Tree of Savior Forum

Addons creators are EXPLOITING and HACKING ToS!

Are you an adult? Because adults don’t retaliate to people like that in the way you did. Children do.

Regardless of your age, the reality of the situation is that this is nothing that hasn’t happened before and if we get this worked up about something so mundane, we’re all going to get screwed. At that point the fault won’t be with who started it (hackers), the fault will be with the instigators.

You might be a bit late on that. Every security flaw you’ve shown here has been widely known since iCBT2 and earlier, including the fact you can pretty much open any UI window anywhere in the game, some fully functional, without server-side checks. Bots abused the lack of proper server-side position tracking to virtually teleport around the map and it took IMC like what, 6 months to fix it? I remember it since the start of kTOS. Not to mention the ability to change weapon range and arc length.

Just saying, if you’re expecting all those flaws to be fixed promptly, might as well leave now and save your time. You’re not the first to bring this up, you won’t be the last, and what you mentioned is just the tip of the iceberg. Now if your goal is solely to get a couple of people banned for being careless while abusing it, I guess you could succeed. Won’t change anything on the grand scale, but hey it’s something.

In kTOS.

1 Like

Let me be frank here. Considering how defeated and upset people feel over the rampant botting and RMTers in the game, I find that no amount of telling people to calm down and not “blow this out of proportion” is going to stop the inevitable.

Even if it really is NOTHING to be concerned with, it’s still going to create paranoia in people just from the sheer fact over the state of the game right now.

And you are not helping by acting out like this. Which is exactly my point. Exploiting is wrong. Anyone who defends exploiting is wrong. But escalating and perpetuating the problem is absolutely worse. Report it as you would any other exploit we’ve had, and move on. It is extremely likely that the problem will sort itself out more effectively that way.

3 Likes

This thread…

2 Likes

oh look the white knights are defending hacks now lol

and
rip squire june 8 2016 your role got replaced

6 Likes

you ungrateful entitled children.

IF NOW, WITH ALL THESE EVIDENCES, NOTHING BE DONE, I’M QUIT!

Good, leave, no one will miss you and the community will be better off without people like you. Who even are you?

So this isn’t acting out but me telling this dude off = acting out?

Speaking of age here… adding “entitled little children” and “good, leave, no one will miss you and the community will be better off without people like you.” is considered an “adult” argument?

Enlighten me here.

1 Like

What do you mean replaced? who replaced my Squire?! :fearful:

Them acting like idiots and raging at you isn’t likely going to cause a problem that will screw us all over.

You or others making a big deal out of this when it’s not may. I don’t give a damn about them, and neither should you. I care about me and my play experience, and you should care about yours. Report the exploit as if it were any other of the numerous ones present in the game, and move on. This kind of stuff should be routine for them by now.

So basically people are children if they are saying things that go against what you believe in.

But okay you took a jab at me before so my jab was justified. In all seriousness I think I actually understand what your concern is and the concerns of the other people here who are on your side:

You don’t want to see IMC impose a ban on all add-ons. I’ve been using add-ons too and frankly the game would suck complete and total ass without them as they add much needed convenience to an unpolished game.

If people made a public outcry about this, IMC may react by outlawing all add-ons period and even I admit that would be miserable.

This can be said without dropping insults and raging at us, though. I mean I just did that right now. And replying to us angrily with insults is just going to cause a dramatic scene and cause everyone to ignore what you’re saying anyways.

3 Likes

The funniest part is these don’t even do anything. The market one is just a data scraper and the repair one apparently doesn’t work on maps w/o repair NPCs (cities).

5 Likes

I know someone who takes what should be a simple thing and makes it a complicated thing. She’s seven.

Don’t be that someone. This has nothing to do what I think or what you think or what they think. The reality is this entire thread is really stupid. Now, stupid is prolific and usually that’s not a problem anyone has to worry about. Well if it’s going to get addons outlawed, then it’s a problem.

Go back through this thread and look at what the pitchfork half have said and the tolerant half have said. Consider it from the perspective of IMC. The former come off as very anti-addon. The latter are calling this thread (as well as you) stupid.

Nobody needs to care how right or wrong or justified or absurd the latter are. It’s the god damn internet for talt’s sake. The only problem that anyone needs to be concerned with the possibility of addons being banned. I can’t imagine winning a bout of name calling to be worth this consequence, can you?

I think most everyone can agree that outlawing addons is not in anyone’s interests and the best way prevent that from happening is to deescalate this and future threads. You don’t have to support exploits to do this - actually I don’t think anyone really supports exploits. Regardless, worst comes to worst, you’ll be able to say it wasn’t your fault. That’s worth a lot more than responding to the children.

Hey people’s, the problem is not the excrulon/fiote or the addons, the problem is that anyone can exploit (and use the same “permitted” addons to exploit, like the fiote do) without any advanced technic for it, even a script kiddie like fiote or excrulon can do it. We are not talk about irrelevant things like “ban he”, “ban she”, “ban it”. For each ban, another 10 will “summoned”. The imc needs to fix the things first, and start ban only when everything is working and not exploitable too easy. I’m programmer for more than 15 years, every programmer know how is fun do injections, mods, scarving applications. But I’m a player too, a “real player”, I like to play TOS and want to continue playing, for this reason I don’t spent my time to destroy TOS, for this reason the topic is needed. It’s irrelevant who is doing exploits, but “how” and “how to fix”. This topic only mentions addons creators and the “proves” about a real situation for ensuring that IMC will finally see that allow these addons was a bad idea, and these edited scripts, ipf, needs to be blocked. Addons only can be a good idea if we have a proper platform for it, that don’t opens a port to exploit and hack the game. I didn’t be comfortable to play, spent time, money, if others people is getting all without any hard work.

I’m waiting for years to play TOS, and much people is spending a lot of time and work to make the TOS work without problems like this. Sorry if anyone is sad because cannot use addons or bots anymore, but the imc must know about it, and yours should not let these people destroy the game that you play.

8 Likes

I dont see proof of excrulon doing anything illegal. So are you just calling out popular names to get attention or do you want to ruin addon developers over all? What is it? I’m totally OK with fiote looking for funky stuff, as long as it’s not released or supported. Nah dude. I don’t see an issue here as long as anyone could do this. There are probably guys out there who do way more hacking and cheating…

3 Likes

Then pull the second part of your first post in the thread. It’s completely irrelevant. You even mention so yourself.

Because pretty much no one in this thread has used said addons or know what they do so they scream hacks based on misinfo.

These people would b*tch about modifying the user.xml if someone claimed it was a hack.

3 Likes

http://puu.sh/pl4rr/58f459a414.png

Well I mean, this is the hacking / abusing reports forum and these discovered add-ons are against the Terms of Service.

So the guy made a report about discovering these people have made a couple add-ons that are against the Terms of Service and reported it in the proper forum (Now that I think about it, why is this forum public anyways? It should be for IMC eyes only…). Whether or not these people have actually used the add-on? Well there’s no proof.

I decided to delete my rage post since it was pretty pointless. But after giving everything another read through and going back to the op’s initial post, I actually only see speculation but no actual proof of any claims that they’ve used the add-on at all nor proof that they are in cahoots with botters nor that they even endorse or officially support these kinds of mods.

I let my paranoia get the best of me but I see the point here. Let IMC investigate instead of pitchforking and lighting torches over speculations. I apologize for the slight rage.

2 Likes

@psychoromeo It’s just a joke for the excrulon reaction, no more. You can’t see the “off” tag?

I hate people who threaten IMC: DO THIS OR I QUIT!
What are you OP a 6 years old child or what ?!

Also, did you need to post this publicly ?
You could’ve send a ticket to IMC and explain things calmy.
Because now, people will be tempted to go use that information that you just spread.
/GG

The last thing that a bank need when there is a breach in its security it’s that an idiot spread the word on shout it on the street.
sigh

I want also IMC to fix its code too but I won’t go on forum and share how to abuse that problem “Hey, look, there is a way to XXXX thing”.

3 Likes

"IF NOW, WITH ALL THESE EVIDENCES, NOTHING BE DONE, I’M QUIT!"
First learn proper english and then maybe people will take you seriously.