Tree of Savior Forum

Annoucement on Trade restrictions is bs

With 10,000+ transactions a day they are not going to cancel every illegitimate transaction. If you actually think that you are more delusional than I thought. Mind you IMC doesn’t even have enough staff to even moderate shout when they were spam with bots trying to sell silver. What makes you think have enough resources to go through all the illegitimate trades?

Their idea is to delay RMT but please don’t act like any of the things that they have provided actually counters it. If you want proof feel free to look at all the people who are still selling silvers in our main towns.

So if their methods doesn’t actually stop RMT then is it worth giving up trading? One of the most basic feature in any mmorpg?

Please don’t talk about how it stabilizes the economy because that’s just insulting. Token being sold for 300-500k, Enchant hats 200k+. When you can literally pump these items out of thin air because someone decides to legitimately buy silver then it doesn’t make a single difference.

The only difference between someone buying token and selling it and someone just buying silver from the black market is that the guy buying token is paying more real life money for his silver.

1 Like

That is not how the system will work. The Key phrase is “once an item is sold enough times through the market”. It will not adjust to impulse sales at 2 mil.

It’s pretty clear here that IMC is just trying to buy themselves as much time as possible, so they can milk every cent they can out of the idiots that believe them, before cashing out and leaving the game for dead.

All of these white knights arguing to “buy a token and you don’t have this problem” are too blind to see that they are paying to have the game as it should be in the first place. Now if this game P2P that would be fine, but the advertise it as F2P and proceed to punish players for using that format.

I would have absolutely no issue with paying money on cosmetic and convenience items, but I refuse to pay for an item that essentially lets me play the game as it is meant to be played. Especially when there “reasons” for having it in the first place is to stop RMT and it isn’t working.

IMC clearly takes their player base for a bunch of idiots. That post is insulting and these restrictions are nothing more than an attempt to force more of the player base into buying tokens.

I hope you enjoy the $10 you got from me because that’s the last you’ll be seeing until some serious changes are made.

4 Likes

This can’t be your first F2P MMO. Pretty much every one of them ‘punishes’ non-payers. There are only a few exceptions that prove the rule, like Path of Exile which isn’t even an MMO, really.

I don’t believe that you are IMC’s intended audience.

It is basically how it works, the 2mil item that sold is averaged into the price.

So when the system determines the “average” price it won’t be sold anymore.

Any good averaging tool takes out the high and low outlying numbers.

Does IMC have something against 80s hair metal? I mean, I know it’s not everyone’s thing, but I never thought of it as quite offensive…

@skiddroww I guess it isn’t. Sorry for any offense caused. It’s just that there’s a really big piracy website hanging out out in the wilderness with a certain name …

Just stop being dumb plz.
Members of piracy groups don’t hang on mmo forums with their group name as a pseudo.

1 Like

remove unfair ways to get silver = remove 95% of silver traders. Other 5% is super dedicated players, not an issue. IMC just cannot beat bots, impotents.

[quote=“Announcement”]
we cannot modify it immediately.[/quote]

[quote=“Announcement”]
immediately.[/quote]

Are you blind? The announcement is bullshit because they imply they’re going to change it? or did you just happen to ignore the most important part of the announcement to fuel your retarded rant?

That’s like saying soon.tm it could be a month, couple years, never.

3 Likes

They said they’re going to, and you act as if they never will.

I didn’t say or act like they never will, I was just saying their entire page they wrote made no sense; better off just writing a announcement only saying 1:1 trading can’t be changed immediately.

1 Like

It makes perfect sense. Is it flawed? Yes, of course it’s flawed. The logic behind it is fine, but in practice it is flawed, which is why they’re changing things - Making team storage free, and something (hopefully something good) with the 1:1 trading system. Personally, I have no problem with the marketplace system as is, although the one slot for free players is a little restrictive. Wouldn’t mind having a second. Waiting a couple days for funds is fine by me

1 Like

No i saw all that, but i will complain until the change happens. When they do a good job and fix it, only then will i stop.

2 Likes

I find it strange how after so many years of experience with MMO games players and companies still didn’t accept one truth - it’s impossible to get rid of bots by any in-game system, restrictions or anti-bot programs. Workaround to any measure will be always implemented by bot makers and gold sellers.

The only certain way to get rid of them is to hire a real person who warps around specific maps, determines who is a bot through observation and certain tests (no I’m not talking about something as primitive as trying to chat with them, there are actually many good techniques for that) and IP bans every single one of them manually. It must be the one and only responsibility of such staff member. This is the only way.

2 Likes

New announcement : Changes regarding trading restrictions, bot policy

Which allows non token users to trade = good

But does not change any of the restrictions on trading = bad

Sure, but if imc business model is to sell trades… Well, it would be dumb be they/we have more pressing matters (like mob respawn time).

First I want to see how long they’ll take to implement this and how they’ll do it.
Then it will always be time to make them remember our griefs about theses restrictions…