Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Well, I guess Skullsmasher would still benefit Paladin because some of his abilities scales with it (like Barrier) but besides that, not that much.

Call me a classic lover, but I think it would be awesome to have a sword wielding paladin!

Stats wise, Skull Smasher is better only at high levels of anviling/trascendence (if I understood it right). And the additional socket, obviously.
However it doesnā€™t seem to be made for physical clericsā€¦ at least stats wise :confused:

@ChainOfMemories yeahā€¦ but doesnā€™t seem so worth it, just for an attribute of barrier.

@Wurmheart @dragonfeian

This might be an option for Paladins:

It has STR and INT, bad thing is 1 maximum socket though.

That one single socket :confused:
In my eyes, which are noob eyes, the single socket is countering the critical rate.
Since I have just one socket there is no reason to go with green gem, making the critical rate stat kinda useless. Following this thought I could put a red gem, but it pales compared to a Viena.
Maybe Lolo Mace? But I donā€™t know how possible is it to acquire it.

In the meantime I asked on the Inq thread for a check on God Smash * blunt weapons.

Itā€™s not maximum 1 socket. Itā€™s a hunting grounds mace. I donā€™t know if it can reach more sockets but it definitely can have 2.

1 Like

Wich stats benefits Heal the most INT or SPR?

They both add 2~3 flat healing per stat point, so theyā€™re tied.

So, I had asked about it beforehand in the last thread, but it was a long time ago. I came back with the recent changes and ended up sticking with this build. Iā€™m thinking I might need to change some skills around a little bit after reading your guide(this skill build is from 2016, so a wee bit out of date):

Iā€™m curious as to what stats I should focus onā€¦ Iā€™ve mainly been solo as an Auto Attack build, so iā€™ve been doing a mix of Dex/Str with Con/Spr for utility. Right now its 2 Dex, 1 Str, .5 Con, .5 Spr, or rounded to wholes, 4:2:1:1

Iā€™ve noticed in some of the later dungeons that my damage hasnā€™t scaled well, of course I am also in need of a better weapon. Iā€™ve been told to hit up a Five Hammer with 5 5* Red Gems for good Auto Attack Damage, but I donā€™t know what else to use.

Should I restat to straight Str, like you listed in the Opening posts of this Thread or stick with something else? I currently feel iā€™m undergeared right now, which iā€™m sure I am, not knowing what armor to move up to. My friends been running a Monk with that Hammer, and Gemmed Cafrisuns for the extra proc hit from elemental on it.

Has that Elemental proc been changed at all? Or is Cafrisun still one of the only things that gives you that ā€œfreeā€ hit?

Currently Iā€™m just using a Generic lvl 70 Hammer, Cafrisun set, Zachariel and Crystal Bangle, some middling enchanted headgears and a +10 Spr Necklace(I got the other 3 +10 Stat Necklaces stashed away).

I still manage to do alright using skills and what not, but pretty sure I need an overhaul. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

ArtemisDream aka CalReena

You should stop put in point ins spr, i have read that the best stat for a pala/quisitor is str/con and nothing else and for equipment you should go with whatever you have until you are 315, and buy the 315 blue/purple from HG. Using casifrun set is good because bless apply on every line of damage letting you one or two shot the enemies.

Youā€™ll need to max barrier, it scales mdef now by 10%. Ideally by tossing 2 out of turn undead since it got nerfed.
Otherwise, it looks fine.

Statwise donā€™t bother with ratioā€™s anymore.
You simply want enough sp regen(not sure what ideal amount is for palas yet), enough con (30+ ish) and put the rest into str.
Dex offers next to nothing for paladins since their dmg comes primarily from dmg skills with decent cooldowns.

And make sure you grab the blessing of pardoners, it helps a ton right now.

Gear wise thereā€™s several options for easier leveling, but most can be a bit expensive. Keep your eyes out for a fully gemmed five hammer, catacombs club or a Pajoritas mace.
Prior to 170 it shouldnā€™t matter that much though.

At lvl 315 youā€™ll need a proper weapon asap. The prevordimas can work if you can find one cheaply, but the Vienazaris mace is a much better option.
(Aside of the practonium itā€™s arguably much easier to get, but the pract takes a random amount of days depending on your luck and can take monthsā€¦)

Cafrisun isnā€™t really needed for non priests atm. To little dmg with to little defenses. Just grab the highest def stuff you find.

1 Like

has anyone known about breaking wheel spreading malleus??? common knowledge is that the wheel spreads damage and debuffs form physical based attacks, and the wheel gets status effects from monsters attacksā€¦ malleus is magic based but breaking wheel can get hit and spreads damage from malleus mā€¦ i didnā€™t know about this before, i accidentally hit malleus key while wheel is up then saw wheel gets hit and spreads damage from malleusā€¦

1 Like

Read this as well, I did some tests but didnā€™t really notice anything. What I do is activate Malleus before I do Wheel. Or am I doing it wrong?

curious discovery for meā€¦ but someone else mustā€™ve known about thisā€¦ summon breaking wheel step back and cast malleus. wheel gets hit, debuffed and spreads damageā€¦

I see the animation for the breaking wheel ā€˜spread effectā€™ when you cast malleus near breaking wheel, but i have yet to see it spread the debuff and damage. I wonder if it is just a visual bug.

Thanks again for the save. I had the stat/skill reset pot still in storage from founders pack, definitely had to use the stat. I probably couldā€™ve gotten by without the skill, but I did.

I dropped TU to 1, so I could max barrier and get 1 point in conversion for the Utility you were talking about in the opening posts.

Iā€™m sometimes wishing I had taken Priest 1, even if blessing wouldā€™ve been stuck at 5, just to have it. Most times now, at most bosses iā€™ve run into, theres no point in even using Laima/Zemyna statues, the boss dies too fast. I suppose the statues are more effective when farming maybe?

yaā€¦ itā€™s kinda hard to see at firstā€¦ i mightā€™ve mistaken the additional damage lines as actual damage from malleusā€¦ but the particle effect (lightning on the ground + sound) of the wheel being hit is visible and audibleā€¦ wouldā€™ve probably saved resources if malleus didnā€™t hit and debuffed the wheel considering itā€™s coming from the caster, the fixed hit count and itā€™s magic based???

Hello, ummā€¦ excuse me I have a Cleric 2 - Priest 3 - Diev 3, what are your thoughts about it? I donā€™t generally find it boring to play (I actually find it enjoyable) but I tend to mostly put down Owls on the sidelines after the 2 other statues and I use Ausrine (which is of course situational) rarely. But after reading your post and finding that Owls are now nerfedā€¦ I want a reset so much to put all other points into Laima so I can put more than 1 down at a time for the added slow and aura field?

P.S. Why does Breaking Wheel disappear even if it isnā€™t 10 seconds yet? Iā€™m pretty sure there werenā€™t any mobs that could displace itā€¦soā€¦

Also, what are your thoughts about this too, Cleric 2 - Priest 3 - Diev1 - Kriv 1 - Tao 1?

Priest3/Diev3 wouldnā€™t be my preferred option tbh.
Druid2-3 adds more invuln when you know how to use it, and I quite dislike the aoe slow on laima to boot.

But itā€™s a support focussed option I guess.
Iā€™m not sure the slow AoEā€™s stack, but if you want to keep several up you might want to consider a miko instead. Clap does work wonders on world tree, laima and owls.

Breaking Wheel has a health pool of 4 + 2 per skill level or something close to it.
When mobs hit it or when you use to transfer a hit to all nearby mobs it loses 1 health. The 15 fixed health is coming with one of the next patches.

Donā€™t like the other build tbh.
It lacks dmg, krivis is only beneficial in pvp imo and even then itā€™s niche. Diev1ā€™s laima can slow grinds down with ease to boot leaving you with a really poor skill set.

1 Like

Thank you for the insight and its a good thing Iā€™ve only made it to rank 4 atmā€¦
And youā€™re rightā€¦ actually the only reason I added Krivis there was for Dainoā€¦ thats itā€¦and if you think about it thats such a waste of a circleā€¦ and Diev for the cd of Laima not necessarily the slowā€¦the thereā€™s Tao for Storm and the fadeā€¦ and I honestly never thought of doing damage with the buildā€¦ ;m;

Hi @Wurmheart and @Remiri, Iā€™m a returning Chaplain player (havenā€™t played in over 9 months) and I have a question regarding Asperion and Aspergillum. Have you or anyone on this forum tested how Aspersion damage scales with its skill level? How much of a difference in damage does Aspersion level 1 deal compared to level 15? Also, is the skillā€™s damage based on matk (and therefore INT) or SPR?

Also, but less importantly, has the damage of sacrament and last rites changed with the new patch? Is there any significant damage increase if one were to level Sacrament? What is the skillā€™s damage based on now?