Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Hi @Wurmheart, just one last clarification on BF: so if the additional damage it makes uses the next holy attack as its base, does it make sense to prioritize maximizing Sacrament in Chap-Zealot builds instead?

do you guys can tell me what is the best build for a dps paladin in pve? is the one with zealot 2 or inqui 2? should i go full str or some dex?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4117bbbfgg.1a213a435561.11253544.1f356575859a.153545.11456a7a8391

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#4117bbbfjj.1a25355565.14253541.1f23324565758a.153545.1128314a5565

1 Like

Valkoriaā€™s builds are fine, use as reference. If you want stronger AoE-focus, take zealot2. Fanatic illusion is one of the greatest AoE skills, high %damage, easy to hit with hitbox, and 50% uptime. If you like inquis theme, pick inquis2. Inquis2 main skills are still malleus, god smash, breaking wheel. Iron maiden is a PvP skill.

Anyone knows what the Attribute damage for Merkabah is for and what it affects?

In ToS neet it is based off enhanced level%.

Sorry was busy testing, fell asleep and then continued testing xD.

I kinda like the chap/druid/inq tbh, but itā€™s definitely odd and a bit unreliable with dagger attacks though. (but you can also stick to lycan only and just rely on inquis flames + wheel and mm.)

@greyhiem:

Iā€™m slightly growing fonder of Tao2 tbh.

The extra zaibas is quite nice, even if it isnā€™t the best dmg option.
The extra duration on Stormcalling is also very welcome, though it feels like it should have been like this at around skill level 5 imo.

Divine Punishment I can occasionally manage to hit 2 mobs with, but since I can only get it to occasionally get work vs a melee mob that attacks me the instant I start charging I feel like itā€™s probably a bug.

Raise Circle(Yeah Iā€™m not calling it upper level, ā– ā– ā– ā–  that.) I kind of like as well, overheat3 and the ability to make carnivory hit flying enemies is quite nice.

Toy Hammer sounds good as well, but thatā€™ll prob get nerfed asap.

@yurick.hauschild:
Iā€™d probably something other than priest3 tbh, but keep priest2.
Otherwise, itā€™s not so bad for a fs build, but not on par with the diev3 or pala3 variants imo.

@Kertes:

Blind Faith scales only via your sp. (though it should add bonus dmg and elemental property dmg.)
The main benefit of Sacrament and Last Rites is that they are considered hits and thus should proc BF more often.

Their dmg doesnā€™t really matter tbh, the major benefit from Sacrament 10 is that it boosts Last Rites dmg per auto. Which isnā€™t a lot, but pardoners donā€™t sell maxed Last Rites.

@juanmedina3199: Check the second post, it has recommended pala builds.
Zealot2 is far stronger for PvE ofc.

Also, this type of ā– ā– ā– ā–  is inexcusable in my opinion:

• It is neither Magic Nor Physical, itā€™s additional holy dmg solely.
  • It triggers an extra line on any hit other than its own, which deals SP x 2-3 as said dmg type.
  • It does so for up to 40 times, or till its 40s duration times out.

Then you must be still quite sleepy because I was asking about [STR][Cleric C3/Paladin C3/Kabbalist C1/Zealot C2] XD

yep, my bad.
Not that sleepy atm, just trying to do many things at once. It isnā€™t working out very well.

Thatā€™s quite a good build tbh, though cleric3 might be a bit overkill. Think you get more out of priest1 or Diev1 tbh.

Though Iā€™d personally put 1 point in fade for easier questing tbh, but you can also use barrier instead.

and do you think that i should go full str with a pala 3-zealot 2 or should i put some points in dex?

@juanmedina3199:

If you want to PvP Iā€™d put some points into dex for the block pen,
otherwise Iā€™d go full str.
(though evasion can be nice in PvE tbh)

Kabbalist Testing results:

N* just refers to the calculated number to keep it brief.

• Ein Sof:
    Sp recovery scales dramatically with Spr, an lvl 5 ein sof on 23.5k health gives me 25k sp. (with 338 spr)
    Itā€™s Stacked Healing doubles the healing for anyone under Ein Sof, but it also doubles the healing from any heal or mass heal used by a character under Ein Sof.
    But they never stack ofc.

• Merkybobbafet the slow:
    Collision dmg ignores enhance attribute.
    Wrongly shows old pre-combat change attribute value as well, enhance only counts once and as 1x 0.5%.

• Reduce Level:
    Not worth it, even on a 320 mission boss dropping 9 levels only subtracted 50k health.

• Double Chance:
    Debuff that causes the next hit to deal 10% x skill level damage times N* (aka lvl 10 = 100% x N*)
    Not bad, but needs 10 skill points and a strong hit to work well.
    And itā€™s single target, but works on bosses and elites.

• Gevurah:
    Debuff that causes the next N* hits to deal 20% more dmg per skill level.
    It is not additive to skill factor, itā€™s a flat-out multiplier. Quite good tbh.
    Can hit several mobs and works on bosses and elites.

• Clone:
    Spawns N* additional copies of target enemy for N* + 1s +(1s per skill level).
    They can only drop items when killed.
    Does not work on Elites or Bosses.

• Attributes:
    Work as described for the most part, only bit left out is that Merkabahā€™s holy attribute adds a second hit worth 10% of the dmg. But Nekorin has said that plenty of times already.

Gonna try and run a few more tests regarding oracle and clone, but thatā€™ll take a while as well.

Ow, and some more zombie stuff:
Ouguveve is adding far too little to even be a 30% multiplicative buff at higher base atk on zombies. No idea whatā€™s going on with this skill.
Zombify may be a +3% max patk for zombies per skill level is my closest estimate so far. But need to test it later without Spr.

Should be able to skip bokor3 on an spr zombie build evenā€¦ Think Iā€™ll test that tomorrow.

1 Like

I was thinking in using the build of these video, any ideas if it will work fine?
Its a cleric c1/Priestc3/Chap1/PallyC3/ Inquisitor C1

It should work relative well, though it is a rather unusual rank choice.

Priest3/Paladin3 is quite good regardless, but usually, Iā€™d expect to see it with zealot2 for dmg or x/tao1 for a support focus.

This is more of a hybrid between dmg and support, but Iā€™m not even sure stone skin is noticeable after all those def boosts and dmg reductions.

But if you do grab Kabb1 for Ein Sofā€™s Stacked Healing or PD1 for Healing factor you lose a good chunk of damageā€¦ (Unless you go pd2 or something.)

Best to try it if you can first, Iā€™m not entirely sold on the idea but it should have some merit.

What are the exact benefits of using a 2H Blunt weapon over 1H + Offhand? The damage difference doesnā€™t seem that huge honestly, the AoE attack Ratio seems the same and 1H + Offhand typically has more Sockets on top of that.
Am I missing some hidden factor which makes 2H worthwhile?

• Demolition can only be used with a 2h hammer ofc.
  • 2h hammers have a higher base atk, and while it may not seem like much initially at trans 10 thatā€™s an extra 700 atk roughly.
  • itā€™s one of the few ways to boost zombie dmg, since 50% of weapons matk is added as patk for them. (which is then multiplied by your spr bonus)
  • They have 5 main hand sockets, which is more beneficial towards matk builds as offhand sockets donā€™t increase magic dmg.

They can roll up to 6 rng stats, but I donā€™t think they go high enough to compare well vs 2x 1hand items. (but havenā€™t seen what stat caps are either.)

And you canā€™t benefit from Deprotected Zone: Sword attack, since daggers do trigger that for some unknown reason.

Or the most simple one, you could find a good 2h hammer with better rng rolls and want to use it over crappy rolled 1h hammers or rods.

really appreciate all the zombie info. Got into doing the miko quest and stop all my testing. I wish 2 handed blunt skill was a cleric attribute. I really donā€™t see them op enough just to be in 2 classes. Is there a list of skills that clap affects ?

What does Aukuras do with new attribute?

It increases fire property damage on magic hits according to the following formula:

(215 + ((([Character INT] + [Character SPR]) ^ 0.9) Ɨ (1 + [Skill Level] / 15)) + ([Skill Level] Ɨ 43))

1 Like

Is this dmg bonus a buff? Or should I stay round the torch to have it on?

Hi, How much is BDS increase Incineration?

Are all paladin builds mana hungry? I should name my guy chugging pots lol. Anyone got a build that isnā€™t so oom?

Iā€™m getting between x1.25 ~ x1.50 on different mobs, canā€™t figure out exactly how that combo is calculated though.
(worst vs earth?, best vs poison? wut?)

That Stormcalling: Zaibas attribute only works if you have skill levels in zaibas btw.

@pigbath:

Paladins are quite bad sp management wise, try to get some sp on gear or even spend 100 points into Spr.