Tree of Savior Forum

Accounts banned for UI addon use

You need to know you are the 1% among brainless player still around in tree of savior… That too simple identify.

IMC still monitor, dont use too much of UI addon as of now since we will leak to ban issue…
All addon still not in whitelist yet… Use on your own risk

1 Like

so your ever-vigilant eyes banned 12 bots and 1 gold seller in orsha yesterday? Maybe you are going to need a few thousands of them…

They will be dealt with soon.

10 Likes

Thanks thats all what I needed a little of justice hope <3

We’re not talking here about “friendly” addon, if you didn’t understand what IMC was talking about here a detailed post:

@STAFF_John
It seems some people on Reddit got wrongly banned, I hope you didn’t ban anyone who used addons from the same addon dev who made you upset.

1 Like

Yes i understand CXaddon which heavily alter the game contents but even that friendly UI addon still not yet in the white-list so we got to use it at risk still, unless IMC mention.
And also some my friends banned by using simple addons like exp view only, so do some read first…
IMC ban you is like frying an egg and un-ban you with compensation like joke of the day…

Let’s see whose gonna survive and live after the maintenance :eye:

Rip, less people in towns yay.

is this some kind of a proverb, cause I dont get it.

I’m using exp viewer and I didn’t get banned.

Anyway, tell your friends to send a ticket, that’s what IMC posted in their initial message in case you were wrongly banned. Mistakes happen.

Edit
When it’s Blizzard who ban, you’re banned for life and can’t even make a new account after sometime. Even if you’re first time offense: https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/03/overwatch-perma-bans-really-are-permanent/

1 Like

Yea i told them to sent ticket to IMC, now they waiting for compensation to them…

1 Like

Blizzard is copying that same ban technique that SecondLife has been using for several years:

• Ban Account ID
  • Ban Email associated to account
  • Ban IP address
  • Ban Network adapter MAC address
  • Ban Hard Drive volume label number

Really no way around that, unless you format your hard drives and replace your network adapter and all sorts of other stuff

As far as I’m concerned the only real add-ons that IMC personally approved are exp viewer and map fog viewer (you can find their post at excrulon’s page). IMC doesn’t know anything about the rest that came after that which makes it in the hazard zone just use it at your own risk or delete it.

As for the ones who tested the stated illegal add-ons (atleast the people I know) and the ones using other add-ons, none of them are banned.

@STAFF_John

Another problem I have are the ones editing the user.xml file specifically the ones increasing their zoom out vision (also including the zoomy add-on). Look I know there is a limit to how much the game can render in the distance around your character but the space below your character (which normally has a smaller vision compared to the top) and other terrain related vision cannot be seen by the ones that don’t edit the file but is still rendered because its near your character.
tldr they can see you, but you can’t see them (duel an archer who has the file edited you will see the difference).

Can you guys please find a way so the people can’t edit this file anymore and make the ones that affect the quality of the game (UseEffectHigh , language, etc) an option.

EDIT: this was meant to be a reply to the thread don’t know why I clicked you.

why do u even use add ons haha just play vanilla TOS then there will be no problemo.

we need a whitelist of addons, all addons are ilegal?

Honestly I’d prefer if they simply didn’t allow any 3rd party add-ons but instead add the “good” add-ons directly to the game, maybe give the add-on devs some compensation for the effort.

Add-ons can always be trouble, starting at “patcher doesn’t work anymore”, but there are some really cool things that should simply be added to the game like being able to view XP received and a better collection UI.

Good work. It’s a shame how some people abused the addon system to engage in various forms of blatant cheating. The way there were only 994 first timers out of 5607 accounts makes it clear what we’re dealing with.

Every major banwave in every game gets a bunch of guys swearing they were innocent when they used every cheat they could find.

For testers, having a history of reporting issues to IMC will help.

Extreme zooming in and out produces some cool screenshots, so how about giving the game a built-in unlimited zoom feature, like pressing a button to go into telescope mode (and you can’t move or attack while using it)? Then they could enforce limits while reading in user.xml to prevent getting an advantage in combat.

Formatting hardrive didn’t work either, yeah some did tried and even bought again the game XD

@STAFF_Ines
Reddid feedback: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4o0icw/abusive_addon_users_banned/

@vash665_trigun
Only one who abuse system.

We have no plans on restricting add-ons that conveniently
display information which can be obtained from external communities or
between users.
However, we are sternly against add-ons that allow abnormal gameplay
such as being able to use NPC stores on a field or an auto-play program.
Those are prohibited and its user is liable to be banned.

It’s ok just use bot again to level up fast… but i’ll be around to report everyone who bots this game… so i’ll see you around.