Tree of Savior Forum

A path to Mergen

bump mergen is out ////////////

Iā€™m planning on this actually, already wugushi 2, waiting for some more info, since KR will get rank8 sooner than we will.

Iā€™m only going mergen for the bow enhance attribute. Iā€™m not excited about the skills anymore after I saw the 30 secs cd and sp consumption.

look at this skill, WTF whooping 13k raw damageā€¦

My body is ready :o

Current sneak peak to mergen is:

• 7 skills
  • +30 second cooldowns, one 0 cd
  • +3k skill damage, one 8k (13k lvl 5)
  • requires 2 hand bow
  • 2/3 overheats mostly

Unable to tell if there are T1 modifiers nor how some of the skills work.

Judging by the current informationā€¦ Wugushi, Scout, Fletcher C3 all work with Mergen.

I would also assume that it would be a good idea to get each skill at lvl 1 just for rotation reasons.

This is just my speculations though.

2 Likes

It seems like the 0 cooldown spell for Mergen is single target? In which case it actually complements Scout3 perfectly.

archer 2 ranger 3 SR 1 Mergen ?

But im afraid on this buildā€¦now already r6 falconā€¦just confuse cannoner c2 or mergenā€¦KR tommorow will update r8 just wait for infoā€¦i hope circling can sinergy with mergenā€¦

Btw
Hidden mechanic :
1.Barrage + feint (rogue) =work
2.Skill mergen + feint = ?

DILEMA !!!:grin::sob:

Circling + Mergen = ?

Random skill + Mergen = ?

Hidden interactions are hidden, not much point speculating on them until theyā€™re discovered.

At the beginning Iā€™ve tried Ranger 1 and noticed itā€™s not worth at all late game.

+30 CD? Damn! Thatā€™s too much. x_x

So youā€™d like to be an arrow machine spreading triple arrows pretty much all the time? Donā€™t be silly! That would be insane and dumb.

What I agree with you is about cooldowns! Sadly 30 secs is too much for me. ):

As I can notice all those R8 skills seem to be 30+ secs. So that means they donā€™t want these R8 classes to be overpowered.

Not mentioning the huge damage they actually cause.

30 second cooldown is still good in a way. It makes it easier to adjust skill rotations (and force every skill to be required due to downtime lol).

Itā€™s a little sad that they decided to take out the 0 cd skill and the mega burst, but its fine.

For myself, I feel like I should re-roll into A2 ranger3, rogue/scout, falcon/musket, mergen solely because r8 skills have dumb damage. Of course, C3 scout/wugu/fletcher works as well.

Unfortunately we donā€™t have the skills translated into English yet.

I also have no idea about what skills I should go for.

We do now! Let the theory crafting begin!

Looks like all skills require 2H bow to use, however I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it worked like cannon/musket and allowed you to use the skills on autoswap so youā€™d still be running xbow + mana (or other offhand) main.

Based on the fact that one of the skills looks like it requires you to be mounted, assuming you didnā€™t go SR (not sure why an SR2 would go mergen and not SR3 though) that already eliminates the need for one skills. This leaves the other four. My inclination is max spread shot and homing arrow, 4 points in triple arrow and one in arrow rain. Arrow rain looks to be the weakest and clunkiest of the bunch.

Spread Shot and Homing Arrow both seem really strong and can provide solid aoe damage and can also be used it looks like to shotgun or focus fire on a boss.

1 Like

Just get a penguin pet :wink:

I wouldnā€™t also be surprised and I confess I liked that idea of wearing a 2H Bow because every single person wears a Crossbow+ManaMana or a Dagger. That sucks a lot.

This way weā€™ll probably have a variety of weapons.

Since Iā€™m not a fan of SR I wouldnā€™t go for a companion. =p

I think I might put a point in this skill.

Awesome! Iā€™ll check it out.

Thank you for the info.

Already have one, but it dismounts you as soon as you use a skill, something tells me they wonā€™t let you use that one skills while riding it without having the companion riding attribute. It is really weird they put the skill in though that requires you to be mounted without giving the class a mount attribute, I guess we need to confirm that from kTOS people that it indeed requires you to be mounted (especially when mergen seems like such a poor choice for an SR2 to build into).