Tree of Savior Forum

Addons creators are EXPLOITING and HACKING ToS!

• Server : Possible all (read bellow to understand)
  • Team Name : Various
  • Approximate date / time (EDT) : Unknow
  • Evidence: Well… Looks like “addons creators” are creating not only useful addons for community, but actualy HACKING Tree of Savior client for your own (and possible, gold sellers and bots) benefits…

Some evidences are in Github, user “fiote” : https://github.com/fiote/ToS-Addons
He is the creator of “cw” addons, and partner of “Excrulon” (https://github.com/Excrulon), creator of various addons and “Addon Manager”.

BUT, fiote create more than “cw” addons, he unintentionally leaked your “side project”, the “cx” hacking addons on yout github account, now some users are forking this leaked repository!
Look here: https://github.com/michellorel/ToS-Addons
Here the evidence of original creator and commits from “fiote”: https://github.com/michellorel/ToS-Addons/commits/master
with 2 “more” addons:

• cxAnywhere: Hack to open repair interface anywhere in game.
  • cxScanner: A market scanner/exporter tool.
    (I was following fiote’s account and addons repo, so I received all notifications about deleting/creating/issues/commits, etc. See bellow SS from oficial repository)

More information about and more evidences? Sure!

After leaked, he in despair, erased your own repository, and re-create with other name, tagged “rebirth”, but… Once in internet, stay in internet.

fiote on despair :wink:

And he erased all previous commits:

Oh! A wild fork appears!
https://github.com/michellorel/ToS-Addons/commits/master
And appears the whole previous commits history:

Please, @STAFF_Max, @STAFF_Ines, @STAFF_John, @STAFF_Ethan, @GM_Francis, @GM_Sebastian, @hkkim, @Staff_Julie, @TOSTeam

IF NOW, WITH ALL THESE EVIDENCES, NOTHING BE DONE, I’M QUIT! AND ALL COMMUNITY IS GETTING TIRED OF THIS, SEE BOT REPORT SESSION (BUT EXPLOITS IS WORSE)…

DO NOT TRANSFORM THIS GAME IN A JOKE!

EDIT

Thanks all :wave:

EDIT 2

It’s like cat and mouse with evidences now:

16 Likes

@imcgames @moderators Are you sure it was a good idea to allow these “addons” without a proper platform for this? How we can play knowing that have people doing things like that?

Good Work Acidhub!

OFF:
Trying not to laugh when they are getting angry… Did they think it would never come to the public?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

Well I already said this 1 billion times. IMC does NOT have a system in place to automatically detect common bot behavior. It does not surprise me that they also don’t have a system in place to automatically detect memory readers.

The market scanner would literally just automatically transmit a request and pull data from the market. I’ll get technical a bit: Basically whenever you open the market, click through it, you are pulling information from IMC’s server. An add-on could be established to automatically collect the market data as it’s being sent to you. Likely set it up so you can access the market from anywhere in the game, do your business, download the data files. (Which is basically something an automatic bot detection program would detect if IMC had it because it is basically a bot process)

To add to that: What if there are some ‘restrictions’ imposed on the player in the game that are actually checked locally instead of through the server? Could you hack into the game files to lift the market restrictions? How far could this go? Who knows. It’s scary to think about just how insecure this game is. When I constantly see the most simple bots running a set pattern, doing the same things and transmitting endless amounts of text seemingly undetected, I lose faith that the game is secure at all.

Opening the repair screen from anywhere is basically altering and hacking into the game files as it requires the modder to essentially call the script and method that operates when the blacksmith is asked to “Repair” your equipment. So yeah, that is very against the Terms of Service.

These things would definitely give advantages to make botting easy but without a proper investigation from IMC we can’t say for certain that this is really happening at all.

IMC really needs to get their sh*t together and setup detection for bots and secure their game code better though, or things are going to continue to devolve into a cesspool of RMT, bots and player paranoia until everyone just quits.

What I would be extremely worried about are packet injectors. I HOPE IMC has some sort of method to detect packet injecting at the very least. With a packet injector I could basically hack my character to do things like give myself gold and what not by submitting packets I created myself. It’s pretty complex stuff because you’d have to hack into the game files, find the files in charge of transmitting packets, sniff the packets to find the ones you are looking for, attempt to copy it then send it.

14 Likes

@shyyyyy OH NO HOW CAN WE PLAY WHEN PEOPLE CAN OPEN A REPAIR WINDOW ANYWHERE? HOW CAN WE PLAY WHEN AN ADD ON CAN SCAN THE MARKET FOR PRICES FUCCCCCK IMC PLEASEEEE HOW CAN WE PLAYYYY

Doesn’t give you free repairs or anything. sounds like someone is butt hurt excrulon wouldn’t be your personal tech support to fix your add ons.

Typical official TOS forums children crying

4 Likes

Someone who doesn’t understand or maybe haven’t read the Terms of Service appears!

Here ya go bud: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Tree+of+Savior+Terms+of+Service&l=1

2 Likes

I wouldn’t even waste your time. It’s just another obnoxious scrub who can’t comprehend English well enough to understand what the actual problem here is, yet he still wanted to get some attention from this thread so he posted something worthy of his intelligence level as you already saw.

2 Likes

Like I said on another thread, this is why we can’t have nice things. :frowning:

Knowing how IMC “handles” this sort of issue, I’m afraid there’d come a day when even helpful mods/add-ons would be deemed absolutely illegal and bannable.

1 Like

Look on the bright side, if IMC is able to ban you for using any mod/addon-ons, it means that they finally setup a system to actually detect bots/add-ons/memory readers and all that. Should lead to a reduction in RMT to more tolerable levels lol.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Holy balls. This isn’t the end of the world. If someone’s hacking, you report them, and they get whatever’s coming. It’s happened before and it will happen again. We don’t need to start a riot and blow things out of proportion.

Of all the exploits found in the game so far that I know of, this has got to be one of the most mundane ones. Calm the heck down.

1 Like

I don’t usually reply to drama, but I must chime in and say: You guys are all f***ing idiots.

These guys make addons for community FOR FREE, they don’t even use adfly or anything to make money from it.

As someone who has made hacks in the past (but NEVER distributed them) I can understand why excrulon or fiote would make them. Its part of the fun of creating mods, to see how far you can go, and you can find out how to do some pretty neat, useful, and non-malicious stuff by delving deeper than your supposed to. I don’t know if these mod creators intended to ever release these things, or use them for themselves only (in which case, shame on you two) but don’t jump to conclusions and start tearing down people that create content for the community for free, you ungrateful entitled children.

IF NOW, WITH ALL THESE EVIDENCES, NOTHING BE DONE, I’M QUIT!

Good, leave, no one will miss you and the community will be better off without people like you. Who even are you?

5 Likes

Makes sense.

I do still believe in the potential of “officially approved” add-ons making the game better and helping IMC sort out some of the existing issues (maybe they’ll want to eventually integrated those add-on features).

But as you said, I’m also ok with sacrificing a little comfort for a better experience in the long run.

Good! Leave!

They don’t make any money off it. They are just trying to make TOS life easier with all these stupid restrictions IMC implemented.

Seriously, quit. Shoo!

1 Like

so are the add-ons illegal now? :cold_sweat:
I have excrulon’s add-ons…
specifically:
Map Fog Viewer
Exp Viewer
Skill Tooltip
Exp Card Calculator

:sob:

Why are you being surprised? There is so many things wrong with IMC’s code that made many things client side.

Personally I had find one or two exploit, used them for a while to test it, and reported to IMC.

How are you so sure that fiote didn’t report the bug to IMC? The reason he removed the addon is of course not to spread the abuse.

1 Like

This isn’t protest, this is you going ape crazy.

You presented your evidence. You reported the claim. Leave it at that. Stuff like this happened before, and it was dealt with. Stuff like this will happen again, and it will be dealt with. Relax. We’re all fine.

Before you call anyone a white knight, call yourself a hater. You’re acting like a child.

The main problem here that most of the addons makes this game much more fun to play. Some things like “Better collection interface” - why not like this by default, huh IMC? “Better Quest” which was promised do be the default feature by IMC long ago - where is it? etc etc
It’s like with most of the mods game begins to feel like a game and not like some unfinished piece of sheit.

Hacking mods are to be reported, yeah right. But if I was IMC, I’d give those hack addon creators a job in state. Maybe then we’ll have a decent game.

1 Like

The guy made the report post, I replied to it with my thoughts and suddenly it implies we’re all going “ape crazy”. What is “ape crazy” to you? Merely making a report means ape crazy? I’m not allowed to voice my feelings on it? You just jumped in and told us all to stfu and calm down and expect us to listen? The f*ck are you? Let us have our discussion and leave.

I gave back the same amount of garbage he gave me. His post was full of “Shut the f*ck up”. If you want to reply telling us all to shut up and call us babies/children well, don’t be surprised that we reply back to you the same way. If you stepped out of your basement for 5 seconds you’d probably learn some social skills.

1 Like

Same feeling. The game’s completely alien to me now without those add-on.