Tree of Savior Forum

AFK necro/sorc/bokor is apparently back

God help us, GM Francis never did anything, it took me 4 months stalking him with every megaphone I had in founder’s access to finally get him to ban the highest grossing bot in NA server history, Momodi.

Players had over 20 threads and 100s of bot reports on the same 3 bots that lived in Vedas Plateau 24/7 and the staff 100% ignored them all so every time Francis would grace us with his presence every other week I had to hound him.

Idk man, if a gacha cube costs 13 bucks wheres the money going at this point, I mean honestly. There is no customer service, you only get the same automated robo message regardless your ticket, GMs dont enforce any terms of service in game, its a free for all with people shouting racist and lewd comments whenever they want. The servers are still as unstable now as they were in 2016, I just dont understand. Where is the money going, Crevox likes to explain to us commoners how GMs arent responsible for anything in game and their role is to quietly do things behind the scenes like Christmas Elfs, I call BS.

Ive been playing online games for 20 years, im 38 in rl, I have never seen any online game with 0 in game enforcement, its appauling what you can do and say in this game.

1 Like

On the other hand ppl still play D3 and PoE despite the fact that there are ultra-clever bots, who can actually play the game better than many human players. And farm-farm-farm-farm 24/7.

With no end-game PvP (well, there was no such thing till recent implementation of… cough-cough… Boruta) not much ppl care about bots hoarding tons of silver.

But there is an amazing and pretty easy way to fix everything what is wrong with bots and afk farmers, broken economy and silver sellers in ToS - just disable market, make everything self-find and tradable only with party members you got that particular item with. Just like in D3 and PoE. Simultaneously, raise drop% of everything, including silver. Everything bots grind will forever stay at bots account - silver will be used only for attributes - can’t buy anything from market, can’t sell silver via RMT, cause no market.

Removing market (auction) once saved D3 from collapse.

Bottom line: make it much easier to get any items / good in game, but make it forever account bind. So people would actually play the deym game instead of buying everything from market.

2 Likes

Thats a pretty dumb comparison considering all PoE endgame is private instanced using maps and the atlas mechanic.

Someone RMT’ng in their own private instance has zero impact on you however in this game players at their fkng keyboard actually playing the game are unable to play the game b/c these PoS AFKmancers flood every map and channel.

What is ToS’ endgame, tell me, please.

Same private instanced dungeons - Velcoffer, CM, Raids.
There is no competition between players whatsoever. Boruta showed how hopeless the idea of mass-pvp or any kind of Guild Wars is for this game. ToS simply can’t handle any kind of PvP - unfortunately, without any doubt, but that’s the fact.

So why struggling? Just make it grind-to-kill-time game, just like Diablo or PoE. For everyone to have actually fun PvE. Want to stimulate people? Make ladder rankings in different game aspects, like in D3 and PoE. So everyone would munch for their own good.

3 Likes

You forgot Boruta xdxdxd

1 Like

Ah, we had these botting for a whole year+ (since launch).

He even said they were legit:

Being a SSF player, I’d love that! That’s one of the reasons for I don’t like this enforced team play they introduced with re:build.

Edited my post ahaha ))))

And where do you farm the silver to participate in those dungeons, not all of us just buy 20 gacha cubes to flip for $ when we get low.

Some of us actually farm hunting grounds by hand, thats what this entire thread is about.

Please stop being a child and just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Do you even read people before answering?

Simultaneously, raise drop% of everything, including silver.
Bottom line: make it much easier to get any items / goods in game, but make it forever account bind. So people would actually play the deym game instead of buying everything from market.

You’d still get currency, the main difference is that you have to farm everything on your own.

I wouldn’t mind that at all, since I’m used to farm items on my own (back then I farmed 4 Roxona+mats and then 4 virtov+mats, for example).

I think that ToS had the same feeling in the beginning, you could basically solo everything but ET with decent items (enhancement +9 was a thing).

Now it’s quite the opposite.

Anyways, the OP started the thread to complain about the return of these cancerous afkmancers in popular hunting ground maps.

If you want to chime in and make arguements about private instanced dungeons or make random comparisons to ARPGs I dont know what to tell you, you literally missed the entire concept of the thread.

The fact that the whitest knight in white knight history Crevox is going to the trouble of personally reporting these players to IMC and sitting in Baubas cave to personally ice wall them off their exploiter spots says all that needs to be said, period.

You guys enjoy the attempts to derail the thread, I have farming to do b/c you know, I actually play the game by hand, fkng crazy right?

Believe me, being the player with the highest Team Level on iToS and 40/40 chars I do play the game too. I’ve never tried to protect afk-farmers, I’ve reported dozens of scripters during Dina Bee Farm era.

But afk farmers and even bots destroying the market - it’s just the symptoms. Removing them won’t help to fix the game. Until ToS stop trying to be an MMORPG while desperately copying everything from ARPG like D3 and PoE, nothing will change.

1 Like

From the rules: https://treeofsavior.com/page/common/?t=ts

You need to report any game errors, bugs and other game play issues to IMC Games. You shall not abuse them for your own benefits nor to cause grievances to others, and pass this information to others who may abuse them for their benefits.

Players need to attack once a in a while in order to keep their summons active (aside from the current respawn of zombies mechanics). The need to attack is intended to prevent players from being able to farm while being AFK for long periods of time.

Zombies using independent timers to track the last attack of the player is an oversight by the programmers of the game as it combined with zombify allows new zombies to be spawned with new timers that allow the player to have a horde of zombies active without any player input for long periods of time. This is a game error/bug and it is being abused by those that AFK farm for long periods of time by using bokor zombify. The abuse directly results in an unfair silver advantage for the AFK player as they are gaining silver through means unavailable to a fair player.

There are only 5 channels of Baubas cave and only 2 spots with no ranged mobs, the stone golem area and the area south east. The south east area is also worse than the golem area due to needing higher accuracy to hit monsters as well as having faster monsters. This means there is very limited number of places for a player to efficiently and enjoyably play the game.

By AFKing for long periods of time the AFKer deprives other players of the opportunity to play the game without disruption as the AFK player’s zombies will attack monsters that an active player is trying to gather in addition to already taking up the spawn of the monsters in the limited space available. The abuse indirectly causes grievances to others.

Part of the summoner play style is to have the AI do the work for you, but please bear in mind there is a difference between AFKing for a minute, as the developers intended, and AFKing for hours.

4 Likes

Zombies actually still INACTIVE if summoners afk in 1 mins (try it, dont let any zombies attack after 1 min, then u go and will see they afk as well), but as I said, the zombies kill other mobs and recreate zombies, this is the root of problem, both of them are NOT a bug, u resummon of sorcerer will make the summon attack again without attack any mobs. Check this Vid from KToS, clearly evidence at right corner, u will see wheelchair emerged from corpse of fallen mobs at 0:30 -> 0:50, therefore, now it’s same as my post above.

Simply make Bokor need to zombify to resummon instead of zombies attack and cause debuff, but this is code from KToS, if need to fix, this will take a long time.

I just realized I had huge horrible lag spikes ever since Rebuild, particularly in Baubas Cave
All these summons are really taking a toll on the weak shitservers of IMC
Its annoying as hell to farm because you often get stuck in animation due to lag/channel freeze

I assumed it was all the new players but its probably just all the bokor zombies

waaa it was so funny so much salt i bet they don’t even go to farm i mean i go with my bm farmer and farm next to the afk the mobs are so many that i have no problem farming i mean what are you using to farm lol i mean sometimes my cd don’t let me kill all the mobs hahaha so many salt and some can’t stop crying over the whales? just look at NA number 1 in DL are not even whales xD! i mean yes some whales get lot of silver not farming in the game but look at other games for example dragon next there you put 10 dlls in the game and got the money a normal player can farm in a week of full farming, here 10 dlls are nothing! the whales actually waste like 1000 dlls or more to get the silver they want idk if you ask me if i m crying over having the same items as them and i have not waste my real money in the game i think you are doing something wrong or just mere sal… i mean hate xD

What did you mean? :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

This really doesn’t alter the fact that IMC was taking an active stance against AFK farming at the time by spawning Grim Reapers on the map to kill off AFK players. When the staff of the game itself is releasing counter-measures to your actions, a little alarm should go off in your head saying “maybe I should stop”.

Some people, simply don’t possess that alarm.

They didn’t stop because IMC didn’t ban them. Hell, @GM_Francis went as far as calling “legitimate players” people who were blatantly botting.

I kinda get why since more than half the server was doing it. This situation is a tad more isolated so we will see what happens.