Tree of Savior Forum

About bringing RNG to the cash shop

+/- 90% of max achievable is good enough for me. I’m not too much of a sucker to stats.
Imagine the DPS of a Corsair or a Physical Cleric could do with a +400 Atk + all self buffs.

p.s. Look on the bright side…at least its not +450 critical rate.

I think the amount of critical rate you could get is pretty high too…

Lol that is quite interesting …to me at least haha… I wonder what combinations can be made then… But back to on-topic… well 3 slots will be a lot of work with RNG…:confused: Thank god they didn’t include armbands.

Is it confirmed btw that you can get the same stat on the same item more than once?

Here wear 3 head accessories at once very cute though.
http://imgur.com/FWOO63T

1 Like

:sweat:
As in how much?
A max DEX swordie would gets roughly 360 CR on the calculator on Level 280.
Archer around 420 CR.
Anything above 200 CR for 3 hair ornaments combined is considered as crazy…

Screen shot above shows 2 of the same stats

I re-checked the screenie, they are not the same. the second char after the square brackets is different. I would paste the actual chars but I’m feeling lazy right now

1 Like

Oh ya…my bad~
20 characters

[quote=“shyangyuan, post:48, topic:131842, full:true”]
Oh ya…my bad~20 characters
[/quote]Yep, they are similar but still different:
holy att 22
lightning att 27
poison att 22

I’d rather have enchants that are hard to obtain through missions/quests/bosses/recipes because it actually resolves around playing the game. Just sitting there and using scrolls with terrible RNG is just a bad mechanic imo -cough-Maplestory-cough-.
Having to do map-missions for a chance to get a good enchant or randomly dropping it from a world boss looks so much nicer and more rewarding. Maybe we could even get some specific hidden quests that reward basic enchants for your character that, at first, have the purpose of introducing enchantments to low lvl players, and then, at mid lvls, to get your character going with some okay enchants to help you get through the Game and get started with end-game content.
I’d love to see this implemented in the International server instead.
And about the scrolls being added to the cash shop, I don’t like it at all and I don’t really see why they were, depending on the chances of the Scroll, if it’s really hard to drop/hard to get a good enchant out of it I’d call it really P2W, I can already see kToS being the kind of game you start out, buy $10 and get millions of money out of it and never have to worry about money ever again

3 Likes

The cash shop is the only place for RNG.

So, let me get this straight:

There are three headgear pieces you can awaken: two top pieces and one middle.
Each awakened piece can have three enchants.
So that’s nine enchants total.

And it’s completely RNG, so you have to keep using scrolls until you get the right stats.

Not sure how significant the stats you get are, but this sounds like P2W already.
I know Maplestory had a similar system like this, and it was really terrible.
This better not be in the international server.

3 Likes

This is a clearly example of a fanboy/fartbucks/selfish player, shame!..and yet there are people who care about a balanced game, both for premium players when not premium … although you faithfully represents a good portion of people who support oddities in the game.

I have a bad feeling about this before. RNG stuff what make an Asia MMORPG broken. Look at my thread

1. [Alchemist] Really Hate RNG with random stat on my equipment
  2. Remove RNG/Random stat thing to this game
    I think we need to stop this right now.
1 Like

I’m selfish, I assure you I don’t care either way.

Really terrible idea and execution IMO.

It’s unrelated to the gameplay…it’s about “can you afford gambling in the cashshop enough to get enough extra stats that they become relevant”.

But even if it was NOT in the cashshop, but rather exclusively a rare boss-drop or such…while that would turn it from “re-roll 2303435 times” to “lol i got lucky with it once” (just fun RNG)… it would still be a random out of place idea. Why headgears? (some people prefer not to cover their faces in 3 separate cosmetic items, especially not for competitive purposes), why a varying number of stats? why is it about actual extra stats in the first place?

Meh… they should focus on figuring out ways to make the token more worthwhile or something, instead of adding random AF RNG stuff to the cashshop.

3 Likes

Yep, that seems really too close to P2W to me.
Dungeons can’t be farmed (since there is a day limit) and even if they dropped all the time (and i’m quite sure they won’t) there is still the whole rng aspect over multiple enchantments.
If they’re already doing things like these so shortly after the launch, my expectations for the future can’t be much positive.

I’ll just have to hope they’ll manage things differently for the international release.

2 Likes

There is a probability close to 100% that they wont drop all the time. The reason is Talt.

2 Likes

This game getting worse. Ok im enough, i will quit, i will not follow this game anymore, i’d rather to go back playing final fantasy XIV.

For all of you who protect and like this RNG ■■■■, well then eat that. I will not buy that. You will feel the deppression feeling later. Trust me. I know enchancement is not an obligation, BUT! You all must be enchancement your item either can be good or bad. I will not try it. AND all of you must be complain about how easy this game, BECAUSE of you nasty enchancement, and how about us who dont want to RNG stat on my equipment? my char become ■■■■.

Seriously guys, before alchemist RNG awakening update and this costume awakening update, I LIKE THIS GAME. WHY? because there is more feature you can accomplished and enjoy. You want to have extra stats / skill poin than any other player? YES you can have until 5 maybe more than any other player, BUT YOU HAVE TO CLEAR HIDDEN QUEST IN THIS GAME!! NOT gambling bring your weapon to alchemist and awakening like crazy until you get maximum stat / 90% of maximum stat (in stat you like, not 100INT on your sword). and thats not finish. Before you must get weapon 8 STAR (which is not problem to me). after that you throw money to have maximum optional in your costume.

Suppose costume can have maximal 5 optional that can be stat / sus stat. you swordman have to gwt 50 dex 50 dex 50 dex 50 dex 50 dex. But no, you cannot get that stat until you throw billion money to developer!! you just get 2 optional that include 10 int and 11 holy resist.

Im enough, im really angry, you guys just play this game and have fun. I will not touch this game. Maybe im just waiting for black desert online. see ya~

2 Likes

enchancement system is a made up from asian/korean mmorpg to us because what? lack of innovation and lazy feature addition. You who protect about enchancement system with RNG, not know anything about MMO. i played MMO from 2003 until now… im 24 right now.

2 Likes

It’s not im against RNG. Of course mmo need RNG, in obtaining high grade weapon, boss card, your damage is RNG too, cause your weapon have minimal and maximal damage. but not like this.

OK i give my idea.

Enchanting require all player to go to dungeon to clear all wave of mobs and boss. After several minutes you just get item with stat that you’re not satisfied. This will piss me off.

Ok i know some of you like gamble. But how about this. If you want to get vit stat you must sacrifice some monster card that looks like have a lot of blood, something like that.If you want to get int stat you must sacrifice some monster card magic type. How about the value range? Well, consider if you want to get max stat you have to finished all wave of monster, and when someone just finished 50% wave monster, they just get 50% of max value stat addition.

I think something like that is better than you have to feel depressed to repeating enchancement to get what stat you want. Besides alchemist will become the richest profession with that feature…

and about costume please just have fixed stat with you mix it for something drop from monster. Like if you want to have 3 optional stat in your costume, you must bring your costume to NPC, and do a mission, and gather drop from hard monster. after that you get FIX stat not random. developer can think about it for player to pay real cash to.

As i thought free to play is more heavy money than subcription game / buy to play game. Developer just cover it because player who like this is blind and cannot see it, you just consumed by greed developer.

Try another game like elder scroll online, black desert, ff14, you will see the difference and know what game is worth to sped your time.

2 Likes