Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Cure also applies debuff, without knockback (to not spread mobs before inci i mean) ABE also leaves a debuff i think, deprotect as you said lvl 1 is enough, and i dont know if vashita shidi attrbute on lvl 3 also lasts after you stop casting… those and ofc black steam.

Cleric2 | Priest3 | Chaplain | Miko | Inquisitor
Would you go spirit or int on this one? I lack the time to really test and didn´t finish leveling yet.
How does it compare solo vs group, i guess that spirit is better for the blessing in groups while solo the int works best?

Also how are the sadhu int versions compare solo/grp pve? Is any of the builds pvp viable while still being good for pve?

spr spr spr chap = all time spr

C2-D1-S3-Kabba-Tao can deal good in pvp too and pve not bad, creepping death from body and astral to control the scape to ABE so either take one or the other, ABE knock down… R7 without def = huge dmg take if you hit him hard… :frowning: seems scary… invis, defenses to elements, good range and posesion “stun lock” if u get caught is over…

@mario_st
i really like your idea… when the scroll cost will drop any hint ?

Yeah agree that Miko isn’t the “best” choice for Diev Sadhu3 X Taoist builds. For the past few days I’ve been testing many alternatives to see which class fits the X. Some are worth mentioning and videoing like the PD1 Taoist variant

Kabbalist is also a good contender for the X position too. In terms of utility wise Priest1, Oracle1 and Diev2 are good considerations too.

In the end I chose Miko due to the following:

1. Spent a lot of time doing the advancement quest T_T
  2. The only other good 1 circle which I find is PD1, but since going PD1 might as well go all the way into the PD tree instead of Taoist.

And most importantly this

A shrine maiden whom can carve and pray to goddess statues, fight evil with talismans and has the ability to shift into spirit mode to move around. Good in terms of aesthetics too = =+

Edit:
Oh and some future proofing too. In the event when Taoist C2 and the R9 cleric classes fail to fit the build, can just go into Inquisitor C1 at Rank9.

Wheel + Stormcalling + Kagura ftw.

Your own blessing does not affect converted mobs, I just double checked to be sure.

Don’t you mean a loftlem with the second post? they have Quicken for themselves or something similar to it.

Neither do spr nor int effect conversion damage atm.

Personally, I like int more, since it spends less time buffing, deals more dmg solo and can grab a high lvl revive/mass heal with no worries.

Spr is still a solid option ofc, but it has to spend more time buffing, can perform well even with a nearly useless weapon and it’s much easier to level. + it has more dmg when In a group.

Sadhu3 is best when solo, as its easier to keep mobs within one Possession. It’s not bad for group pve, but tends to not grab priest and thus won’t be ideal for dungeons.

I don’t want to give PVP advice yet, We’re due for a pretty big pvp balance patch and It is not exactly my field of expertise either.

See this is what I was talking about.

182% base vs 322% max. Taking enhance into effect we get:
273% vs 483%. (77% more damage or 210 more skill factor.)

210 with a 5k matk rod or hammer is already over 10k added dmg.
Keep in mind it’s holy damage, so it gets an additional 50% bonus dmg vs dark mobs. (and -25% vs holy mobs.)

And it’s on an auto attack, meaning it will land plenty of hits using said skill factor.

Sure it’s not universally recommendable due to the skill point shortage for an spr build and since it needs a high dmg weapon.
But it is simply false to state that aspergillum has bad damage or bad damage scaling from skill levels.

1 Like

I happen to be an expert on this topic.

These builds are, as @Wurmheart mentioned, mostly pve centric. The best pvp cleric builds have Kabbalist and Inquisitor in them. Kabbalist for Revenge Sevenfold and Ein Sof(leave sp attribute off), Inquisitor for Pears (anti mage/caster tool), Malleus(good if you manage to hit only 1 person with it) Wheel and Smash for surprise burst.

Another very strong class is Oracle. Oracle1 provides Prophecy which is essential to avoid stuns and freezes, among other nasty things. Counter Spell, now that Miko’s gohei can’t touch it, is effectively an anti-magic field that lasts for 30 seconds. It can’t be reversi’d and you can use it to cancel Raise, Ice Wall, Safety Zone, Heal Tiles etc…it is a game changer.

This being said, unless you want to roll with cleric1, you can’t fit them all in a Chaplain build so you have to choose. Chaplain1 or Cleric2? I chose Chaplain so my build is more of a PVP/PVE hybrid. A more ‘pure’ pvper would opt for Cleric2 and have more heal tiles and a beefy safety zone. Also Divine Might + resurrection makes it 1 second cast instead of 2 seconds…and 1 second can be an eternity in PVP.

1 Like

@Wurmheart Lets write more wall of texts together :KappaPride:

There a few details i would like to get cleared / correct.

By my observations (not a proper testing) it seems to me that the recovery effect of potions is affected by their respective boosting stat. SPR to SP potions and CON to HP potions. Which could make getting these stats an efficient alternative for heavy potion consumption builds.

I’m not sure if this scales from the stat itself or the recovery stat that it provides. If you are up for testing i still got my SP recovery boosting set on my druid.

Every Dievdirbys statue is rooted to place now and CAN’T be knocked back anymore.

Fun note: It also turns you, your allies and any thing really … that touches it on plant. Its a neutral buff.

Awesome guide!

1 Like

What benefits Priest and Chaplain gets from INT?

I know Exorcise/ME will be stronger. Will aspergillum benefit from INT?

Also, in a INT build, why go for Miko/Inq when PD2 benefits more from int? Did I miss anything here?

Yes Aspergillum will benefit from INT since Aspersion is a magic skill.

Both builds ‘work’ but I would recommend PD2 over miko/inquis for an INT build.

I can confirm that SPR affects SP Pots, I was on my Chap-PD2 full SPR and by accident used an SP potion and saw that it gave 2k+ SP when the pot usually would give me about 800 so yeah, it definitely scales with it.

1 Like

What about a SPR build? would you recommend miko/inq or PD2?

Also which do you prefer SPR or INT builds?

I’m rather sick of testing right now, I still want to polish up the posts a bit and then get a bit of farming/leveling done if possible.Maybe tomorrow.

I’ve edited the statue and chortas bits, cheers btw.
And didn’t the ktos thread I linked say something similar? +0.1% hp/sp per point recovery from potions and buffs or so? don’t think the value is accurate though. A lot of those changed already.

Does spr give resist again btw? I saw it got re-added on our news site as well.

@enryu.kawa:
Exorcise/ME/Resurrection/Hamaya/MM/heal/aspersion>aspergillum all benefit of matk/int
Chap/Miko/inquis is still a very powerful build even with a int focus. Spr has more synergy with it due to MM’s buff to every hit and the flames though imo.
Inq is just a powerhouse that even if it had no synergy it would still be one of the better options.

What makes Inq so powerful in your opinion?

I see that the class is good after testing a little bit, but you sound like it’s miles ahead of any other combination

Actually no idea, my tbl friends are also confused on the resist status from SPR.

Im proposing the help, but i’m also quite overworked by irl stuff right now. So it would be as an offer to take any time, specially if i forget as it tends to happen =P

I just decided to get some stuff done on forums today, as i got some wall of texts incoming for the Druid thread that have been on hold since the weekend.

Edit: Does the forum uses some cache now? or the edit hasnt been processed yet, i can’t see any change =O.

It’s high skill factors and considering that even any build can get a high patk value due to enhancing/transcendency + hammer now.

Add in MM adding dmg to every hit and the quite nice burn attribute and it will feel like more than a mere 4 skills.

Granted part of is also due to a lack of decent r8 competitors.
Taoist is weak damage wise, miko and druid1 stand out as r7-8 ideal int single rank int choices and both due to a single offensive skill. (Hamaya/Carnivory respectively).

Plague Doctor2 is very good, but PD1 on its own is less than stellar. And tends to be diffuclt to get get debuffs going as a chaplain for just pd1. Monstrance3 is prob your best bet.

@Wolfy:
I can see this part:[quote=“Wolfy, post:136, topic:361112”]
Edit: Does the forum uses some cache now? or the edit hasnt been processed yet, i can’t see any change =O.
[/quote]

Could use some help with Druids later I suppose. I’ll mention it in that thread. Most of it is in re-writing it though.

SP potions shouldn’t be hard to test with a stat+rank reset either…

I don’t know why but everytime I buy a Sacrament lvl 10/11 I notice that even my lvl 1 Sacrament is giving me more Holy Attack (sometimes even double), and they’ve high SPR because their Blessings are giving like 1500+, maybe the SPR scaling doesn’t apply properly for Sacrament through Spell Shop?

Blessing doesn’t always apply properly either so…

hi hello hi again
What skills to go in that PD build? I don’t know ■■■■ about it ‘–’

This is what I’m using:

Beak Mask is optional, I just got it because aesthetics.

if you want you can reduce Healing Factor to lvl 6 and a few points from Pandemic to increase Incineration lvl to max, up to you, 1 point into Disenchant would also give you some debuffs to make Incineration last longer (you need the attributes for it), I didn’t do it because Black Death Steam does much more than Incineration and the scaling from maxing it isn’t that great, so I decided to go for utility instead.