Tree of Savior Forum

A way to make iTOS use new JTOS voices?

The very first link you posted on this discussion.

I kind of expected it because game patches is supposed to check the files.

So no one has been able to make the new JP sounds work on iTOS, huh.

This method doesn’t work anyway. I uploaded a repacked version later (which doesn’t work either).

ok I made it work, will upload the files soon.
Your thinking wasn’t wrong, you just didn’t knew how to manipulate the files.

Oh, amazing!

I’ll eagerly keep checking this thread then, thanks a lot!

Also i am thinking in make a petition to IMC to officially add them when i discover how to add a poll into a post.

These new voices have R8 skill names so they should be added to the game.

ipf files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nk0bQZAMuvSVrN5xg4odolzbIfdWKzA-

how it’s done:
・Got ./TreeOfSavior/data/sound.ipf from JToS and put in place of IToS’s
・Got @atari’s sound.ipf.rar and put It’s content inside ./TreeOfSavior/patch/149666_001001.ipf
・Change ./TreeOfSavior/release/user.xml line containing Language="" to Language=“Japanese”

I’m nearly sure that they won’t ban people who uses this due to violation of terms of service, I usually edit files in lots of games and was never banned for editing sounds and textures.
Enjoy :kissing_heart:

Edit 2017/may/08 :
I came back because of the free costume

and updated the file on the link above, in case someone is still interested in it. It will probably break again soon, probably next week day 16.
if it breaks next week I’ll fix it again.

23 Likes

at last someone post the new japanese sound file as patch file
Just as keikaku XD

So i just have to download the files and replace on TOS folder? (since i already have the user.xml to japanese)

Amazing! Thanks a lot!

yes, just replace.
If it doesn’t work just tell me (It’s working here).

1 Like

put the file on “patch” folder
don’t forget to backup your old file

you don’t need to backup, just delete the new file and the patcher should download the original one.

Just added them.

It works PERFECT! Thank you!!!

What i like about these new voices is that they included R5+ and hidden class skill names.

I hope IMC adds them officially.

1 Like

I guess it’s the opposite: sound file in data folder was self-sufficient, but it takes new voices from the patch folder. (patch file contains new voices which override the old ones)

@_Yuki So, you need both .ipf files. Good work. As I said, I was too lazy to test anything,

@WindyAutumn can I have the honour of having my post marked as solution? :persevere:
so new people who wasn’t following the thread can find it easier.

1 Like

Sure, i’ll mark it.

Just now that you mentioned it i noticed there is a “marked as solution” button.

1 Like

@WindyAutumn Thanks :blush:

You never know. They could give you a seven day ban and you’ll embarrass yourself. For all we could the next cash shop update could include voice packs for $15 and it’s just the same file.

4 Likes

But that’s not the case right now.

What this does is simply update the already existing japanese voice files that IMC hasn’t updated yet.

1 Like

SovietHammer still in the game and was caught cheating on video, no way anyone can get banned for this.

2 Likes

This would count as a mod, something IMC already allows.

You get absolutely no gameplay advantage with this
just like with the other mods.

There are mods like autopotion that IMC considered bannable, but these gave an unfair advantage to the player, unlike this.

1 Like

Question

Is it somehow possible to mix the two voiceovers for the girls? Leave the old Japanese but keep the lines of the new rank 8 skills?