Tree of Savior Forum

Free Gift system: (within [x} seconds after item drop)

(a comment on Developers blogg: Statement on Trade Restrictions 7-4-2016)

Branko Mijic “honestly I agree, me and my brother are both playing two different classes and I find it stupid I can’t give him a weapon I won’t need to use? like wtf”

possible solution: Free Gift system

example: im a swordman in a party, i get a item drop, its a rare bow.
my friend in my party wants it and i dont need it and i dont want to sell it, i have 1 minute time to gift the item for free to my friend after that 1 minute
the free gift function gets locked on this item.
and so i gift the item to my friend, i don’t get anything in return.

some ideas to refine this system making it less viable for gold sellers.

• when you obtained the items, get a ~1 or 2 minute countdown to (free trade) free gift once.
  • gift: no trade, nothing in return. (silver or items.)
  • minimum lvl restriction and lvl restriction in difference between sender and receiver: lvl 50 archer and lvl 61 swords man cant use this system because
    they are 10 levels apart.
  • just like daily free tp, maybe make it {x} free gifts in [x] hours or make the receiving person spend 1 tp to receive the item gift.
  • etc…?

i think this construction refined, would not benefit gold sellers and could solve a few frustrations on trading restrictions while imc is working on gold seller prevention.

I think this is a good idea… just that it should probably be like a 5 min. window. Long enough so that a friend across the map can make their way over to get an item. But short enough so that bottling sellers can’t really take advantage of it.

This is actually a really good suggestion.

That would be nice to have, or a system where if you get a drop you can choose to make it go to another member of the party instead. I have lost count of the amount of Archer and Swordie stuff I have gotten on my Wiz and couldn’t pass it along, or an item they needed for a recipe or a collection.

The penalty on Potential when trading with friends or transferring things in your own account is also a major pain in the ass. They should at least remove the penalty when transferring within your account.

As of right now the game feels like it has no sense of camaraderie it’s everyone out for themselves and if you don’t like, though.

Don’t even get me started on the job system and if you screw up when too high of a level you have to delete your character (thus losing a good 80% of your items and sometimes your money).

Sorry for the rant and hi-jacking your thread OP.