Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemist Build -> Need Opinions!

Hi everyone,

I need some advice on on this Alchemist build I’ve just made: click me!

The reason why I went Wiz > Pyro > Pyro > Ele > Ele > Alche (With the recent job advancement change and current available information on the classes, I plan to go alchemist again for rank 7 & 8, then back to Elementalist as rank 9 to complete circle 3 to get rain) is because my alchemist will purely be a PvE focused character without any plans for PvP.

With the very much appreciated effort by @Tsuyucchi for making a thread with very detailed information of the current available information on Alchemist @ this thread, I picked elementalist because simply of Prominence which will likely be super effective in the Awakening Dungeon. This is based on a short skill video here where positioning yourself on top of the boss, casting prominence(after learning its’ smaller range attribute) will work its’ magic real good!

Moving on, I would like the community to give me their opinions on this fully PvE-oriented alchemist build that I’ve made and make suggestions if you feel that my choice of skills is bad! Also, if you want to know the rationale behind whatever skills I’ve picked, ignored or low-leveled, please ask away too!

Thank you!

I believe that little flame is actually Pyromancer’s Fireball.

As seen here:

It doesn’t disappear on one hit.

Then again, in the awakening video, it’s the wizard’s own attack that finished the boss off.

this map is new?

20characters;;;;

I will copy your build and edit it a little and say my opinion.
your build
editted build

Rank 1, I put only 1pt on Energy Bolt because imo, as a Wiz1>Pyro2>Elem2, you will not be needing the Energy Bolt as much as you think. 1pt so that it can help in early stage of your leveling. And seeing that in the next Beta test, exp will increase so leveling in 2nd rank will be fast enough. Instead, I put them on Earth Quake for having an Earth Element attack and good for CC in early stage.
Rank 2 and 3 are the same as yours. Though I prefer having more pts in Flare as it gives another set of damage when you leave Fire Pillar/Fire Ball in bosses. But from what I’m seeing is, you put pts in Enchant Fire so you will focus on doing Normal Attacks more. Though it’s not bad imo.
Rank 4, I removed pts in Stone Curse and put them in Hail so that your only Ice Element Attack can have a decent damage if you’re fighting Fire Element mobs/boss. I removed Stone Curse because if you’re going to focus on PvE build, you will not be needing this kind of CC. Run and leave Fire Ball and run is already a good CC for mobbing and grinding.
Rank 5, I maxed the Meteor because that skill is your Burst Damage dealer for bosses and big mobs. It’s needed. I lower the Prominence to 7pts and put 8pts in Hail instead so that your only Ice Skill can have much damage. Prominence to 7pts because you already have enough fire skills. As an Elementalist, your need to have a flexible set of skill for any kind of boss. Look here for Elements pro/con. Electrocute is a must. Max it and max the attribute if necessary. That skill is OP.
Rank 6, I’m seeing that you will focus on Gem and Potions instead of Making weapons. So I didn’t touch that area.

Those are only my opinion. As I too are planning for Wiz>Pyro>Elem. Here are my build with explanations. My build consist of PvE/PvP build so we may kinda differ in some aspect like Stone and Prominence.

On Alchemist Side, if you pick Gem/Potions path, then its good. Though I prefer making items more as it will help you in the long run and can sell them after you used or if you have much better equips.

2 Likes

If you are referring to the Alchemist “Item Awakening” dungeon, no. It is not a new dungeon. It is a specialized dungeon for the sole purpose of awakening your items. For more details, you can refer to the thread created by Tsuyucchi regarding Alchemist. It’ll be a long read but if you plan to be an alchemist, it is a wonderful read loaded with information.

Thank you so much for your opinion!

Now that you mention it, I certainly do not need Stone Curse. Also, I agree with Hail being my only ice skill. (Water must really fear lightning a lot, as it is the only elemental skill that takes 100% damage bonus from the opposing element excluding light & dark).

I’ll re-look into my build again at a later date, I’ll be calling it a night for now.

Once again, thank you!

@xShintot

I would like to ask you a question, what is the max level for attributes or does it vary with different skills?

Varies.

Something like Heal: Damage Off is 1 rank for the on/off.

Enhance (the 1% more damage) is almost always cap at 100.

For buff the ‘enhance’ equivalent usually caps at 50 (like Blessing’s +2 damage bonus, Squire’s +20 attacks before weapon refine buff runs out)

If you look in tosbase in skill simulator, on every skills, below them have the attributes for the skills. It includes the limit.

How are you guys playing? KOR ver.?

Wonderful, thank you!

Thank you!