - 10:10pm Eastern, 9:10pm Central, 7:10pm Pacific

TBL (first session) - 5pm-7pm Eastern, 4pm-6pm Central, 2pm-4pm Pacific
TBL (second session) - 11pm-1am Eastern, 10pm-12am Central, 8pm-10pm Pacific

Purpose of this poll is to gauge how the community of Klaipeda feels about this. I left it multiple choice so you could select one and suggest different times as well in the thread.

1 Like

I have better times!:

If IMC won’t reverse the server time choice, then here are my suggestions:

GTW: 7pm Server (8pm eastern, 7pm central, 5pm pacific)
GEM: 8:10pm Server (9:10pm eastern, 8:10pm central, 6:10pm pacific)

TBL:

• Session 1: 6pm-8pm server (7-9 eastern, 6-8 central, 4-6 pacific)
  • Session 2: 9pm-11pm server (no changes)

These changes will effectively undo the changes made for GTW and GEM, and enable east coast players to actually have a time to play TBL, barring Sunday for GTW where they can play 2nd session if they really want to.

@William121213513513

Hi William,

I want to make sure you have visibility to this poll as you are the author of the recent announcement on the EST - EDT changes.

I am hoping we can come to a solution that works for the majority of players on the server. Please also see my comments on the announcement thread.

I am not certain if the ramifications of this change in policy were thought through.

North America is huge and spans 5 different time zones, leading to a 4-hour difference between the earliest and latest times. Ultimately I don’t think there can be a time that works for everyone, since a 4-hour difference in routines can be the difference between getting out of work and needing to go to sleep for the next day. Regardless, we should still try to work towards a schedule that works for the most people.

Personally, I think that events in iTOS need to have more spread so that they can be available to more people. An argument against this can be made with regards to the game population though. For instance, if there are more gemstone feud times and people are interested in only going to a couple, then matches might become empty and boring. Or more TBL matches might change nothing as players tune themselves to each other and queue at the same so that there are matches at all. Really, while I make this assertion I’m not too confident about it; I just like having options.

I can see what would motivate IMC to make this choice with regards to Daylight Savings Times. Every time that there is a DST, something seems to break. Event timings become misaligned and some things bug out in game. Other times people are left confused and miss events because they don’t understand when things are happening. Daylight Savings Time is stupid, but that’s a separate topic.

What we have here is a band-aid fix to the problem: instead of addressing the company’s difficulties in adjusting to DST changes in game, IMC has opted to not make any adjustments when DST happens. If we push to have the server times remain aligned with NA’s DST changes, IMC would have to do a DST maintenance/adjustment, we’d potentially be exposed to some sort of DST-mistake. In a way, it feels we’re arguing to choose between one of two evils.

And if we argue to shift the time now, do we also argue to shift the time back down the road when the DST reversal happens in the Fall? Or do we lock it in then and then risk upsetting people because things now happen too early?

1 Like

I agree with most of what you posted. Not making a change now is effectively kicking the can down the road until the end of DST.

While I am sure that the additional 2 maintenances being done is work that their team views as a waste, it is keeping things consistent for their playerbase which is hugely important when content is gated to a certain time of day.

A 1 hour shift in time, especially to a later time, has huge implications on my daily schedule and I have to assume everyone elses as well. We work to get comfortable with a certain schedule and now the rug is pulled out from underneath us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.