Tree of Savior Forum

IMC should keep releasing keys to kill commercial activities with the keys!

If it, they should open beta for all after 1-2 week depend how are servers perform.
Giving out more keys is making nonsense tbh,

It would be like an open beta but what is the Problem with that?

IMC was willing to give out an unlimited amount of keys during the sign up period anyway.

It would solve a lot of issues and seems to be only beneficial for the game.

there’s only 5000 additional beta keys will be release at the beginning…

then IMC show mercy, they give everyone who register for the CBT2 ,a key.

and now you’re asking for unlimited key for everyone…?

do you get wad i mean? sorry my engrish is bad…

but i dun think that’s how closed beta do.

With 150k registran its the same as open beta already assuming only 10% of the registered sum it with first cbt batch then its already running like commercial server lol
I didnt see the point limited access only to beta key lol
Only 1 that i could think of this matter that imc itself is selling out the keys for the hype they create or at least the staff lolol

For me, this topic just like a thread to trick IMC give more keys.
win-win situation? We don’t even know servers can handle 100k players or not?

1 Like

I dun think they haf much money to buy the server or time to solve the players problem if unlimited players keep flow in…

that’s what closed beta do… they test thing with few ppl , solve bug, fix thing, then make the game perfect , and then open publicly to all players.

1 Like

With limit keys people want more keys. With no limit keys but have to register in time people complain they miss the date and want keys. Isn’t that’s more than enough for unlimited amount of keys during registration period? While selling keys is against an agreement which is different matter about keys itself.

The point is CBT is for testing. You all can play once game is ready in OBT.

Should they? How popular is this rule breaching activity ? What makes you think they cannot kill it without changing plans last minute? These are just some of the questions that come to mind.
Your comment also begs the question , did you receive a key yet?

They initially intended for 5k testers remember? IMC is already generous enough to let any ‘fan’ sign up for closed beta.
Imo, ‘actual fans’ would check the website or follow them on steam for updates… lol. I’m sure they’ll be more opportunities in the future.

2 Likes

There are many different possibilities how “actual Fans” could have missed it e.g. by not being at home during the short sign up period or seeing the message but misunderstanding it due to not knowing english that well. Also maybe people who have a key want to play with their friends who didn’t even know about the game or missed it, too.

But I don’t see how this is relevant here. I think there has been enough people being annoyed about people asking for keys.

This is a diacussion for a conatructive and easy solution of some issues IMC sees as mayor Problem.

There is no tricking here. It’s directly asking for it. But why does this matter? IMC was willing to give out unlimited keys and had no problem with giving out more keys than initially planned.

The end of the registration period brought the above mentioned problems and since giving unlimited keys was no problem for IMC they can just keep doing it to easily fix said problems.

Well… who knows who is the “actual Fans”…?

This is just a closed beta test, if you missed it, just wait for the open beta then!!!
Maybe this is not the time for open beta(many things are incomplete), so they don’t do open beta yet.

1. Can I ask for more keys after the registration period? I want to enjoy TOS with more people.

We are sorry, but no. After the registration period is over, we are not going to accept any more requests for the keys.

I guess that is their answer even if it can possible to be a solution for key seller.

1 Like

Yes, that is true. However this is a relatively old (few days) statement by now which was made before the other problems occured.

Everything is still on their plan,
Key seller happend in CBT 1, not just now.

If you have been reading they previous posts, they were surprised by the amount of players/fans who registered for the 2nd iCBT and were not prepared to send that amount of keys to each of the players. And judging by their actions, they know that there is a possibility that their servers can’t handle the current player base for the beta test.

It is a minor issue that occurred during the distribution of these keys, and that is why that will punish players who do commercialize these keys. Now it is the players(who is able to participate in 2nd iCBT) responsibility to report if they see any activities that involve selling/commercializing these keys.

Reply from Staff_J 1 days ago

And this is today.

I think maybe they already have plan of what to do with key seller already.
Basically revoked or restricted from participating the beta test. The best we can do is report them if found any seller. As for how they’ll check those keys idk.

It’s true if they give more key with no limit = no one need to desperate enough to buy key.
But what is the point for key and CBT? Do they need more tester?
Why do people try to buy key and desperate that much to play game that still in test period?
In the end everyone will end up able to play with out key but they just need to be patience.

The point for not allow as commercial activities is because keys suppose to be free and not for sell. Also to protect buyer because the seller might selling fake key or scamming them.
Well, It’s up to IMC though if they’ll give more key or not.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I see what you did here.

I don’t mind tho…

But this isn’t their fault. They made the registration system fair and square.

1 Like

Thing is the guys who will buy the beta keys won’t report them, 'cause that would block the key and they couldn’t play after paying :x

1 Like

my excuse is i only found out about this game late. my bad luck, i don’t blame tos for that.

sure i’m sad i missed the window, but at the same time i’m angry at those monetizing keys at the expense of people like myself that genuinely want to play the game… sigh

i rather buy the game from TOS rather than give a dime to those unofficial key sellers >_>: