Tree of Savior Forum

Accounts banned for UI addon use

AGREE again . coz many players using addons just to see EXP gain and EXP calc only also to track quest .why? coz not like on kTOS , TOS here have a lot of shortcoming. admit it thats why many players using these addons.

• 1151 had already been permanently banned and therefore their status has not been altered
  • 3462 had been previously restricted and will now be banned permanently, as this is their second known offense
  • 994 will be banned for a total of 30 days, as this is their first known offense

5 Likes

This topic will close 11408 years after the last reply.

WTF? LMAO

They couldnt make a whitelist for addons since addon developers can add something when they update them.

They cant say it more clear "We have no plans on restricting add-ons that conveniently display information which can be obtained from external communities or between users."
How can you not understand it?

1 Like

you will be amaze at the density of the human race…

each person understand things differently

from https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=467
5. Could you let us know which add-ons are allowed and which aren’t?
We have no plans on restricting add-ons that conveniently display information which can be obtained from external communities or between users.

if common sense was as common as the name implied, it would probably suffice.
by -some- interpretations, auto-pot would be legit because it does not do anything that the client isn’t normally capable of – that is, drinking a potion.
by other interpretations, it would “automate play” and thus be a form of simple botting.

i personally feel it’s much closer to the latter, but it does not take “twisting of words” or “creative mental gymnastics” to interpret it as safe.

“remote npc” of course, allows you to access shop menus from locations you were never intended to. the -only- defense for a mod like that is that “IMC didn’t prevent it from happening” and i’m sure that even the few who would use that argument realize how feeble it sounds.

1 Like

why dont IMC hired this devs to make TOS UI even more helpful. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Seriously though, if IMC is a man of their words I’m pretty sure the quality of life addons users are fine. The one that will be affected are those that uses cxAnywhere etc. Just need a common sense here. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if some QoL addons users get wrongfully banned here.

1 Like

They will be temporaly banned and it’s fair.

They’ve been repeated drama about people being banned from using none authorised command lines (break guild, write in bold text). IMC showed they will be strict toward these abuse (same for forum community) but people continued to “abuse” so they reap what they sew, imo.

@Official_Maestro
IMC isn’t talking about those addons, didn’t you read ?

You dont have to worry, as they said "Accounts banned for UI addon USE"
Install it isnt illegal, but if you use it to exploit then its illegal

People don’t get banned from using /destroyguild, unless they repeatedly trolled other guild.

Look at number 5
5. Could you let us know which add-ons are allowed and which aren’t?

We have no plans on restricting add-ons that conveniently display information which can be obtained from external communities or between users.

However, we are sternly against add-ons that allow abnormal gameplay such as being able to use NPC stores on a field or an auto-play program. Those are prohibited and its user is liable to be banned.

MEANS EXP viewer and CALC are allowed

have they said anything about map viewer?

Use your common sense, using none authorised command lines or auto pots is “NO”.

use your common sense also. did i say auto pots?

Hey, could you guys give us more details about these add on and which are legit to play. Also could you post a list of banned account regards this issue so player could check if their account have been banned because of this?. Thank you.

and yes i do read . i mean for devs who makes those legal addons . why dont IMC hire them to make default UI even better like other MMOs . tbh this game UI are pretty bad for new users and some of it are still buggy af

Can you see tos maps in external communities? yes, so its legal

2 Likes

Well, IMC written clearly what kind of addons they allow or not in the link you posted. That mean they won’t go around the internet gather addons and make a list.

well, then cwSet is illegal?

im curious about cwset to since i actually use it