Tree of Savior Forum

AFK necro/sorc/bokor is apparently back

I don’t like captchas, but if they have to do it, they could implement it as an actual game mechanic, like requiring the caster to input random keys/buttons in order to complete a summoning spell. Think of it like typing chant words Removing the debuff inflicted by Bokor zombies, allowing for an infinite respawn loop would also help.

I agree, or at least limit the Bokor debuff to locations that AREN’T HG, or limiting summon duration in HG.

Similar as to how TBL is balanced for certain classes, limit durations.

If possible a captcha could come up when using a resummon skill, so you can’t just macro it.

They’ll just bypass captchas, almost everything is client side in this game.
It would be only an annoyance for legit players.

ITT people playing glorified plants vs zombies

viva melody

Man, everyone sure did this threat TL TR.

Just to have everything straight, is it leaving your character with summons illegal or not in this game? if you consistently use potions re summon and stay alert of your character is not really called AFK Boting right?

Why even bother creating those clasess then, the dmg they do is not even compared to other AOE killing classes such as Elementalist, Onmyoji ETC, so we can usually steal the mobs from Sorcs/Necros.

Is it allowed or not? We shouldnt care for the hate of other ppl, do what most people did, create your own and use it, its fun.

you are missing the point of the entire thread, please re-read

Did he forget macros exist?

It is not illegal, but it is definitely unethical.

It’s like, setting your alarm at 8am on Sunday in a college dorm isn’t illegal, but it’s unethical enough that everybody else will beat you up.

You are lucky we can’t physically reach you :expressionless:

Captcha is a server-initiated ping. If client doesn’t respond correctly server will refuse registering new event and forbid client from logging in with the same account for awhile.

Go back to your first networking course in CS, if you have taken it at all.

I don’t know if you’ve seen some of the examples, but IMC should probably take their first course in CS someday. They literally have ■■■■ like:
function one() {return 1}
function two() {return 2}

1 Like

ok but why is nobody talking about how they said “all religion based magic classes will be on cleric tree from now on and all non religious based classes will be moved to wizard”

but they still proceeded to move bokor and taoist to wizard

1 Like

Someone did.

3 Likes

Well if its not illegal and IMC is not banning it will continue to happen, soo… either we deal with it or we create our own haha.

And to the person to said to re read the threat I stopped half way its TL TR cmon

Did you know that 3rd party captchas (like google’s one, reCaptcha) have a public API and the only thing they do is to return to the (API’s) client the result and you can just nop the part of the client that verifies it (or jmp if we want to be pedantic about speed), xor eax,eax and inc ah?

Now the API may be implemented in a server application (game’s server, for eg.) or in a client application (game’s client), if IMC implements the API in the client, you can bypass it with ease.

So now to implement a 3rd party API you need a networking course and not a programming one?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Amazing assumption tho, is it because you think that a girl is unable to understand CS?

Edit:
You may also look for ML based captcha solvers for server side API implementation bypass.

In g-reCaptcha case Google’s server is the middle-man server.

Web client can be static pages like the ones on github.io . If reCaptcha is gating locally embedded encrypted resources in html, you can try to break the salted token encryption key to work around authentication and toggle the hidden information. Good luck solving P=NP.

In the case when the reCaptcha is gating authentication key to resource api, like end point key at some REST API, you can’t even start the authentication process without hand-shaking with Google’s server.

Go back to your first networking course in CS, if you have taken it at all. I am sure I can break whatever website you write if you don’t understand what I mean.

==============

Edit:

In nowhere I gave gender related assertion. Now if you have presumption about your own gender, I cannot stop you.

But I’m not talking about a website and I don’t see how that’s related to what I wrote.
API’s can be implemented in any language, even C++, but I guess that a web designer can’t go beyond scripting languages.

The whole goal of Captcha is to protect resources from bots by authenticating resource request process.

And you are saying by designing an API to mis-use Captcha, outsider can work around Captcha and get your resource freely, which defeats the point of Captcha and is not worthy of discussion.

Your discriminating presumption about web/frontend developers is disgusting. And I am a backend developer who works with frontend developers and writes the APIs.

What I said are basics. You don’t need to be actively practicing them to know them.

But you lack software engineering competence.

I never talked about a “misuse” of the captcha, I said that if they implement the API, thus the verification process, on the client side it’s easily bypassed.

And even in the case of server side implementation, there are ML captcha solvers that have a very high speed and accuracy rate.