Tree of Savior Forum

About blue mobs

I think blues are great in their concept, but the difference now is so huge that it’s needed to level at a viable rate, and I’m talking about a full time player. When you go to very crowded areas you have much more difficulty.

I just believe we need to make the difference smaller. Much smaller. So that killing a blue is nice, but you can still enjoy the game without it.

1 Like

Blue mobs don’t really add anything, if they want to reward players for grinding in the same spot then make it a direct reward rather than a mob that can be killed by just anyone who happens to be there.

I really like blue mobs c:

facepalm at this thread

3 Likes

Cut their EXP reward by 25% (50% is a bit much), triple their HP, triple their Move SPD, and make them run around in an attempt to escape from the player when their HP hits 50% (Similar to what normal mobs do when their HP is low).

Fun fun.

Blue mobs are a great idea, it gives players a chance to either spend time hunting for a blue mob, which has a very low spawn chance for a burst of xp, which may not even pay off.
Or you can take the trusted exp route of grinding which will always give you constant xp.
But you know complaining other people might level up faster then you because they might get lucky is a much better idea.

As people said - everybody got the same chances to find one…just grind and grind and grind and eventually encounter one too. I don’t mind if they remove them or lower their exp or whatever or if they stay the same.

for what i remember in party of 5 at lvl 32 i get 19k++ exp, wonder how much will i get if i solo the blue mobs :grin:

Nah, you’re not the only one. I really, really detest ‘luck factor’ in a multiple players game. Well, realistically speaking, we can’t really eliminate all of them but, why purposely add them? It just feel discouraging when someone, or even yourself earn something by sheer luck while other/you make effort to do the same.

Most stuff is based on RNG - somebody farms a boss 1 year long and doesn get what he wants - one guy hits it and drops it after one kill. RNG boyz RNG - that’s how everything in our universe works xD RNG to not get hit by a huge meteorite - joking joking xD

1 Like

I think you guys are making a big fuss out of this. Like sephi4321 said,it’s all RNG based.And this feat it’s not that broken,I mean,it’s not gamebreaker,we all will reach max lvl eventually and as in every MMORPG,someone will reach there faster than you.

You won’t whine if someone gets a top tier equipment or card that allows them to grind faster,or get more exp,or better items.Blue mobs are not cash shop or limited edition,everyone can kill them,the more you play,the more you will kill.

Yes,in a short time someone will figure out their spawn rates and locations and then everyone will have the same information,no one will get an edge.

Just sayin’…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s about making a big fuss just for the fun of it.
We’re trying to look a bit further than just “They’re cool! it’s a nice xp boost!” opinion and anticipate what problem could eventually arise. For example it could create a meta where people will prefer to solo because they don’t want share the xp of the blue mob, or they would prefer to party with a chronomancer to rewind it (maybe?)
A simple “what if” the blue mob gave actually 10x times (or 100x) more, and try to see if it’s still not a problem for you (simple mind exercise)
But well it’s only suppositions and like a lot of people suggested, I think toning down the boost a bit should suffice to resolve any future problems…

Still not a problem. Again,everyone wants to reach max lvl,everyone has the same chances to find and kill a blue mob,what problems can come for that?

People will stop “playing” the game just to hunt for exp?What kind of players are that?And even if some people do that,I don’t see how that affects my game experience.Plus,there are plenty of areas and channels to hunt blue mobs if that’s what people really want.

I really don’t get it,sorry.Maybe I’m missing something or being obtuse,but from what i’ve read so far,I can’t grasp your worries and problems.

You already mentioned an important part tho - Chronomancer will have a use in PvE parties (if blue mobs reappear as blue ones)! Imagine Blue Mobs completly dissapear or arent worth a whole talent/skill anymore? If you go for Alchemist you most likely sacrificed a whole circle just because of the reincarnate skill being less to none beneficial. I think such Mobs being a good enough reason for such “fun classes” to “shine”. WHat else we have for a circle 1 chronomancer? Quicken? Hmm Auto Attacks are anything but powerful in this game (Barbs are getting nerfed to the ground in terms of AAs so the combo of a Doppelsöldner/Chronomancer grind party is already nerfed) Stop skill? You stop the time around you but Monsters cannot recieve any damage - oh ya…super situational. And Slow - slowing down an enemy…oh ya cool enemies arent mindless enough lets slow them down even more xD - might have a slight use in PvP but thats it. So Circle 1 Chronomancer are left with? Yup reincarnate their only skill to really shine in PvE One skill to sacrifice a super useful sorcerer or 3rd powerful circle of Psychos or Linker. At least let them have this one cute blue mob to shine a little bit xD

1. Chronomancer Reincarnation doesn’t respawn a guaranteed blue mob. Each mob that is spawned can be either normal, white, blue, yellow or gold. If you do get a blue after killing a blue; you actually hit a double jackpot. So the meta situation is not going to happen.

2. If you want to fully benefit from a blue mob; you will actually need a Thaumaturge and also a class that can overkill it. Thaumaturge increase size debuff will increase exp gained by 200% and an overkill will further increase the exp gained by 220%. In most cases; classes that can overkill a mob with x2 of its original HP (due to size debuff) will be Paladin smite or Archer’s OP single target damage. You need other classes to fully benefit from blue mobs.

3. It’s actually easier to grind for a blue mob in party than solo. The faster you kill; the faster the spawn rate is. The more spawn rate there is on the map; the better chance you have in spawning a shiny mob. You can get lucky spotting a blue mob but most of the time the blue mob spawn at places where there are high respawn rate (crowded grinding spots). You will need a party of your own to compete for the blue mob. In rare cases; the blue mobs spawn in some secluded spot and you manage to find it while randomly loitering around but most of the time it will not be the case.

4. There is an easier to grind for blue mobs; which is to use Call of The Deities (oracle spell transcribed to a scroll by a pardoner) scroll. A level 15 scroll will spawn 31 mobs at one use. Although you can solo farm; taking out 31 mobs instantaneously is hard for any classes and if you are slow people will KS your mobs or worst; your blue. In this scenario; you will still prefer to be in party. It’s much faster to clear 40 scrolls (31 mobs each) in a party and you will actually gain more exp in party than solo due to clearing speed.

3 Likes

soooo main point is, current blue mob is not a problem to the game if you actually read the above comment~

EDIT: unless you really want a boring way to play a game sure, remove the blue mobs and see how well it goes~ =,=

It’s only hypothetical scenarios, since I don’t know much about the overall balance and class mechanics…
But nothing wrong with trying to anticipate future problems or eventual exploits.
Seing your answers, I don’t think it could cause anything major though. Maybe except my concern about the server start rush (but it’s not even proven, and most likely well programmed)
The future will tell us though :smile:

Wow, how do you know all these mechanics…
Edit: nvm, just read what you wrote

That’s not really a valid argument though, I’m pretty sure you will always find some people to do what you don’t expect and find exploit where you think everything’s fine.
And it’s not because it’s not affecting you personnaly that it will not affect some other people. For example botting doesn’t really affect me, but some people really care. And I’m pretty sure people usually prefer having a “fair” game environment and usually react badly to cheat and exploit (the developper usually too)

being playing the game for a while in korean server lol