Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

@DiMeowgio may have tested it, I have not. I kept Aspersion at 1, since I needed to put the points elsewhere for support reasons.[quote=“jr_batenga, post:323, topic:361112”]
Also, is the skill’s damage based on matk (and therefore INT) or SPR?
[/quote]

Yes, it is a matk skill, so INT will boost its damage. SPR will indirectly boost it by boosting blessing damage.[quote=“jr_batenga, post:323, topic:361112”]
Also, but less importantly, has the damage of sacrament and last rites changed with the new patch? Is there any significant damage increase if one were to level Sacrament? What is the skill’s damage based on now?
[/quote]

I would never recommend leveling sacrament unless you plan to sell it, just grab n go from a pardoner shop.

1 Like

I did a pretty brief, and quite unscientific test on it (a lot of eye-balling was involved) and I noticed that as an SPR-built Chaplain, Lv1 vs Lv15 Aspersion (Lv75 Attribute) gained me roughly +2XXX~3XXX more damage in the Aspergillum line.

Hence, I dropped Aspersion to Lv1 (minimum required if you want to use Aspergillum / I’ve tried Lv0, no Aspergillum line comes out) and I’ve spent the rest of the points on other supportive skills.

Despite this “loss” in raw damage, since I’m geared (+11 Vien Mace and all other items +10 or 11 as well), I never die and no one else does (Lv7 + 1 Revive coupled with Lv10 Mass Heal, Cleric’s Heal is used for DPS) and I’m normally #1 damage dealer, regardless of who I’m partied with. Blessing is at +16XX.

Of course this is my playstyle given the gears that I’m wearing, we’ll have vastly different mileage depending on how far along you are attribute and gear-wise.

Not bad for a circle that people have long touted as “falls-off hard late game” or “is dead”.

Edit: @jr_batenga

4 Likes

https://tos.neet.tv/skills/40201 has an up to date description of how aspersion scales.

In this case, aspersion gains +10% skill factor per skill level and has a base skill factor of 182%.
It means lvl 1 aspersion/aspergillum deals 182% of your matk and lvl 15 deals 322% of your magic attack.
(And keep in mind the enhance is now +50% dmg which is counted right after those skill factors, which makes it a max of 273% for lvl 1 and a max of 483% for lvl 15. )
Ergo lvl 15 is roughly 76,9% more dmg over lvl 1.

And no, aspersion/aspergillum no longer gain dmg from spr. But spr does scale the defense buff a tiny bit.

Sacrament/Last rates have had only change, and that is that they now add 1 holy atk per spr regardless of the skill level.
So leveling those past 1 doesn’t provide a huge benefit, just a bit of duration and a tiny bit of dmg.

And keep in mind matk and skill factors still have to deal with magic defenses to boot. And the def dmg formula changed as well, see the op or news section of this site.

1 Like

@Remiri, @DiMeowgio and @Wurmheart Thank you all very much for your insight. I now have everything I need to complete my build. Good luck and see you around my fellow Chaplains.

1 Like

So, I have a lvl320 chaplain-PD that I leveled following your guide and I am loving it, so thank you.
And now I started leveling a STR Pala-Inq, it will be a Clerc C2/Priest C1/Paladin C3/xxx/Inq(now its rank 4), and now I’m having a problem choosing my rank 7, I don’t know if I should pick a PD for the Healing Factor(OP skill), Pandemic to spread conviction and some other skill(maybe bloodletting or incinerate) or if I should pick Kaballist for the Ein Sof to regenerate Sp and Revenged Sevenfold(for some magical dmg), and I would really appreciate if someone could help me choose.
As for stats I am thinking about 30-50 of CON, 70-100 SPR and the rest in STR.
Also I would like to know what weapon could I use in my paladin for leveling to maximize its damage, I know anything with some red gems would work but I want something good, and I don’t know if I should pick a good sword(for its raw damage and STR boost) or a good hammer(for its mattack and SPR boost).
Ps: I’m assuming here that a good hammer have a SPR boost and a good sword have a STR boost

Weapon wise I’d say go for a mace, despite it having a bit less dmg you can use it afterward to level most wizards/cleric alts to boot.

But there’s a lot of options that are all good:

• A five hammer with 5 red gems, can be quite expensive due to the gems alone but it can be used from lvl 40 till 315 which is really nice for alts.
  • A Catacombs club with 2 red gems, still can be decently expensive but you can grind for the mats as well.
  • A Pajoritas Mace. with 1-2 red gems. Can be bought quite cheaply from time to time.
  • Or the super budget option, a Tevhrin Mace.

Rank wise…
Well, they’re both really good.
And you can also consider Oracle for Counterspell, Forecast and Prophecy.

But it just comes down to what you want, and perhaps what costume you like best.

Personally, I’d be quite tempted to grab kabbalist tbh, ein sof and r7 are really nice additions. (and a nice costume.)

because people here have extensive knowledge of this… i want to ask…

is cleric c2 > priest c3 > pal c3 spi build…possible?

pal skills that i only want to take… are Resto, MR, Barrier, Turn Unded (spi add on)
full support.

Note (not a main) I just want something different… and wanted this build set up… any advice??

Sure, it is possible to make that build.

I just wouldn’t recommend it.

Restoration and Turn Undead can both be gotten from scrolls, and aside off the heal bonus from resto they just aren’t really worth using.

Resist Elements is rather nice, but rarely needed and it has significant downtime.

Barrier is really good defensively obviously as it’s mdef bonus and its cc ish ability ensure it’s almost always beneficial in difficult content.
But enough barrier scrolls can make up for lacking a paladin.

You’d end up with a poor mans spr build tbh.
And it’s a problem paladin has for almost all builds aside of the obvious inquisitor variant.
It doesn’t have any proper synergy, the benefits it has are mostly far too niche and its dmg skills are lacking or outright bugged.

Pala needs an improvement badly imo. It’s only saving graces are its inquisitor’s synergy with conviction and having access to any r3 and r7 off choice.

Hi @Wurmheart! Currently building a combat Pardoner that exploits the DE mechanic. Would just like to ask if there is any further synergy for a Chap-Inq who uses the DE-PoA-Reversi combo, other than the fact that DE extends MM’s debuff? Thanks!

Plenty of synergy, but absolutely none of it is worthwhile. (including scroll/MM)

DE post nerf needs a good initial duration to work well, and quite frankly we don’t have any debuffs that can properly benefit of it ourselves.

Most debuffs have no issue of being re-applied and thus barely benefit of DE. Like a lvl 6 MM has only 3s downtime.
The scroll combo is decent, but incredibly expensive and has a far to long cd time for a mere +4s.
It doesn’t affect our many circle or object based debuffs either, and barely affects those with short durations.

There might be debuffs of note in the other 3 classes, but I’m not familiar enough with those.

So for, say a Cleric>Chaplain>Pardoner2>Inquisitor, it’s really just: MM and the PoA-Reversi combo that benefits off of DE? Cure is counted out? I guess you have Deprotect Zone and Exorcise? That’s as much as I can think of.

Yea cure would not be influenced by DE since it doesn’t have a timer on the debuff.

I’m thinking about two builds

scroll build: cleric2- krivis1-pala3-pard1-oracle

pvp build: cleric1- priest3-monk2-pd1-inquisi

what do you think?

monk is really low damage until you top out on gear, you really need a +11 or higher 315 mace with at least stage5 trans to make it effective in pvp.

As long as you are committed to that, it would work.

Cure and deprot zone aren’t affected since they are tile based.

Exorcise/MM/PoA after reversi scroll should be effected by DE though. But keep in mind DE has a 25s cd and works only off current duration. Ergo you’ll want to cast it asap after the debuffs it works on, trying to use both poa/exorcise prior to DE will waste seconds of extension time.

Very helpul insight man!

Quick clarifications:

1. you use DE AFTER casting the skill whose debuff effect you want to extend (i.e. MM, PoA), right?
  2. does Reversi affect Malleus in any way?
  1. Yes, but DE works on all debuffs active. You want to cast it right after your debuff of choice (Exorcise/PoA usually) to get the most out of it.

2. Haven’t tested it, but it’s not a circle so it shouldn’t have any effect on Malleus.

1 Like

I wanna make Cleric 2 > Priest 3 > Oracle > Kabbalist > Inquisitor. Any recommendation for skills/stats build? What should I change from this http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/f8ruybjd14/

You already reached priest 3 AND you got inquisitor. You might as well ditch kabbalist or c1 or oracle to get chaplain to take advantage of Blessing and Malleus Malifecarium. Stats is definitely all spr to make blessing better.
Now for skills!

tos dot neet dot tv is much better and gives the updated skills description. For example, stoneskin now sucks beyond belief. I would ditch that to max out revive for that sweet 10s invuln and the remaining point in exorcise or something.

Going chaplain will give you an extra 3 lines of damage : Sacrament (from shop! just keep 1 point on it), aspergillium, and last rites will multiply blessing per whack and magnus from chap will give you some aoe. You might as well just wear cafrisun as well to get 5 lines and a cheapo enchant fire scroll will bring you to 6.

For inquisitor, 1 god smash, 5 wheel, 5 malleus (its debuff is amazing), and save the rest of the points for inquis 2.

The problem is I don’t really like Chaplain :frowning: and I’m thinking to go 1:3 Con:Spr , having low HP as healer kinda bothers me…