Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

I know. just like people’s ideals. Sometime people miss an ideal and others see it

Less this and more every meta class in pvp is centric around 1 shotting you, so you never get an opportunity to auto attack.

With my pvp chap, if i want to stay in someones face and auto attack them to death, it is easy to do. In most cases it is more wise for me to fall back and support though :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Wurmheart , thanks for the post, you really put a lot of effort to explain me and I’m thankful for that

I think I understood your point. I think it was very nice that you put some comments around each build.

The thing that I didn’t mention earlier is that some of the changes like the one you mentioned about the card also made me think which path I would take resting. Also, about these waves of change, it going to happen to archers and swordsmen, which can change the way the parties will work

Also, one thing I saw in another similar discussion ( https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/7q9x13/c3_bokor_c3_kabbalist_melting_5m_hp_boss/ ) , there are many hard to analyse details to figure out the best build, even from videos with some descriptions, like it could have a very hard to get gears (+16 with +10 trans + stats) and optimal cards for that monsters and also over funded attributes . In that similar discussion, they even discuss the total amount of silver expended for attributes between builds.

Maybe it would be better if I reformulate my question or the goal I want. I have fun killing like raid boss or world boss (or other similar) , and killing fast is awesome to me. So that why I seek something more related against bosses. But as I saw many changes in the game and I know is nice to play with parties and other things, I asked in general to see the advantages and disadvantages.

The build mentioned earlier

I still feel it doing pretty good job melting bosses. It is using Dex and Int on the video, do you think it could be any different? Do you think like Zealot build would do better job?

Also, I notice that you didnt explicit mentioned Taoist build. So it might not be so good for DPS / Boss killer even with the C2 and that attribute to use zaibas.

Taoist is basically krivis4/5 or a full support option at the moment, no point mentioning it really.
Damage wise kriv/tao is probably the worst, but viable, cleric build atm, but if Froster Lord cards work like I think they do I suspect it should start to outperform druid2/3 builds.

By a huge margin tbh, but they do have higher gear and item requirements.
(Spr Zealots will want squire buffs to work well, prob even AE scrolls whereas Str Zealots will need to find ways to offset their huge sp drain.)

@Nekorin Wait so wheel only got 15 hits limit for the spread, it is useless to go full dex ? I will hit the wheel 15 times in 3 seconds …
So for chaplain krivis3, it is better to go full int or spr for damage ?

Hi,

I saw a couple recent videos from people even using that today in kTOS, even using the card that gives a chance to freeze the enemies. So, about the 15 limit hit, not sure if it is a big deal. But , if you saw similar builds that I suggested, it isn’t worth full dex as you would go Krivis to have Daino to put your matk into the Breaking Wheel.

@Wurmheart , what do you think about the build that I suggested?

Also, about your suggestion of the best dps , so it would be Zealot. Theoretically would be STR build using monk (maybe with some Dex) and would need the things to keep your SP very high , like many ways described in Druid thread [Class] Druid Class Thread right? Did you have more details of some videos to share please?

i Wanted to make full dex chaplain monk1 dev1 inqui1 for full dex 2h mace wheel refresh -20%cd
but 15hit limit is not much so i want to change to chaplain krivis3 inqui but not sure full spr or int

About chaplain krivis3 inqui build. Someone from kTOS said it still worth the build with full dex ( https://youtu.be/ipDb2DKjVbw ) (instead spr or int). I the video’s comment I read that the 15 hits limit is for wide area and even with that it worth the build .

The other video I mentioned earlier used Dex & Int build and it was after the patch if I recall correctly.

About using the monk with the other build, I don’t know enought if the result would be optimal.

@Wurmheart , I read an old comment you made:

And I saw this video:

Do you think Cleric/Krivis3/Monk3/zealot2 with Dex+Str is better than other Zealot build?

kriv3/monk3/zeal2 is a very ‘all in’ kind of build. Your healing and survivability are terrible, so you would have to justify that with the damage increase you get from monk3.

It is more of a DEX/STR kind of build than SPR as well.

1 Like

Yeah, but monk3 with DEX and zealot seems to have great synergy , seems to worth the more risk of playing. Also, you could have a full support in the party to help everyone

@Wurmheart , or someone else who wants to comment,
Im playing C2>Bok3>Miko>PD3 right now, but i’m not really liking it (infact i kind of hate it :open_mouth: )
mainly because of the zombies, PD3 is fine.

Tested Zealot some time ago and really liked it.
Now i’ve been reading around and thinking about resetting to “[Str/Dex] Cleric2 | Krivis3 | Monk | Kabbalist | Zealot2 as the default str zealot2 build that can also restore its own sp.” looks very interesting, would that build be recommended for someone with around 150million silver and several 100’s of Blessed Shards?

Never played a phys class, only heard they are expensive… Also how much Dex/Str would be recommended? (propably gets asked alot, but can’t seem to find any helping pointers and don’t have enough potions to test it for myself… my ping is 28-77ms if that helps).

I run with this build and I think it is a good balance of DPS and Support. Ein Sof helps a ton with SP management, and Monk1 is great for palm strike and hand knife debuffs, not to mention 2h maces.

I roll with mostly STR and a bit of DEX for Daino auto-attacks. I don’t use double punch.

1 Like

Keep in mind every auto attack counts as 1 hit, so the 15 hit limit isn’t so bad.

And attack speed with dex investments is one of those annoying topics I likely won’t be able to properly address without data mining tbh.
It’s worth depends on your latency, the base atk speed of your atk (skill) and the actual scaling formula (which does have diminishing returns ofc.)

I still have some tests planned, but was hoping I could gather more +dex gear first. (only at 150 or so atm so I’d still need to use ) And that would be solely for auto atk / auto atk with daino anyway.

Int for chap/kriv is bettter than spr imo, pardoner buffs are quite good already so I don’t see much of a point in that.

@Kannushi:

Don’t put to much stock in ktos advice, they have far lower latencies and their build advice is often lacking for several reasons.

Your second question was already answered in that quote (check last line) and by remiri anyway.
Though I’d go one step further and state that I fully expect the cleric2 + monk 1 with kabba1 to have better dmg than the monk variant due to having divine might and being able to spam blind faith more often. (The +50% crit dmg on bf is esp nice even on a str/dex focus)

@wowmeleex:

Yeah, bokor is a hate it or love it type class, not much I can do about that though :smiley:

I think that zealot build is literally one of the best zealot options atm, especially for an all-around cleric build.

How budget friendly it depends on your stats tbh, full str is easiest but an str/dex hybrid is quite doable. Spr/Dex are highest gear requirement though and likely want a trans8+ for dex though spr can work with a bit less.

Same as above the ideal amount of dex is a bit difficult to pinpoint, as atk speed is just to annoying to predict atm.
I’d go with trying to find an ideal atk speed with dex first, ideally with some hg gear or resets if possible. Then fill the rest in with str. Probably something around 100 dex invested, rest str? you can get quite a bit from gear now anyway.

1 Like

Thank you very much @Wurmheart , I am just start playing so I don’t know many things .

About the Cleric2 | Krivis3 | Monk | Kabbalist | Zealot2 build ( https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4113339fjj ) , could you guys could recommend the skill points distribution?

Also about the same build, I saw you guys saying to invest in str, but with Daino, wouldn’t it be a bad idea as it would use matk? Also, @Wurmheart meantioned str/dex hybrid is doable, does that also means it would be better than full str?

Post #2 has the build examples with skill points, later posts also explain why skills are worth investing or not worth it.

Daino only affects your basic auto attack, so no it’s worth using on that build.
Str/Dex depends on your preferences and how much you’re willing to invest (high dex = needs high trans), but their dmg should be incredibly similar in the end.

I think I will got with full DEX AA build like this one https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222c333g.152535.1f2143516a9aa5.152545.1f3f5a65.6585 . Thank everyone to support and help

I suggest that if you’re going for that build to take Inquisitor at rank 8 to have AoE sooner.
It’d make things easier.

Currently C2-Diev3-Miko (Full SPR) and unsure of what to follow it up with
I want a support build but I find myself soloing more often than not so something that could support but also be decent at soloing
What would be good options to go?
A few builds I like the idea of are Kab or priest - Tao2 or Zealot2 and Kab - Priest - Tao as well as Plague Doctor3

what’s about this full SPR build?
cle3 diev1 pala1 miko1 kab1 zeal2
I like to be jack of all trades in this game
(no ET)