Tree of Savior Forum

Announcement on Commercial Activities with Beta Keys

Hello.

We are IMCGAMES TOS team.

As we had announced to our fans last time, the Beta Keys and the accounts shall not be sold, negotiated or exploited for commercial purposes.

There are lots our fans who did not get the chance to participate for the test and we think that these fans should not get hurt by some people who are engaged in selling the keys even at this moment.

You can distribute your keys to your relatives or friends, but we ask you to refrain from engaging in any commercial activities with the Beta Keys.

If you observe any commercial activities that are involved with the Keys, please report to our staffs. Then, we will block those keys and take additional aggressive measures.

Thank you.

39 Likes

I’m totally against key seller but I wonder how are you gonna check and ban those key that was on selling site. Btw someone was post about ToS key on key seller site a while ago, Hope you saw it already.

1 Like

You’ve been warned!!! :skull:
I bet there still tons of people will be fooled by this.
IMC warned us, dont be fooled!!

Have all the beta keys been passed out now?

I do understand that key sellers are a problem. But shouldn’t you also make a news for people who get the message, that they dont meet the requirements for a key, even if they did? It would help those people alot (including me). :confused:

2 Likes

what about the people claiming that their keys are invalid because their region has their own local publishers but in reality, they don’t?

Good luck with the blocking of the keys being sold.

@semfirro you should probably have PMed that to them. Now some random dude desperate enough to buy keys will use that site.

1 Like

I have found the developers mail or feedback that would write them specifically

Not sure how you will manage to know the related keys since they are most likely doing their shaddy business in PMs.
In my opinion, if you created a founder pack it could have helped preventing this a bit.
Since there always are people ready to throw money at what they like and at least it could have ended in your pocket :disappointed_relieved: Bit too late though…

1 Like

Aggressive measures…I wonder what that entails :grin:

Probably banned from playing ToS when it officially launches xD

This is serious guys…

Good IMC.

1 Like

lol Ban everyone who’s email isn’t linked to the key that was sent? Easy way to do it I guess. Also ban the IP of the seller since emails should be easy to trace… and even then some of them are using Skype to sell so IP is VERY easy to get. How do you think DDoSers get their IPs?

1 Like

Desperate key beggars and j*rks will be the number one victims here.

If ban everyone one who’s email isn’t linked then how to exclude one who got key as gift? :anguished:

I think maybe they have to track back as IP when register, If it have same IP for a suspicious amount then that might count as key hoarder. Unless they use stuff to hide their IP. :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

Eh… that’s true… then no clue .-. perhaps find the keys being sold through the emails and IP first then ban only those keys. But yeah… I might have been too aggressive but then again I’m tired so can’t think straight. :dizzy:

ie. Use first email to get IP then use IP to get other emails and then ban the keys.

1 Like

Yup. That will be a big problem too.

So what about people that had keys to share with their friends? Plus im pretty sure those Key sellers knows ways to get around hiding their IP etc.

Wellp .-. IMC will have their ways once they get info. Hope it all crumbles for the key sellers and buyers though that’s all I can do.

Great work, as always, IMC.