Tree of Savior Forum

About Character Slots System

I’ll start to reply with “Please refer to my other responses” I don’t want to waste arguments with things that is not already in this post.

Ok.

Let’s just imagine for a moment that Tree of Savior had 100 character slots. All of them are unlocked by default.

For a player such as yourself, it means that the possibilities are truly endless. You could have 20 characters of each base class. 20 attempts at testing out different builds. Five times.

For other players, if they can stick to one build and one gear set that can consistently get them cm6 clears on pre-ep12 maps (roughly 1m in raw silver per clear), then they can just account share that one set of gear and end up with over 100m per day. Let’s not even mention all the Blessed Shards, Nucle Powder, and Planiums this would get them on top of the raw silver.

Some players are already doing something like this, but what’s limiting their potential silver gain? Would you like to take a guess?

There was a thread about this in 2016, I’m one of the FEW that was protesting about the character slots but IMC brushed it off saying that the pets helps you level your team so its essentially a TEAM member like a character that has to be leveled up.

Now, instead of waiting for a miracle to happen I just saved up for a week and bought 3 character slots with the 100 cc I purchased and I got over my problems early … 2016 … now its 2020 thats 4 years off my mind about the problem XDDD …

Sadly you didn’t get the few character slots events that they DID give away … I think there’s a total of 2-3 of them …

I’m not sure why you’re telling me this.

Thats a little nonsense.

No one ever told me how many event they made, so i wasn’t sure, thanks for the information. But I can’t save money for the game right now, I will for costumes not character slots, that’s how I support what I love, with the right things.

it was for Ichigo ahaha XDD

I kinda understand what you mean but again. Character slots are not the only way to the company to get money, you asked for a RPG example for “more then one character slot” … Well Ragnarok, had 12 or 15 (dont remember right now) …
“Oh but RO is a old game and that’s why he is done for” - You could say…
Well for that I present you another exemple … Path of Exile is FREE, it has no P2Win (Even if you talk about storage expansion that is not really a game changing concept, and also does not limit your creativity, ToS also has a storage limit unless you are willing to spend) concept, and ONLY gains money from Cosmetics, also you can make like 20~30 characters without being full in the account.

Again, I completely understand that the company needs to make money for development costs and all that, but I find that doing that by character slots is kinda sad. Also just telling everyone that you should pay for the game is kinda condescending, not all people have money to spare, and for the people that said “yous should be working to get more money instead of playing a game” I pity you, like really, the person dont have money so he can’t have fun in a FREE game? What the …

3 Likes

:thinking: i dont think that i ever show any disrespect for any f2p players, i still respect everyone even if they are young or old, f2p or p2w.
only kind of person i don’t like is those with “greed”, “laziness” and “jelously” as you saw above, my only disrespect is against ignitor, who had all of those :haha: the guy who keep asking for “free” gears, and days after days ranting on forum about how unfair the game is when people are just better than him :man_shrugging: infact, he has been using all free gear and did not farm any decent gear on his own, which is not that hard to do, but he choosed not to do :man_shrugging:
about the free to play part, like someone have explained above, “free to play” does not mean “free to do whatever i want”. players are free to grow every character they want, free to create new accounts, free to join any event, and there is no power gap between p2w and f2p players (there is nothing “untouchable” without spending real monney), that’s fair to play for me.
personally i dont like the pet taking character slot thing too, but i’m ok with character slot limit, cause the game does not limit you from the start already, you can make some characters, some pets etc, BUT, when you want to make a whole squad under your name, that’s when they draw a line, that’s their way to do it, and they probally not making much monney from it either. The whole point of character limit is “preventing players from spamming dailies on too many characters”, which should be gated for good, if not everyone will make many characters just to do daily :man_shrugging: i know that is not 100% ammount of players, but who can be sure. We all have fun with the game we play. Maybe one day if he like the game and actually enjoy it like me and some others, i hope he will understand as well.

i think you are confusing ppl, cause these ppl want to make new characters for tryig class builds, so they can make as many as they want. nothing wrong with that, but they want char slot for free, that’s a no no.
just want to point out that the char slot is not free, and it should not be free as well.
also, some bad words against ignitor, as usual

Please refer to my older comments both of you

Thanks, you’re giving One of my arguments, really appreciate it. They don’t try do understand, they don’t even want it, hoping everyone that said they would help me here to appear.

All you said, makes no sense at all

This has been requested for a long time by the community but nothing has been done about it. You are not the first. Character slots were handed out a few times so far in the likes of events. Once again, if you miss those events you have to wait for it to come again.

So if i were to know I have a disadvantage in character slots, perhaps i have to avoid the class? Or rather i have to weigh in the options if the extra character slot required for these mounted/pet class are really worth it.

in the end, it is the player’s choice if IMC doesn’t want to change it. You pick your own poison

1 Like

Don’t need the full char slots. I said that before. Just 9-10.

what kind of “power” that whales can get but normal players can’t get ? OP gear can be farmed, special ichors can be farmed, onlything that limited by monney is “grow speed” and “cosmetic”, whales only make it quicker. By just doing dailies in 3 months (with 3 characters, CM, dungeon, gem feud, selling powders, blessed gems and so on), each character can gain 3m on their own, so 9m perday roughly, doesn’t even count extra lucky drop like vaivora. Not counted weekly raids and uphill. so working hard on 3 months and you have 810m :man_shrugging:
and you keep ranting that those ppl “pay to win”, sigh, yourself not even try to farm anything on your own, keep complaining that “my gear is not enough”, sorry i have to say this, your brain is the thing that drag you down. those you called “whales” are the ones that clear velcoffer with masinios gear, clear solmiki wth purple dulahan gear, and yet they also clear legend white crow with velcoffer gear. now you have savinose gear with way more powerful stats, yet you still can’t clear it ? guess why ? cause you never try at all, finding excuse that they are “unbalanced”, “unfair”. yep the only unfair thing is your mindset which is way too lazy to even think how to move forward.
what you are doing in forum just make new players confused about the game, and you are a good example for laziness, greedy, jelously, can’t even count how many times ppl on forum give you advices about your attitue. If you still don’t understand what ppl mean when they tell bad words against you, maybe your junior brain need to grow up abit ? :haha:

Guess we’ll just overlook that OP would rather spend TP on aesthetic items than character slots.

Of course, it’ll be more convenient for them to just say that what I’m saying is nonsense, and that I should refer to their previous posts. It’s okay, OP. I’ve already typed out what you’d say for you. Wouldn’t want to waste your time.

It’s disgusting that you took the time to type this line out.

They’re definitely accurate comments.

1 Like

Whatever the case, “there aren’t enough default character slots because I want to try every class” seems to be the issue of only a handful of players. It’s not necessary to have multiple characters to play Tree of Savior. It’s something that they want but not something that the devs need to address just because they want it.

If they want more character slots, they can pay with cash or get them from events. If then don’t want more character slots enough to want to buy them, then they don’t buy them. If they aren’t around to get slot vouchers from events, then tough luck; not many opportunities wait.

I can’t see what else needs to be discussed.