Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

what i mean is chaps aa hits atleast 4 damage lines and that is 1 damage per line on breaking wheel… chaps can strike wheel at full 10 secs duration without the wheel breaking… if the update means exactly what it says, chaps aa + wheel dps is reduced to about 4 secs duration… add wheel 50sec cd + 1000k silver per use… this will make chap pd2 waaaay more favorable…

This is sort of what I predicted. It was too good to be true which is why during the last 5 minutes I reset to PD2.

Looking for some advice on what to take at rank 8. C2-P3-Kriv-Chap. I’m kinda torn between pd/tao/inq. Pd I was unsure of as I can’t see myself taking pd 2 at r9 provided some good buff class comes out. Tao was what I was leaning towards but with only r1 krivis I don’t know if I’d get much out of the synergy but it’s the class that seems mostly likely to have a more supportive rank 2. Inq was another option but it feels a bit out of place. I’m full SPR with 30 or so in Con.

For what purpose? pve, pvp or gvg or a combo of those?

PD isn’t so great for pve atm, and incinerate isn’t that good without pd2’s black death stream. For pvp however bloodletting and healing factor make it an excellent choice.

Inquisitor is the basic more dmg option and is really good at it. The flame attribute will spawn flames that count as auto attacks and Malleus Maleficarum will add x dmg to every hit. (where x is the enemies magic attack.)
And it even has breaking wheel to help melee allies deal aoe dmg and god smash which now will deal plenty of dmg even on a spr build.

Taoist… has dark sight and Storm Calling. Which is alright but far too niche. Unless you plan to do a lot of ET on this char I wouldn’t recommend it yet.

You could also just leave it undecided till r9 comes out, there’s no guarantee we’ll even get resets again.

I wish we have a previeuw of what roles the remaining classes/ranks were meant to give. Then we could at least prepare a bit.

But knowing IMC r10 will be at least 2 years away, if not more.

Welp that sucks. I was looking forward to inquis2 and leveling up wheel for more hits for support. 15 hits is way too little. Guess skill is a 1 pointer now.

I still have hopes for Conversion! I even invested 10 points there in my newly created paladin! :smiley:

I came here to laugh at you

My Harugals will hunt you down… when they don’t freeze, stop, teleport away or do the usual things they do instead of attacking! :joy:

1 Like

Harugals don’t exist in PvP, genius :^)

In any case, who cares? The real winner in the end is HKK and his magical Sportscar

1 Like

My Harugals will hunt his Sportscar as well! They are so bugged that I’m sure they won’t recognize him as their creator!

I really don’t, I got my zoo build for ages and not one change improved it so far.
I even lost 10 class ranks for nothing by using the free reset potion, since I wanted to switch to a krivtao build…

Not to mention that dungeons now only have elite mobs in them now, which prevents change and conversion from working… (turn undead may have a lower 1hit ko rate as well.)

At least I’ll be able to test whether conversion ever gets fixed or buffed in some sort of fashion.
Or test change for transform purposes. Even though most mobs can now be found normally. (only the medium panto’s cant iirc.)

Ouch, that dungeon thing hurts :frowning:
Well, I’ll keep those points by now, since I want to believe and, more important, don’t want to get a reset potion!

If and when I’ll find this unbearable, I’ll invest some TP to get the points back to standard skills :slight_smile:

Poor paladin, he’s such in an average spot (which is still better than other classes)

Edit for suggestion: @Wurmheart, do you think I can go pala with swords instead of maces? Like Abdochar instead on Skull Smasher?

Paladin isn’t weapon-specific itself, but it does work best with inquisitor by far.
And Inquisitor’s God Smash should still get a +50% dmg multiplier from using a hammer.

Ergo you’ll want a hammer, even if it has less phys dmg, as long you grab inquisitor. Which you should.

[Forgot to re-test it with the reset/combat patch though, so it might have changed.]

1 Like

Why SkullSmasher for Paladin tho? .-.

@Wurmheart good point there, since I’m going Inq. I’m not rly into maces, but I think I’ll have to with them this time. Maybe I’ll test it before, just to be sure.

@ChainOfMemories I was just naming the best endgame, beside solmiki :slight_smile: Do you have some other suggestion?

As it stands, extra line damage does not eat up hit count on the breaking wheel. This change, unless they change the fundementals of breaking wheel hit count, will not hurt chap inq.

SkullSmasher is more for full SPR Priest because of the SPR it provides, I guess for a Paladin Vienarazis would be better (though that’s more of a universal mace really), however I’m not sure if there’s any better weapon for Paladin, not that experienced with it.

I think you are wrong on that one but I won’t be able to try it nowdays because I should do the 290 dungeon X)…

Sadness is realizing that paladins don’t have a 2 practo weapon which is worth it…
I must check if God Smash still benefits from maces as soon as I hit Inq…

I think you’re right.
But I do seem get a lower rate of 1hit kills with Turn Undead in dungeons since the combat patch, I might just be getting unlucky though.

@ChainOfMemories & @dragonfeian:

I thought so previously as well, but it’s not quite the case.

• Orange gear gets a larger enhance bonus then purple gear does currently.
  • Skull Smasher’s higher base atk also means it gains more from transcendence.

So eventually Skull Smasher will do quite a bit more dmg, but Viena is really not that bad due to it’s excellent stats.
You can use tos neet to let it calculate said values.

Sadly Prevordimas seems almost entirely worthless for clerics, with only the dagger standing out as a decent choice for physical cleric builds.
So much for other options…