Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

I have a Chaplain Inqui Exo. But from my experience I dont think I’ll get much from it for my build. I’ll stick with Krivis for now and see how everything goes.

Essentially all +x% dmg sources (debuffs and buffs) stack additively.
Zalciai and Sterea Trofh are oddballs that are additive to the 150% base crit dmg multiplier, they spoiled that in a recent blogpost iirc.
The +50% crit dmg debuff from zealot is a crit dmg multiplier, and only stacks additively with other crit dmg multipliers. But this is not the same group as Zalciai/Sterea Trofh!. So basically it’s almost a 1.5 multiplier for us.

Need to read up a bit more with the latest changes, I haven’t been active for a while.
Not even sure I’ll keep trying to keep it all to up to date, frankly it’s a nightmare given how often this ■■■■ changes.

1 Like

Indo ban lifteed whoop XD

so I am a total newbie in re build

but I plan to go Krivis, priest, Oracle, did plague doctor and diev years ago… not my thing

Is this a good enough party support? It may not be optimal but what are the advantages and disadvantages of said build? any and all help would be VERY much appreciated seasoned clerics OTL

Thus, multiple +% dmg sources are giving diminishing returns, hmm. Thanks for clarification.

Oh, well, then I still soooo need Oracle for my Zealot. Even if not for the Prophecy attribute. One full cast destroys my SP bar.

Thanks for your hard work. Must be a hell to update a guide that big.

Pssst, Melstis is a self-buff now. Divine Stigma has a 30 sec CD and 5 targets limit. You may want to drop it in favor of more party healing/utility (Druid, Kabbalist, Paladin).

Those are fine.

Krivis as a means to do some damage zzzzzaibas zzap , divine stigma to boost party dps and Melstis does it affect self arcane energy? also aukuras not worth it at all?

My take on r11 so far:

Pardoner:
Discern Evil:
It’s bugged and doesn’t extend debuffs atm, so that’s quite bad.
The dmg increase is nice, but it’s dmg potential is still really bad.
And in general it’s still in a weird spot where no build can really benefit a lot from it: Exo can spam it via Aqua Benedicta but it won’t hit flying, deals little dmg and that combo lacks debuffs.
Any debuff class + DE is nice in theory, but lacks the AoE to get good use out of it.
And Miko/Kabba have far to long cd’s on hamaya and nahash as well.

Indulgentia:
It’s decent.
Not on par with the current Mass heal or Tree of Sephiroth ofc, but after the upcoming nerfs to those this will actually be one of the better group heals.

Dekatos:
Mostly irrelevant still, it has a far too small AoE, low dmg and costs silver to boot.

Spell Shop:
Didn’t test the enhance attributes yet, didn’t reach class r31 on this char yet. But should be nice for better buffs, even though their values will still be quite low compared to what they were.

Overall:
Slightly improved, but with the current DE bug it’s not a tempting pick. Needs a few more buffs before it becomes a decent priest/kabba alternative.

Miko:

Gohei:
Mostly a nerf imo, with a few tidbits in return.
Not being able to remove your own debuffs, especially great curse for example, is quite the downside.
It’s loss of overheat and a 12s cd also don’t help much. But the extra hit / heal seem ok.

Omikuji:
This got a lot better, but it still has a few issues.
The 20% chance of nothing is quite annoying, and you can only have one blessing active per time meaning you can override middle/great blessings with small which is not something you want to do.

Hamaya:
The dmg is slightly better, but the 35s cd still hurts it a ton.
On the flip side, the hamaya x entity combo still uses the old tick rate and the current skill factor, so that’s actually very potent atm.

Clap:
We didn’t get the clap changes yet…

Kagura:
Massively improved over its old version imo, now at lvl 5 it’s a 10s channel on a 20s cd. That’s quite manageable. On top of that the new attribute adds more dmg and crits to boot.
However, the new attribute follows the same requirements as normal kagura. Aka you need the debuff and buff active for it to work so it won’t affect minions or flying enemies.

Overall:
It’s now the best in slot for a Diev focus build, but that’s mostly due to the buffs to Carve Owl and Ausrine.
It’s decent and worth using alongside Exo now at least, but still pales in comparison to the exo+oracle combo.
And it can see some more use as support now due to the buffs it provides, which is also nice.
Pretty good, but it could use a bit more dmg.

Monk:
Actually has a nice sfr on double punch again, which does make it worth using but it’s essentially still a one trick auto atk spam pony.
I’ve heard even the latest ktos updates don’t do it enough favor to change that, but it’s something at least.

Dievdirby:
I guess we already got the ausrine buff while I was gone?

Anyhow, Carve Owl got a massive dmg increase and is instantly worth using as a generic dmg circle or on diev focus build.
Miko is now it’s go to option for being able to extend Ausrine’s -50% atk cycle buff, but such a build will need a way to heal it reliably.
Atm only priest fills that niche, which is an issue because it’s getting nerfed soon. At that point priest and kabba should be equally good healing options for Diev, but I’m not sure if 10s healing and 30s downtime will be sufficient. (esp with a 25hp ausrine statue…)
Diev + Oracle is also still good ofc, but performs best with another dmg class.

Druid:
Simply a tiny bit more dps on Seed Bomb, Thorns and Chortasmata.
Nothing remotely build changing tbh, but we did finally get that chorta’s no plant attribute so that’s also good.

Exorcist:

Aqua Benedicta:
Actually has pretty good dmg now, and on a mere 10s cd. It’s already nerfed a bit on ktos, but is arguably still a very good secondary or tertiary investment. (After Rubric and maybe Konoinia ofc)

Entity:
Quite good for agro-ing mobs and for its Hamaya synergy, so it’s almost always worth 1 point. But it’s dmg scaling is still worthless.

Gregorate:
Ok ish if you have several allies/minions at all times, but that’s about it.

Koinonia:
Now it’s even stronger, but still incredibly niche due to its mechanics. Still very much worth if for the odd chance your team knows how to use it.

Katadikazo:
It got better, but it is still one of the worst exo dmg skills. Doesn’t cost many skill points though, so good for leftovers.

Overall:
We’re still missing a few exo buffs, but it’s a nice set of improvements so far.
Only Aqua Benedicta somewhat changes the skill spread, assuming you prefer it over Koinonia or Engkriata at least.

Plague Doctor:
Incineration is now more of a late bloomer as it now has a base 0.5s hit cycle and a -0.2s attribute. (instead of 0.4/0.1)
And it got slightly more dmg.
That’s all.

Krivis:

Zalciai:
It’s not magical crit rate, but magical crit dmg. Still a ok upgrade over its prior version but not one of the strongest buffs atm.

Daino:
I’d need to get a skill reset to properly test this, and I don’t think I will do that for just 15% min crit chance…

Zaibas:
More dmg is always good, still missing the +50% ice bonus from frosterlord though…
If IMC returns that it’ll be quite good again, now

Aukurass:
And it reverted to the 30s duration 60s cd we all despised, jay…
Guess who’s not even getting skills points for a test? yep this one.

Overall:
A nice minor upgrade for krivis, but still a bit lacking.

Sadhu:
Don’t really see a point in tackling anything other than OoB/Prana for now, as we didn’t get the more important buffs for the other skills yet. But in theory, when we do sadhu should be an A tier magic dmg option equal to exo.

Out of Body:
Finally worthwhile for a change, and quite darn good to boot.
Still gains a dmg increase from prana as well, and has a sweet innate dmg reduction.
You’ll want to max OoB now ofc.

Prana:
Technically still not as good as it used to be, but it lost its downside in favor of more magic crit rate which is always nice.

Overall:
Just a few updates away of being very good magic rank, though while building around OoB could be worth it there’s still no real good way to do so.

Cleric:
Saving the worst for last.

Cure:
No longer deals dmg and is now a party member targeting skills that removes 1 r3 debuff and maybe 1 more.
It’s far to clunkly for quick condi removal imo, I really dislike it.

Heal:
Here lies heal, a once great skill butchered for unknown reasons…
Really can’t stress this enough, I think IMC massively ■■■■■■ up on this “redesign”.
For a targeted heal, it’s too clunky and slow, and now you need to spam it more often to boot? (did they forget heal:linger exists?)
This is just going to mildly benefit full healer builds and disadvantage just about every other cleric.

There’s still a lot of uncertainty about the other upcoming changes though.

• Mass Heal, Tree of Sephiroth and Indulgentia will all be quite close in terms of healing. So priest/kabba will likely become interchangeable.
  • The new attribute on Healing Factor is, in theory, an excellent additional heal, but with its 10s duration, 2.5s tick cycle and 45s cd it sounds far more unreliable.
  • Party wide ein sof is also pretty interesting.
  • Oracle is arguably still bis due to the invuln and dmg boost.

So healing builds will likely be variations of Oracle + ( Kabba / Priest / Plague Doctor ) mixtures.
I doubt Pardoner will see much use, it just doesn’t offer enough aside from healing.

In terms of clap changes, I really don’t know yet.
A clapped capella is in theory quite good, but it is far to immobile also.

We’ll see.
And I still need to test the new transformation options.

1 Like

Commenting on Heal, I find the new version to be OK it just means you are spending more of your time healing which makes it a tad more proactive instead of reactive. Before I would treat Heal as an emergency action, now it is more generally weaved into my party play and I Heal more often and earlier to keep HP topped off.

As long as you wait 3 seconds after your heal you wont stack overdrives, so that is a non-issue. Effectively this just means Heal has a hidden 3 second cooldown and it is less effective for battle clerics, which i think was the intention behind the change.

If you are the only healer without Priest / Kabba, 3 seconds seem to be a bit too long against boss. Now requiring to press 2 keys for a heal, you are more focusing on being a heal bot, and no time to move around to avoid damage.

The reduced range is also an issue, where I am closer to the boss and getting attacked. I think the heal should heal both of your target and yourself, just like the new Ragnarok Mobile.

Miko is also missing a reliable heal as something in green. And they can introduce Shields to slow down the heal frequency if this is their plan.

Regardless, the current state of healer/buffer seems to spend too much time on micro-management. Buffs are short (require recast), heals are frequently cast (single target focus), defensive buffs are short. Simply not enjoying the game that requires you to move around and avoid attacks.

with this rebalance i’m gonna try cleric again(and because i love shadu)

shadu is still kinda wierd because idk what to other class should i give him so i put the basic dps as in shadu-druid-exo ( https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4165k.156575.1f21443a5a65.6f31a25a41ba8591.1f354a6a75 )

a monk-chalp with plague because i already have a zealot
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#419ce.158565.2f3c416a517185.194f2a6a71.1f2f41aa617152

and the usual phy dps cleric
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41j8g.158565.213f4f5a6173.2e918adab5c5.7f618e9aa5

the thing with healers now i did not like them that much i might reset one of those build to a healer but idk.

Sadhu is actually looking very good in ktos atm, it had got some pretty drastic buffs to Possession, ABE and Vashiti alike.
But for us Sadhu is still at the questionable tier for now, though OoB is quite good at least.

For the first build I’d recommend: https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#4165k.156575.1f214d315a65.6f31a25a41ba8591.1f213f41516a72
Since Aqua Benedicta is quite good dmg, and ABE beats vashiti. Entity is good for agro at 1 point as well.

Monk/Chap I won’t really comment on till I get some more knowledge about the upcoming buffs to monk those should change quite a bit but I need more information on it. So I can’t really help much there yet.

On the last one, I’d try to max Guardian Saint by lowering fade to 1 and smite to 4, maybe even grab 1 cure just in case.
And I’d avoid Malleus because it doesn’t work on bosses at all, and other mobs really don’t pose much of a treat to you. Maybe 1 for the silence I suppose.

I want to say thank you Wurmheart for your continue effort to provide us with as much cleric knowledge as possible. I am also sorry if anyone of my ideas have been stated before. I didn’t have to time to read all the comments.

I also been looking into some sadhu builds with the new changes. I was thinking something like a sadhu-exo-miko build could work. I haven’t gotten the chance to try it myself since I haven’t been home in some time now but i wanted to get your feed back here so I could tweak the builds.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#416ik.15246175.1f214d315a65.153f2a6a55.1f213f41516a72
It seems we all have the same idea on how to distribute the points in sadhu and exo. Now for miko I was thinking you could really push for a magic crit build here with omikuji and kagura. I know kagura is a channel ability but you could really drop some damage if you omikuji -> prana -> sweep -> hamaya+entity combo -> Aqua benedicta -> out of body -> channel kagura -> start beating down some fools. Honestly you really dont need the exo in the build and could replace it with whatever as most of the crit is coming from miko and sadhu.

Now if you want to go real hard in the paint you could do a sadhu - krivis - miko (https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4163i.15246175.1f214d315a65.1f2f4f.11344f2a6a55). Here we can really push the limits of magic crit. you got clap to extend aukuras to about a min and a half. Sweep will be nice to upgrade zaibas and zalciai allowing for even higher magic crits and damage. The idea is the same as the exo version of the build. omnikuji -> aukuras -> clap -> prana -> sweep -> zalciai -> zaibas -> out of body -> channel kagura -> beat down mode. You could put hamaya into it as well.

I also think throwing sadhu into the miko, diev builds could work to give you a bit more mobile damage while still having that statue support. https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4167i.15246175.1f214d315a65.112e5f3a75.11344f2a6a55.

However…none of these builds really work unless you can channel kagura while attacking in out of body.

The guide has been updated again, so should be useable again.

More specifically to answer ankles:

I’m pretty excited about the ktos changes to Sadhu tbh, it’ll be a very strong competitive DPS option in a short bit.

Miko itself still feels pretty darn low on dmg, but Exo and sadhu should more than make up for it.

And as far as I can see we can’t move or attack while channeling, even via Out of Body. Or is that due to my keyboard settings?

Even Aqua Benedicta + Kagura alone is already quite good tbh.

__

Aukuras is not worth taking IMO, or not more than 5 at least. Enemy resistances will cut that value in half still.

And Divine Stigma’s +50% dmg and own dmg is far better.
Zalciai is also more important with it’s +30% crit magic dmg (it’s not crit rate, it’s crit atk.)
And I’d use Melstis to extend Prana ideally.

Otherwise the build looks promising, I’d just wish krivis get its +50% lightning dmg vs frozen enemies back already. Atm it’s dmg is just a bit low still.

And I don’t recommend combining diev+miko with anything other than priest or soon kabba.
The ability to heal statues is far to important in my opinion.

1 Like

Currently Druid/PD/Miko at around level 300.
The biggest problem for me is against flying monsters.

Meanwhile, I wonder Druid/Chaplin/Miko would work with AA on Semi-human/wolf, but that lost a lot of healing power.

Druid/Chap/Miko does work, but imo not that well. And pd is far better than chap as well IMO.

I don’t really know what to do with chaplain recommendations atm… There’s so much going against it IMO:

• Monk is ideal to improve your AA dmg, but you only really benefit from Double Punch and Energy Blast from the monk skillset.
    Ergo you’d want more AoE skills and ideally a dmg boost for your 3rd rank, but one of the better options (Druid) flat-out disables Double Punch. So you have what, Inquis and Zealot left?

• Druid is actually quite good, it has less AA dmg but chorta+thorn make up for that with ease.
    Still, it does disable monk’s double punch outright so you lose out on that potentially good synergy build.
    And any 3rd rank I pick just shifts it towards a skill focus build with little need for auto attacking.

• Sadhu’s OoB x Chaplain synergy seems outright detrimental since it doesn’t seem to scale off atk speed and ignores Binatio + Build Capella.

• Miko’s Omikuji is rather decent, but the rest of the kit is basically worthless for it.
    Will soon have clap for build capella synergy though, but it’s still rather lacking.

There are a lot of generic dmg classes that also fit ofc, but most tend to cut into AA time…
It just feels very underwhelming atm.

AA in general is bad for all class (excluding SR). If anyone wanna go AA cleric build then go all out with monk-chap-x. No point using monk and chaplain separately cause you’ll end up not AA at all.

Chaplain ain’t good but ain’t bad either. We typically have 2-3 chaplain in boruta for exo and bm. 100% uptime anti knockback in velco is good post rebuild. Visible talent 999k vs cm stage 6-7 boss.

Chaplain only came back in question if it’s a good AA class after monk buff but I don’t think anyone really committed to build it as AA before. Let’s just hope chaplain rework make sense.

1 Like

Thank you Wurmheart for your feedback. It has actually made me think more about miko and where it might fit in builds. Before you continue to read. If this is the wrong place for my type of topics i wouldn’t mind making a specific post about it but i choose this location because I think that some extra theory crafting could be a benefit to your extensive amount of knowledge in the above guides.

Before i was trying hard to make a magic crit build to take advantage of sadhu but the route i was taking seemed to narrow. So my new idea would be to take advantage of sweeping. I am not a fan of the miko class being mostly used to just buff statues and , in the future, cappella.

After searching and reading around I found this source of what is considered a magic circle and structure (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d2zXwRkPCa-9iFlwEmw7aG9lmic2kaSDUXNWB3a0joI/edit#gid=0).
Both are things that the miko class could take advantage of.

As i stated above I want to do more with miko than clap. so I came up with a 2 builds that take advantage of sweeping and magic circles.

Exo-miko-druid.
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41ki5.156575.1f213f41516a72.113f442a6a55.246f5aba8591
The aqua benedicta, katadizako, hamaya, and Chortasmata are the main focus in this build. Henge stone can also increase the level of magic circles. Also magic circles you can easily take advantage of kagura. You also can heal the team with chortasmata which would allow you to focus more on your damage if needed/wanted. AS a side note human-wolf is the icing on the cake.

exo-miko-kabbalist
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41kif.156575.1f213f41516a72.113f442a6a55.3f4351612aaab5
This is a way better support version. Nachash and tree of sepiroth are your big boys here. over all you lose out of some damage and even maybe healing. As the up time of chortasmata compared to tree of sepiroth is something to really look at. You have a heal circle that is based on HP% vs your healing factor but only having it down for 6s compared 30s requires some attention. Ein sof and gevura are big. That is a lot of extra help and gevura doubles all damage for a set amount of hits. gevura might get used up super fast unless you make sure your team takes advantage of it.

Again there is one finale thing that i wasn’t able to figure out. How many levels does sweeping give magic circles? Henge stone gives one level to structures and magic circles but there is not “number” in sweeping’s description.

EDIT: I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THE GOOGLE DOC PAGE!

Keep in mind that Sweeping boosts the skill level of circles and objects merely by touching them once.

Katadikazo and hamaya aren’t that good either IMO, kata just has to low dmg vs anything that isn’t a demon and Hamaya is hindered by its 35s cd.

But all the same Exo/Miko works quite well, especially Hamaya x Entity and Aqua Benedicta x Kagura.
I haven’t tested Druid with Miko yet, but it should be quite good as well.
Altough it will struggle vs flying enemies, but you can just rubric or hamtity (hamaya x entity’s shorthand, don’t look at me I didn’t coin it) them.

Might want 1 in cure to remove Great curse from yourself at least, or vs other debuffs.

Exo - Miko - Kabba I did try, and it’s a bit more borderline.
It can work relatively well as a DPS build, but it is a bit of an underperformer.
Nor is really ideal for support, healer, or even secondary healer option. And it can’t benefit fully from R7 or Gevurah either.
(Chorta and Tree of Sepiroth will be close in terms of raw healing after the aoe heal changes patch. But atm Chorta is far more effective.)

And always grab 1 R7 on kabba/Miko, all your r7 procs while under a blessing will debuff the enemy hit with a 10s -50% crit res debuff.

Druid/PD/Miko should also be quite strong, you can just kagura while your dots tick.
But between the two listed, I’d go for the druid one tbh.

Only one.

There’s also the official ktos classifcation list, see: http://tos.nexon.com/news/tosnotice/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=1455 but it seems that doc was made partially from it.

I saw ppl talking about chaplain builds so I thought I share my chaplain build:

This is a Priest-Chaplain-Oracle

-It’s a bit more support but I think it still has nice damage.
-Solo it is better against bosses than mobs because it lacks aoe…so aar is quite needed. The abyss bracelets are rly helpful for that.
-Also I don’t have asio mace yet because I want to ichor it…I hope it will help a bit more when I finally get it.
-In party mainly my heals and buffs and death sentence what makes me useful but I still do a bit of damage too and I hope the upcoming heal nerfs won’t cripple me too much.
-Also keep in mind that my gear is mediocre and I focused on SPR more while most likely INT would give me more damage

Also one more thing because I got in trouble yesterday so it is far from common knowledge:
-Twist of Fate with maxed attribute makes more damage than heal.

Also a question… It is a bit embarassing but I only recently realised it… Is it intended that prophecy only protects me from 1 status ailment then it is gone? So basically it is almost not good for anything else than damage? X) Because in most cases you keep getting the status effects so it is rly not helpful in that part lol. I don’t even get it why it is not 100% uptime then? The damage attribute could be easily halved for that…
The description could be more accurate if it was intended to be like this.

So, I was thinking the following build: Zealot>Chaplain>Inquisitor
https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y2lpv5g5
I always liked Chaplain for questing and exploration, but I want to do some decent damage to at least be able to be useful in CM.

I don’t know if I should pick and max Deploy Capella. Are Zealot’s and Inquisitor’s offensive skills considered to be of holy property?
Is Last Rites still worth it?

No, the only holy property attack in that build would be from Chaplain and Blind Faith (which is weak for damage). There is basically no synergy between Chaplain and Zealot/Inq, so I don’t think that would be the best build if you’re looking for something to highlight Chaplain.

I would replace Zealot for Exorcist, which has all holy damage skills.

Max Capella and get its Attribute as high as possible. Exorcist’s Rubric, Koinonia, and Aqua Benedicta are strong holy damage skills (Koinonia is hard to use in most situations though). Inquisitor’s Judgement can turn monsters into Demon, boosting Exorcist’s skill damage.

Breaking wheel with chaplain is not bad in certain situations too. You can easily do 999999 damage hit with Visible Talent if you do the combo right.

1 Like