Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

This made me lol so hard. 600k godsmashes in a massive AoE are not ideal for PvE. Suuuuure.

Wurmheart gonna wurmheart.

Good info for the classes you’ve actually tested tho pls keep up the good work :+1:

Not sure what you’re talking about, though that seems to be a running gag at this point.
I’m saying that compared to other classes pala/inq doesn’t get remotely as much out of their r9.

And I do hope you’re not talking about Inquis2, since Tao1’s Stormcalling is a much better dmg boost (+50% phys dmg via attribute), even if the 24s cd doesn’t quite match up perfectly.

Inquis2 is roughly +22% from +5 skill level, and +58,6% vs demons. And yes I know how Judgement works, but a 60s cd and 8 target limit hinder it.

And would you sincerely favor such a dmg increase over let’s say another AoE dmg skill?
Or a dmg boost and some utility on the side?
That’s what I’m getting at. It’s kind of slim pickings.

2 Likes

Cleric 2 > Krivis 3 > Monk > Kabbalist > Zealot 2 has been good, but his sp pool is so small, I can barely do anything before my juice runs out. Any recomendations?

Does your ein sof fully recover your sp when used?
Though either way, you’ll want some +spr stats on items wherever possible, they not only boost your max sp, sp regen but also your sp recovery via potions and ein sof itself.

Potions are the next best thing, ideally alchemist potions since they are quite effective.

Squire food buffs can also help tremendously, there is both a +sp and a -10s sp regen tick buff.

Arcane Energy scrolls can help, or have an oracle3 cast AE 15 on your next to a squire’s base camp. Bit harder to find oracle3’s though.

Wizards also have 2 useful buffs Summon Familiar and Empower, but I think you need a wizard alongside you for both. (not sure on cat buff durations.)

There are plenty of enemies who are demons without the need to cast judgment.

And 5 skill points is more than a 22% damage boost. I’d spend a respec and show you but knowing you, you wouldn’t care anyway.

That’s why I encourage you to stick to the excellent info you have about the classes you have tested :+1:

https://tos.neet.tv/skills/41407

1883 / 1537 = 1,2251138

Feel free to prove me wrong though, if you have resets to spare ofc.
Not being sarcastic, don’t go wasting resets if you need them.

inhales
Should I use a 2H Mace OR 1H Mace + Arde Dagger as a physical damage build?
(Cleric 2 > Kriv 3 > Monk > Kab > Zealot 2)

What about a (Cleric > Priest 3 > Chap > Krivis 3 > Inqui) build? What should I use there?

tonight’s respec is going to one of my wizards and I’m still playing with zealot.

I wish i could trade the skill reset by stash. Maybe I’ll give it a shot tomorrow.

I still can’t decide how to make my zealot. Just to many cool ideals.

2h is basically only the outright best on int and some spr builds, since it can get higher matk than 2x 1handers.

With ideal stats a 1hand + shield should be better for phys builds.
But 2handers are close enough that if you got monk or pala you might as well use one if you got one with decent stats.

Your second build can’t use 2 handers anyway, it’s only available for monks and palas…

2 handed mace is cooler too. shields are for the scared

If I’m going for Miko-Kabba(for Ein Sof)-Zealot 2 with high SPR build (around 50 into CON for some HP)

What should I do for rank 2-5? Not a fan of Owl so even if I take Diev it’s at best 1 point for me (Laima’s CD reduction and Vakarine cheap warp mainly)

Thinking of just doing Cleric 2 Priest 3 for the massive healing potential of Ein Sof Mass Heal too, but I feel like that might be too many buffs to keep track of.
Priest3-Chap would leave me without Cleric 2, though admittedly the AA damage would help fix the lack of low cd damage in the build.

Like, is Priest 3 worth it over just getting the buffs from Pardoner (I think they said the shop buff is about 30% weaker than player cast one?)

Diev3/Miko and Bokor3 work best on an spr zealot IMO.

Maybe even paladin3, since turn undead also scales from Spr.
But they got more issues than zombies/owls do tbh.

Chaplain/Priest3 isn’t bad either, but also not as amazing. Kind of feels more like a PvP niche build that isn’t that strong even in PvP?

Basically, due to several reasons, one of which you already pointed out.

1# Pardoner shops sell blessing/sacrament (and other buffs) at 70% effectiveness.
Since pardoner buffs do not get overwritten by their default versions most of the time in PvE you’ll fail to apply blessing and just don’t really benefit that much from it.

2# Blessing and Sacrament/Last Rites don’t really compete well with the current gear in PvE.
Let’s face it, even if you had a +3k dmg blessing it wouldn’t really be that important with the current gear system for PvE, not when 40k carnivory ticks aren’t even endgame dmg yet…

Though for PvP it is a different matter, as bonus and additional dmg bypass defenses and thus keep some use at least. (and no pardo buffs in TBL ofc.)

3# Last Rites is the one spr scaling exception, but even that needs sacrament 10 and just isn’t that good.

As written above really, Last Rites dmg scales from Sacrament itself. Which in turn needs both a high skill level and high spr to work well.

But since pardoners sell sacrament, you only get the +30% advantage from sacrament and full scaling from Last Rites. And even with a ridiculous 999 spr that’s only +3k dmg per auto…

#4 You simply don’t have enough skill points as an spr priest tbh.

Ideally, on an spr build you’d want:

• Blessing maxed, that’s 15 points.
  • Sacrament maxed, that’s another 10.
  • Aspersion maxed if you go Chaplain, as it’s your best dmg source for in priest3.
  • Resurrect 4+ to ensure you can revive fallen party members quickly.
  • Revive 3+ to ensure you can prevent a few deaths every cast.
  • A 6-10 mass heal as you usually skip cleric2.
  • Maybe Stone Skin maxed as well.
  • 1 in Monstrance for the spr scaling and +30% dex boost on allies.

You need to cut something out of the package, and ironically the dmg from blessing/sacrament tends to be on the losing side in such a comparison…

Basically, I’m tempted to say spr chaplain isn’t really worth it.
But it still isn’t all that bad either tbh, and can shine somewhat in PvP.

1 Like

Can you explain the Bokor 3 option? Is it simply typical zombokor as extra damage/occasional Damballa? I would definitely enjoy +7 ms from that at least.

Zombies get +0.3% dmg per point of spr. (And I think a flat dmg increase as well.)
But basically +330spr = +100% zombie dmg.

So just max zombify, max Ogouveve, prob Samediveve too and just let them rip.
Don’t use Damballa though, you want the zombies to keep their Ogouveve buff 24/7.

1 Like

can you guess what the exact build is here? i’m having trouble with sp allocation and i would like to replicate it, but will have to stack a ton of spr i’m sure

I mean, don’t zombies slowly die anyway? I figured I’d use Damballa when I want a fresh(er) batch of zombies to rebuff.

I am liking mine atm. Just got to get use to putting owls in the right position with the game pad. I also love miko. Dancing and sweeping. To awesome.

Probably something like:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41144429jj.1a26345565.14314f7a85.253545.253545.1128314a5565

Not sure about the rest of the bokor skills, can do anything with them tbh. (prob not bwa kayiman though.)

@rofldat:
Yeah they lose hp, but you have ein sof for improved healing anyway.

Try it out, you should have a spare skill reset after rank reset anyway giving you some leeway.
I find it better to just preserve my Large/Wheelchair zombies and Ogouveve personally.

I have settled on a compromise with my chaplain build

Monster gems for Aspersion and Mass Heal to boost them up a bit. Also monster gem for Blessing cause why not? Not having stone skin sucks, but points are spread too thin. Exorcise + ME simply doesnt make sense any more since it is better to AA then be stuck in the animation lock of the skills.

1 Like