Tree of Savior Forum

Accounts banned for UI addon use

Greetings Saviors!

We have made an announcement regarding 'Accounts banned for UI addon use.

You can check the details at our official website from the following link.

Link : https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=477

Thank you as always for your continued support, enthusiasm and love for Tree of Savior.

Sincerely,

IMC Staff

11 Likes

all that banning and there was no official word on whether it was allowed or not in the first place? that sux

3 Likes

There was an official annuncement about it

4 Likes

And its an exploit so they werent obligated to make an official anuncement

3 Likes

Goodjob, now lets see who among these people will start to cry in here.

2 Likes

How about those who tested out the addon for once or twice to check it’s validity and delete it after?

While I never installed that addon, I felt that these ban decisions are too rash.

post a link to it here

ok and still nobody knows whether addons in general are allowed to be used or not, they still havent given any official word and people have been asking for several months

Good job there but what about those botters, rlly 13 botters baned in orsha yesterday? 13??! Im really lossing my hope of IMC doing something agains bots…

1 Like

They did announced that though.

However, we are sternly against add-ons that allow abnormal gameplay such as being able to use NPC stores on a field or an auto-play program. Those are prohibited and its user is liable to be banned.

2 Likes

there is one. Please check announcement more frequently

[quote]
(5. Could you let us know which add-ons are allowed and which aren’t?

We have no plans on restricting add-ons that conveniently display information which can be obtained from external communities or between users.

However, we are sternly against add-ons that allow abnormal gameplay such as being able to use NPC stores on a field or an auto-play program. Those are prohibited and its user is liable to be banned. [/quote]

Ok I see it

Now I wonder how many addon dev got banned. Pretty sure some of them had tried out these commands just to check the validity.

I’m not even sure if I tested this before in dev console, lol.

1 Like

are the Exp Calc and Exp gain viewer add on related on this?these addons do not alter any elements of the gameplay. not like the addons announced by the staff i hope these two addons are not included

it would be extremely helpful if you could go into much greater detail about what is acceptable, and what is not acceptable.

for example “addons that change gameplay” is extremely vague.
i’m sure that it has a specific meaning to -you- (IMC) in how you interpret it, but due to the possible breadth of the subject, it would be very helpful to have your definition laid out explicitly.

do you mean “any mod that changes -anything-”?
…that would mean literally every mod ever is banned. that’s the whole point. “mod” is just a short name for “modification”, and if they didn’t modify -something-, then there wouldn’t be a reason to use them at all.

do you mean “any mod that allows you to play the game in ways which were not intended” ?
…i am sure every “legit” player would agree that this is a reasonable start to a definition. if an unmodified client can’t access “Repair” etc away from the NPC, then a modified client shouldn’t be allowed to either.

or do you mean something else?
the majority of us would be quite happy to follow the rules, but you’re making it hard to do that if you only make vague gestures in the general direction of the problem.

9 Likes

Can’t common sense tell you an addon labeled “auto pot” or “remote npc” is illegal? There is your problem right there.

13 Likes

good way, but
Make a addons white list!

need a special forum category and give aproved badge to “good” addons.

u loose all online now, what next?

7 Likes

AGREE , there’s a GOOD and BAD addons so make a legit list

1 Like

“3462 had been previously restricted and will now be banned permanently” Wow. 3500 guys? How did they get banned even before this exploit came up?

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John

the problem is that you guys are too vague with what is allowed and not,

I think posting a list of allowed existing addons and those not allowed would do great things and stop people from wrongly interpreting things

3 Likes

For someone who had used the addon manager and installed ALL the addons, who then found out that one of it is a bannable exploit and had it uninstalled immediately.
If I am banned for this, I am never coming back to this game.

1 Like