Tree of Savior Forum

Addons creators are EXPLOITING and HACKING ToS!

Greetings Savior!

Thank you for contacting us!

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue have brought. We highly appreciate your inputs and insights regarding to Tree of Savior. We will forward this ADDON problem to our proper department for further review.

If you have any other concern, let us know and we’ll gladly assist you.

Once again, thank you so much for your support and report.

Your Faithfully, STAFF_MAX

8 Likes

So, it’s irrelevant?

Thumbs up, Flan. The bigger man is the bigger man in silence.

Addon makers have to cross over the grey line to learn potentially useful stuff, who’d have thought so?
And if, by mistake, said grey-zone “addons” go public it’s definitely fishy that one tries to hide em from the uninformed public, it’s totally not like the same uninformed people would start look at the highest tree to hang em from it, no no.

And btw, you said they’re just script kiddies and basically just exploiters and you have a whole 15 years expertise in programming so when are we going to see some super useful addons from you instead?
So far both Fiote and Excrulon only made the game better, that’s the only proof we have; you, on the other hand, went “fix or i’ll quit OMG PLS”. See the difference? Let’s just say that if this was a race you wouldn’t have the pole position.

5 Likes

The more i re-read what’s OP posted, the more i think OP is an attention whore, drama queen or maybe he is the person who felt offended by the add-on maker on reddit because he stalk the maker and posted the addon before the maker like excrulon ot fiote said the add-on is A-okay or ready to download, but that’s just my wild guess, maybe it’s someone else.

From my perspective it’s like OP wants to have or using what’s fiote using privately, and when fiote dropped it, OP just went apeshit, the screenshot doesn’t prove anything at all. :shrugs:

5 Likes

I hope this time, the code will be fixed because this is something that has been reported since BETA by many players.
That command lines are easely accessible.
Please protect yourself better but don’t punish all addons. Most of them are harmless.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Please don’t straight out remove all add-on because the add-on system is actually great if all the loophole is patched.

2 Likes

As I reread through this whole post, I really think that it’s unnecessary and only liable to cause serious problems in the community if a forum like this is open to the public.

It really should be private to IMC’s eyes and the person who submitted the report. Everyone else shouldn’t be able to see anything here.

I just read a post earlier that apparently IMC used to have a buyback feature in the game if you accidentally sold stuff to an NPC you can just buy it back (Like every MMO ever since WoW), well apparently IMC removed it simply because it was being exploited in some way and they never added it back.

That kinda concerns me about how IMC is going to handle add-ons now… instead of fixing loopholes and patching exploits they just remove it from the game instead?

Very concerning…

1 Like

Not that it matters to anyone, but I think I will just quit the game and move on if IMC actually removed the lua editting capability from us.

I’m already bored about the game ever since the implementation of neutrality and 3 war limit.

1 Like

I really hope nothing changes. It’s IMCs fault for allowing this stuff to happen in the first place. Anybody who know how to code can do this, and that’s more ppl than you think. And if that (nothing changes) happens, I’ll remind you to commit to your BS post.

Edit: You could leave now. What about that?

Hey, if anyone is still curious, OP is just full of ■■■■ and these addons aren’t ‘exploits’ or ‘hacks’ any more than any other addon. He’s just trying to start drama for whatever reason (likely because he’s a child).

AFAIK the market one (which is completely benign) is not being distributed because it’s still being tweaked and it’s unknown what impact it might have on performance, all it does is give you market prices on items without having to open the market and look up the item yourself, so you can actually know if something that drops has any value.

The other addon actually does nothing if you aren’t in town, it opens shop windows but if shops in the area don’t exist you can’t do anything anyway, all it does is let you repair and vendor your ■■■■ without walking up to the blacksmith. Also the fact that you can open shop windows without talking to the NPC was already reported to IMC by modders so OP isn’t even accomplishing anything there.

Take off your tinfoil hats and flag OP for calling people out, the only one breaking any rules here is him.

I mean seriously just look at his screenshots, he messaged them asking for these private addons that he thinks are hacks and exploits, and when he was rejected (again because said addons aren’t ready or suitable for release) he threatens them and then makes this post. How is anyone buying this?

13 Likes

Well I don’t really buy it anymore after giving the op’s post a good reading and determining it as lack of concrete evidence. But I still have concerns over the security of the game. Can IMC automatically detect illicit add-ons being used? Can people even develop illicit add-ons?

This post just raised a concern to me about how controlled the modding scene is in this game to prevent abuse. We all love our mods but hopefully IMC is making it secure and has ways to detect illicit activity. And definitely hope IMC doesn’t just remove add-ons completely instead of patching security issues.

We already know there are armies of bots running around with arde daggers they couldn’t have acquired legally as well as the various ‘rumors’ of duped items, so the security of the game isn’t even in question - it’s pretty much confirmed insecure. However I doubt there’s much damage you can do simply editing scripts for addons, if the worst anyone’s come up with so far is being able to open non-functional shops on maps with no shops.

From the first post, it already seemed that the thread poster had a personal agenda against the addon programmers. All that is needed is for IMC programmers to actually look at the code to verify if there is actually is a problem. So far, two separate ppl have said that the code is beign and is not a hack. There are a lot of programmers in the world now.

Make sure the facts are right before you start accusing ppl. All that is needed is to ask someone who understands the coding language.

I, however, agree that IMC will need to monitor the addon system to prevent people who are looking to abuse it. And one way is to work with the people who know the system. A.K.A. people who make addons. Like knowing which sections of the code are open to abuse and restrict them

1 Like

That is what is going to happen surely.
They don’t fix things, they block access to those things. Just look at all those trading and market restrictions, crafting loot becoming untradable after one trade, and list can go on.
So yeah, we can thank topic starter for his butthurt and just wait when IMC banhammer strikes everyone who uses any kind of addons just because OMG THERE IS A HOLE YOU MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT HAVE USED BAN

People complaining here because they do not have motivation to play TOS anymore … PvP main reason to lvup and get items and we do not have it yet … if we had no one would be complaining about simple addons.

1 Like

I have sent IMC an Email to complain about abusing addon. Sorcerers are camping days and nights at dina bee farm with auto pot addon =))
EXP viewer is an awesome addon but it will be better if IMC can intergrate it into client then ban all other addons :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Disabling addons will just prevent the potential of having several Quality of Life improvements that can be enjoyed via addons. Ever heard of LKChat? That thing makes quick work of spambots and not only blocks them but reports them as well. Sure they can be integrated on the game but when? Do I suck it up until then? Addons provide a leeway for developers to let enthusiastic people contribute and make the handy/helpful stuff so they can focus on other more pressing things. Sure it’s a shame the developers can’t make some of the things that seem essential but you don’t have infinite developer time.

HOWEVER, IMC does need to clamp down on what they deem to be unsafe/obtrusive. But the intent of this thread is leaning towards the route of witch-hunting addon developers.

P.S. Learn to talk for yourself instead of saying “THE COMMUNITY”.