Tree of Savior Forum

About Chronomancer

Chrono is a very good class, perhaps the most viable wizard class going into the current rank 8 and beyond. Good classes to combo were already mentioned, where linker2 and cryo3 are popular choices. I have a cryo1-linker2-chrono3-enchanter myself, things are fine, though I regret taking cryo1 instead of pyro1.

If you want to cheese the early game, wiz3-linker1 is a good combo because magic missiles and links obliterate everything.

If you’re interested in the late game though, this combo stops being so effective…for now…so resigning yourself to full support might be a better option. But honestly chrono remains one of the best support classes in the game, just not very good solo. I guarantee you however that even if you intend to play solo, as a chrono you will not find it difficult to get into a party…and you WILL want to get into a party.

Good luck!

Wiz1 cryo3 chrono3 is pretty well loved by people.
Wiz1 cryo1 linker 2 chrono3 if you’re a masochist since it’s hard to solo but provides a lot of support.

Hi, I’m currently level 67 wiz1>pyro1>link1. I was planning to go for Yolomancer suggested by @notreallysirhamfist. I am enjoying it and just like he said it’s so smooth to level with even though my CON were 89 and 34 INT.

I’m asking if this build would still viable until late game? I’m so sorry if I have too many questions, it’s just that I don’t want to regret on late game with this build. I can’t just re-roll due to limited time (have studies to do :v)

If you guys have suggestions please don’t hesitate to say. I would love to read it.

I’m a bit doubting about picking thaumaturge c1. The only reason I see that useful is to get the transpose for easier solo leveling. I would suggest going with linker 2 or 3 instead unless you are planning on going solo most of the time. Chronomancer is a support. Even if you pick thauma for some damage boost your damage as a chrono is going to be neglectable late game.

But play whatever you think will be fun.

Pyro > Linker 2 > Chrono 3. Easier to solo and VERY good overall.

Wiz 3 is not as good when compared to elemental necklaces, have to be recast all the time and makes you lose 1 Linker circle, which will always be more important as you are a SUPPORT character.

Linker C1 is good, but not as good as C2+, especialy if you don’t have Wiz 3.

No thauma > chrono.

I agree with sylphid. I plan to take only 1 circle of thauma in my other build. Then what this guy said actually made me realised not to take thauma just for a filler (ignore rank 7 thing)

The reason why u can still enjoy this build because pyro skills damage is good on early level, while after u reach certain level, the damage will fall off (unless u have agni necklace which only god knows when it will be released on iTos). When this happen, the build that u follow, will make u end up as pure support and will be hard for soloing. U have choice of reroll as cyro3-chrono3 or as most people said here, try to go pyro-link2 route or pyro2-link.

And also that skill allocation for chrono 3, i’m not sure is backmasking worth to put 5 points on it since some people only put 1 point. Maybe an experienced chrono can explain?

Pyro is strong with Agni necklace, even Pyro 1 for FG/FB level 5 ain’t so bad IF you have very high matk (which you’d need as Elememe anyways)

I see… I’m gonna go for Wiz1>Pyro1>Link2>Chrono3 then. How about my stats, should I pump more of con or switch to int?

so does transpose not work the same as swash buckling? when you refresh SB you don’t reset the bonus 25% hp you get as long as you don’t let the buff fall off.

For stats I would recommend going almost full con with something like 100~ int. Basically a ratio of about 4:1, but you can prioritize int at the lower levels for some faster leveling.

I considered linker 2 for a long time before picking thaum. The problem i had with linker 2 is it doesn’t actually do much unless you’re in an organized group, the exact same issue linker 3 has.

Linker 2 gives you 3 extra targets on joint which is great but that’s about all it does in random groups. Spritual chain is actually a really problematic skill because of the dumb restrictions of the buff 1 bar. If you use it in random groups you’re going to be having important buffs knocked off your party by mostly mediocre/useless self buffs.

In a organized group spiritual chain is fantastic and so is lifeline, but in a random group spiritual chain actually a hinderance a large portion of the time.

1 Like

You got a point, but late game grouping is necessary in order to do pretty much anything, and I would argue that joint penalty/hangman’s knot alone gives way better support to the party than thauma’s swell left arm/transpose - Even if the party is really unorganized.

Thamuaturge is by no stretch a terrible choice but if you want to go thaumaturge I’d suggest going c2 to get the most out of it.

I already mention this above, but seems no one answered yet. So, does anyone know if it’s worth it to allocate 5 points on backmasking? Or 1 point only is enough? And why?

1 Point is enough. There is no real benefit of increasing the range of it, as it is already really big at level 1. The skill is basically a very expensive ressurection that you won’t be using too often so there is no point in wasting levels at it when there are multiple different skills that you gain much more from leveling.

I see. So where to put the rest of skill points then? Is it better on slow/stop?

Depends on if you want to pvp at all, or if you are purely going pve. I’d say use this as a base, and put the remaining points in stop/slow as you prefer. If you are planning on doing some pvp you could consider skipping 5 or so points in quicken and put it on stop/slow.

And about stop and slow, there’s no point in half assing it and putting 50/50 in my opinion. Either put slow at level 1 for the attribute bonuses and the rest in stop, or max slow and put any remaining points on stop. Slow isn’t really that usefull if it isn’t maxed (or very close to).

Edit: forgot to save build ._. http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/a3j6ffmquk/

Im actually pretty skeptical about the value of quicken. With the base dmg meta normal atks arent worth much anymore.
All it will do is take up a rank 1 buff, and quicken definitely doesnt rank among the top tier rank 1 buffs anymore.

Kind of agree with you there. Altough I would say it can be useful in certain situations, such as when killing things that only dake 1 damage from everything. And for the crit rate of course. 25% crit rate is still very valuable in the meta.

Do I need to add SPR on chrono? (Not regarding SP issues but more about resistances)

No, I wouldn’t recommend putting a single point in SPR. In case you want high survivability it’s much more efficient to put lots of points in CON since that will affect both physical and magical damage you take.