Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemists community

I think that just set a minimum example price is good enough, as soon as the new alchemists see the same price in most shops they will know the value of their services, most of players don’t know about this 50% tax in every shop skill.
Creating a cartel to inflate the prices or any kind of retaliation to the ones who doesn’t agree is beyond wrong and is shameful for the alchemists community, @Zilox has a good point.

You don’t if ~everyone~ set the same price as you, which will happen because ~everyone~ want to have a decent amount of visitors.

Basically you are the type of people making alchemist guilds an utopia.
Because even if we tell you that we can all sell at the same price and then make more, you’d rather undercut everyone until the price is so low that there isn’t anybody to undercut you anymore. Welcome back to square one, everyone ~freely~ set the same low price. Pro trader indeed. Enjoy playing the advertiser :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I’m getting tired of arguing with people that don’t understand how economy works…

1 Like

You don’t understand how monopoly works. Monopoly is able to get rid of competitots in some way or another.

It’s impossible to get rid of competitors here.

The one who sets lower price will ALWAYS get more money, that’s why your cartel won’t work. Even if 1% of players will set lower price everyone will buy from them and your cartel will get nearly 0 profit.

You can’t convince someone to get less money, you have no tools for that. Effortless job will always be sold at minimal price. I don’t think that setting prices to higher than 10k would ever succeed.

I’m not sure how pardoners work and what’s the price for applying buffs, but this is definitely more profitable class right now. Alchemist is mainly about selling potions and guild activities.

1 Like

Hey i wouldn’t go 6.1k unless i get nothing with anything more. I would choose 8k personally. And shout chat with the right message works in every mmo lol.

I dont need a massive profit just a bit. At the very least the 30k the op wants is a joke. Being afk and earning a bit is good enough for me.

If you want that 3 mil silver raid for it or do like i do in mmos and trade. There are good deals everywhere on the market. You just need to know which will be in demand and get good deals.

Well, alchemists do a lot more than roast gems, I understando what you want to do and I even like it but I don’t think it’ll work, what you are talking about is too much of a profit.

i’m going alchemist for my alt and it’s mainly to have my own potion-crafter and play with Magnum Opus, I don’t keep telling myself I’ll make loads of money while AFK.

That’s what I’m saying. You’re setting for “min revenue price (materials price +101%)” + 33% (your profit, which is function of the base material price).
Aka you’d rather have the game setting this minimum price for you than letting your fellow alchemists set it higher by making a community agreement (in which you could have a part).

If you once become an Alchemist, you are free to do it :slight_smile:
There always kiddos/ragers/haters/trolls/attention_addicted. But I expected them yesterday :slight_smile:

Eh im just not into screwing the customer,

I like charging for low prices that would sell well and that people would like while trying to build a name/reputation for myself to get long time customers.

Atm im in the process of leveling a alchemist, pardoneer and a squire so i can capitalize on the entire range of shops and crafting :smiley:

I am sorry, but you are the one that doesnt understand how economy works. I am getting my degree on economics this year and reading this thread is killing me. If you dont understand why someone would rather sell for 8k and still make a ■■■■ ton of profit, then thats you.

I think at 8k per roasting, u could make 1500-2000 roastings a night, giving u … 12m-6m=6m-4.5m(3k per roast)= 1.5m. So you are making 1.5/night by being afk.

It was the same on ragnarok online, id sell potion mats/bomb mats/gear for 60% of the market price just to sell more

1 Like

Maybe I have to make it more easy for you, more academic.
You have three merchants, X, Y and Z. Each one of theses merchants buy goods for 6k. They have an infinite stock.
Goal is to max revenue/hour. The majority of their audience have medium income.
Three cases :

1. X sell 3.4k g(oods) for 6.5k ea, Y sell 3k g for 8k ea, Z sell 500 g for 16k ea.
    Everyone wanting to roast will roast.
  2. X sell 2.5k g for 10k ea, Y sell 2.2k g for 12k ea, Z sell 1k g for 16k ea.
    Some people will not roast because prices increased.
  3. X sell 500 g for 30k ea, Y sell 500 g for 34k ea, Z sell 500 g for 38k ea.
    Only high lvl gems will be roasted.

Took the numbers from my hat, if you have a better simulation in yours, you’re welcome to share it with us :slight_smile:
For X : 2) > 1) > 3)
For Y : 2) > 1) > 3)
For Z : 3) > 2) > 1)
Best case for everyone is somewhere between 1) and 3). (More likely between 2) and 3), I think…)

1. will happen if there is no alchemist guild.
    Now, could you explain why you think that anyone (other than customers) would benefit from 1) ?
    You should explain that to the guys making laws forbidding collusion too :wink:

@zerosflux and @blackout_kx You are forgetting a small detail. By the same logic you are using, people WILL undercut your 8k. And they will continue to do it till the profit margin is barely there. The exact thing that happened in ktos.

tbh, guys like you SHOULD help the “union” get formed, get the price normalized and THEN you undercut everyone for a quick profit overnight. A tad scummy, but screwing over everyone else is what internet people do best.

1 Like

That is fine. I said im happy with 6.1k.

Reputation will eventually let me charge 8k or even 10k.

In my opinion its way to optimistic to try for 30k when you can literally be asleep and earn silver with your mini shop.

And there will always be hundreds of people going for less so thinking you can survive with anything but low or close to low prices is just not realistic.

Yes, because forming a cartel to inflate prices is smart. If something isnt selling for 30k its because it doesnt sell for 30k. If people want to sell for 6k, they’ll make 0 profit so they’ll eventually run out of supply If they start going below 6k, then they are losing silver and soon they’ll go bankrupt. I can survive with anything between 6.1k-15k.

By the way, I never undercut ^^. I’ll always have a price set on my mind after seeing the market average. BUT guess what? if the prices dont differ and the average is 30k, something I FEEL PERSONALLY is too expensive for a service I can do while afk/sleeping, then yes, I’d feel inclined to drop the price.

In reality, prices would probably go from 6.1k-15k I’d set mine somewhere in between.

I never said going 30k is the end of all solution, I for one think the price is steep. The important part is having a normalized price to undercut, be it 30k, 10k or whatever it is.

What I mean forming this unified price will help everyone. Even people planning to undercut it anyway. And if you feel the unified price is too high, by helping you do have a voice in and can change it!

Let’s work together lol

Yeh sorry if I come off as aggressive. I just hate cartels or anything that removes choices from consumers.

Though ToS roasts are binary. It’s pay less or pay more for same service.
I would hardly call that a ~choice~ (should it be for the buyer or the seller). Only dumb or hyper-wealthy peoples will pay the double or more for exact same services.

It’s not like irl where you can pay more for more (or less :D) and pay less for less (or more ;)), or even buy an alternative product/service.

“Cartel” is a glorious definition for slaves that working not even for food, just for free :smiley:
Hope u didn’t call afro-americans in Lincoln times as cartel :smiley:

“In economics, a cartel is an agreement between competing firms to control prices or exclude entry of a new competitor in a market. It is a formal organization of sellers or buyers that agree to fix selling prices, purchase prices, or reduce production using a variety of tactics.”

Just skip all this trolls and simple solo logic users guys :smiley:
Even if they someday become alchemits and set prices 6k whatever. No one will get profit then. Leave it to IMC conscience.

And for 1 second I thought we were having a nice discussion going on.