Tree of Savior Forum

AFK necro/sorc/bokor is apparently back

Actually most prices in game are heavily regulated, just item trading. If you don’t want to buy from players, then that’s your prerogative. Furthermore you, the player, also have the ability to go out and gain items for yourself as well. This isn’t a monopoly, since you actively contribute to the game and its economy and the flow of items yourself. Interestingly enough from the way you type it seems to me like you never really played the game since you know most silver players spend gets taken into silver sinks, for instance rerolling legend cubes, repairs, warps and other such things.
Quick Maths also.
AFK bokor can earn about 1m/hour not counting drops and Crevox griefing. There are a total of 5 channels and 2 spots per channels meaning a total of 10 players can afk bokor at a time. You’re literally complaining about 10 people.
To add to this, not even everyone CAN afk Bokor since there is a gear requirement as well, so you need to have proper investment to even begin having a passive income. Of course you could operate a player shop and sell that way, checking back every now and again to make sure you didn’t run out of mats. For instance Resource runs like 17 shops in fedimian and i don’t see anyone crying over that since funneling all that silver into 1 or 2 characters is a bit ridiculous but he made his bed and now he gets to sleep comfy having a huge share of the fedi player owned shop.
tl;dr everyone is a crybaby

1 Like

why would I realize that? I don’t browse reddit lmao. how sad is your life that you memorize reddit rules?

I can’t tell if you’re just trolling Pale to get a rise out of him or you’re genuinely just that unaware.

this is little relation to what you typed earlier, i am not meaning your posts about feedback, but your general attitude towards everything as well as ur comments in game overall.

now back to what you were stating earlier that “she will insta delete anything that doesnt suit her mood.”
not only has that been proven wrong but you had no evidence of that even happening at all. If you wanted to be part of the majority so to speak, it would be wise to stop making false info up as that once again, doesnt look good.

so you didnt read anything and havent been following the post but still want to post something totally useless and false, got it thanks!

I hear this quite a bit, im confused, why do people assume I am a penniless hobo. I have nice things and I bust my as* farming, the difference is I care about people that can only play an hour or two a day and I dont think its fair for others to suffer.

Do I look like im hurting that bad after being back only 2 months after almost 2 years away, I think im doing ok. That doesnt mean this game and economy isnt still absurdly broken and stacked against new and casual players, its 1 of the many reasons this game never gets above and retains more then 2k players at a time.

“Crevox griefing” as if exploiting an oversight to go AFK and “farm” millions of free silver is something intended. If it’s okay that 10 players get millions of free silver, IMC should just put 200 billion free silver into my account. It’s only 1 account bro, who cares? It’s just fallacy after fallacy with you exploiting weirdos.

Also what he’s doing is against the rules too, as you’re not supposed to have more than one account. It’s not near as egregious as Bokor AFKing as it doesn’t effect other players even close to as much as taking up over half (the half without ranged mobs) of a popular grinding map to exploit something the developers overlooked to get free silver.

Alright, let’s make some things clear.

1 - In theory, everybody should be able to do AFK farm in Re:Build due the class reset system taking one HG that suits the character gear limitations and transition to the Baubas Cave.
2 - No MMO should highly reward players for being AFK as the purpose of playing a game is to use your time in it, taking fishing as example it does offer some benefits for those that do but has both a daily limit and doesn’t offers low value rewards for the time invested (not to mention it has a fee). Such is the case they’re changing Tincturing to not require players to AFK.
3 - It is concerning for any MMO when an AFK player present can be disturbing for those trying to play actively in the same place, not being able to farm cause a player is AFK getting money shouldn’t happen.
4 - As the last time AFK farming happened it isn’t ilegal, yet it is unethical. People can slap other people and throw water at them but they can’t be arrested nor go to jail for it for it (excluding certain cases), the same logic applies here as missing this possibility is IMC’s fault (tho they should have the power remove all silver and EXP obtained through it).
5 - Silver is and will always be the core pillar of the game as it is used on everything due how sinks are placed, denying the fact AFK farming is harmful to the game is either being naive or dishonest.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, people who can play only a couple of hours per day should bear with what they get for those couple of hours. It’s yet another MMORPG rule - while you sleep your enemy is grinding

AFK farming can exist. But (!), and I want to stress it as much as possible. Active playing should be many times profitable than AFK farming.
Unfortunately, it’s not the case with the current HG and afk summoners situation.

2 Likes

I just hope more people pick up arms in this debate. AFK farming and sorc/necro bots in every channel is what pushed this game to the point of extinction more then any ignorant thing IMC ever did or didnt do.

Its nice to see this many folks engaging in the topic and I am glad Crevox is involved, while I dont agree with his and his guildee’s Remiri’s typical “gitgud” response to everything I am glad higher tier people are involved for a change and not just doing it themselves like all of Melody is atm.

I’m not sure that AFK-farmers is the reason for players outflow, honestly.

Terrible optimization with constant lags and crashes, lack of end-game content, absolutely unbalanced and non-rewarding PvP, extremely questionable buffs/nerfs of classes - these are, imho, one of the main reasons for people to give up on ToS

4 Likes

Were you playing heavy in 2017 though, after the initial release of lv315 gear, the first practonium cube in Mishekan Forest etc.

At that time it literally reached critical mass where every single map above lv 250 had 3 to 4 necro/sorc bots roaming freely in every channel.

I absolutely agree on the lag but so many people left this game that the stability improved by default due to everyone leaving, its why the game sucks so bad now in re: build.

People came back and the 1982 servers cant handle more then 15 people in a single area.

I’m playing heavy since Close Beta 1

I’ve seen it all in ToS - all stages of afk-farmers, starting with hoards of playing AAing Big Red Kepa who spawned in fixed place in Miner Village
And honestly, AFK farmers never bothered me much. The root of AFK-farming is ultimately wrong design of Sorc/Necro/Bokor - players just take advantage of IMC making such classes.

What bothered me a lot though, are bots - I always sent tickets and reported those look-alike-dress-alike army of bots in Tenet Garden and etc. Third party software in such games are unacceptable, using flaws in game’s design that are not fixed for years - well, can’t be helped.

3 Likes

Well played, typical NAbrain. I don’t know why but it seems like you guys are the only ones who are autistic enough to say these kinds of non sense

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot that you guys are from a server that’s monopolized by a single guild, I sincerely apologize for being insensitive

This is not a macro/botting issue (though it is involved in some cases where the AFKer is not strong enough to have zombies sustain themselves). This is a game error/bug abuse.

1. The developers do no intend for players to be able to farm without interaction for more than a minute. This is clear from the built in 1 minute timer on summons to stop attacking if the player does not attack.
  2. Minions getting a fresh 1 minute timer instead of referencing a single timer of the player allows the resummoned zombies of Zombify to engage in combat long past the 1 minute mark.
  3. Using this mechanic to farm is abuse of game error/bug for self gain which is against the rules.

You need to report any game errors, bugs and other game play issues to IMC Games. You shall not abuse them for your own benefits nor to cause grievances to others, and pass this information to others who may abuse them for their benefits.

- https://treeofsavior.com/page/common/?t=ts

2 Likes

I agree from the previous post that they should remove the “Summoner class” or just implement a “Stamina system” like Ragnarok mobile.

Sure, let’s remove quickcast and rod mastery attribute too so casters can grow a brain
How sad is your life that you want a class to be remove when the problem is clearly the mentally challenged community

3 Likes

try removing yourself from the game and all of its problems will go away
trust me bruh.

To be fair, you have to be mentally challenged to enjoy summoning classes in ToS. It’s not like other games where you actually interact with the summons or control them in some meaningful way. You just press the summon button every 5 minutes and walk around basic attacking every minute or so.

So far from what I read on forum:

Bystanders’ shared responsibility

Everyone here is talking about it, but no one is taking any action to stop them, besides the guy who captured pictures killing them. Let’s say each of you take 5 minutes in your day going to 380lv HG to kill them, I guess they are done?

Also, I don’t see any of you starting any posts on Reddit/Forum to talk to IMC directly on this. After all, it’s all just talking. You think someone will do it? Ok I am doing it.

Biased Authoritarianism

No moderator on Reddit has led any discussion on AFK farmer and their behaviors on Reddit. When I open one to target and to attempt to stop them, I am called “witch hunting”. When I get personal attacked, the attackers get away and I am banned because I personal attacked.

So, if moderators are completely 1) fair and unbiased towards AFK farmers; 2) love the game to the point that they wanna protect the game like I did

The moderators, any one of them, could have started a reddit thread on AFK farmers to gain community attention to the problem.

Instead, they just stand there and take off threads on it. Where is your reddit thread “thoughts/feedback on bokor afk farming” @Mikumo? Don’t you want to protect your favorite game’s econ? I see that you are more of the talking than working on anything?

The only reason for this is THE MODS’ GUILDS ARE BENEFITING AND EXPLOITING

Rules? They are just weapons to censor us.

Elitism

Elitist @nfprivaron thinks end-game contents should remain continuously dominated by top 1% players. He thinks the remaining 99%, no matter how much they work to progress in game, should never have access to the rewards from these contents. The only way for them to get the items ought to be

1. Wait until all top players have the items
  2. Some top players will list some of their extra and set the price at 200mil+ on market
  3. Casual player will have to buy it since the rules only allow that 1% of the players to get rewards

Yes, the best end-game content shouldn’t be accessible to new players right away, with the objective that upon sufficient effort all players should be able to reach the content. With current setup of things, no matter how much effort other players put, it would still be the same group of elitists monopolizing the best items in game.

To this end, elitist usually thinks they have the right to do anything, including legally but unethically exploiting unintended flaws in game. Just because you no-life the game, doesn’t mean you are allowed to break the game’s econ.

===================================

Now comes the attacks from the bystanders, authoritarians, and elitists on me. Read below for how these people destroy me while not working to solve the problem ASAP.

1 Like