Tree of Savior Forum

[ADDON] LKChat (Alpha)

thanks for Addon, much appreciated dude

1. Would be nice if you open sourced the lua files so we can add this addon to the addon folder.
  2. The spammer keyword file should be editable for us to give these spammers hell.
1 Like

Spammer keyword should be left un-editable to prevent abusers. If someone add in common words like ‘lol’, ‘haha’ or ‘what/who/when/where/why’ it will cause a lot of false-positives for IMC.

2 Likes

TESTING

good add on !!

I agree the keywords list and regex search patterns should remain encrypted. The rest of the mod should be open for everyone to inspect.

Nice work, any Staff info about legit dont need a bann :wink:

Point taken. Or you have to make it like that if you use your custom keywords than auto report gets disabled.
Then you can not only block silver spammers but also anything else one does not like.

remember it’s a double edge sword…

if the program somehow report lot of innocent people, you will be the one getting block…

it’s an automated system, don’t forget that :wink:

EDIT: Would also like to know the staff opinion about this add-on

@Staff_Julie

@LemonKing While you’re working on blocking, you could add an option to block those with a timestamp of more than 5 minutes in the future.

Some guys spam all-chat with wrong timestamps and those messages stay on the bottom of chat until client restart or untill the actual time has passed the “timestamp-time”.

lets see if IMC allow this kind addon.

GJ anyway!

Hmm, I actually don’t know exactly who determines if it’s allowed. :confused: I just ask around… and get my answers… I think I annoy them too much.

17 Likes

LOL better to annoy than to have almost all your fan base banned because of add ons either by you guys or steams vac system.

this add on is very helpful nomore bot spams nomore lag its quite nice.

2 Likes

If only everything was crystal clear… I wouldn’t be asking all the time. :confounded:

@STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan

11 Likes

This addon looks great! But i’ll wait for the “official” answer from IMC to be sure about it :slight_smile:

@LemonKing
can you add on option to use a user’s blacklist instead of regex expression (that will be circumvented sooner or later)? That way users could adjust their filters in real time without having to wait for addon update.

Chat spam blocker 3rd party tool worked like that and i liked it.

Be brave savior!
@Staff_Julie I would ask the dev team as they are the ones who can approve whether the code is of malicious intend or not.

I am leaving this in threads as I see them, please visit and like/comment to help visibility! We need an official process for addons so that we can get answers more quickly and users are not at risk of being banned prior to approval =)

How do they do this? It’s incredibly annoying to have their chat hugging the chat window wtf

I don’t know at all, I can only assume that the time stamp is created client-side when sending a message. Either depending on the OS time, or on some time server. It could also be an issue with time “translation” when the chat server calculates the difference between client time zone and server time zone.

Again, I don’t know it, and I don’t have the time to fiddle with the client files or network protocoll, so it’s only assumptions.

If it were created client side, it would use the server time displayed in the top right corner of the screen… or your system time.

I’m pretty sure the bots edit their chat message’s network packets to manually set their own timestamp. I’ve not seen this from legit players simply due to time zones or whatever other unintentional server hiccups, only gold selling bots.