Tree of Savior Forum

A path to Mergen

Hello buddies!

I would like to know a build to play Mergen in the future.

I thought it would be good going Archer > Ranger 3 > Fletcher 3 > Mergen.

But people say it definitely not.

Thank you!

i just started an archer :smiley: , my build is Archer>Ranger3>Wugushi3>Mergen (Archer>Ranger2>Wugushi3>Ranger3>Mergen)

2 Likes

You could always QS3, Wugushi 3 and then mergen. So you have that boss killing power, but when it comes to mobs you have mergen.

1 Like

Honestly since Mergen seems to synergize with AOE:

I would think that Archer2>Sapper2>Wugu3 wouldn’t be a bad prelude to it either. Your damage is rather (meh) against bosses if there’s another Wugushi, but in return your AOE potential should honestly rival Wizards.

What’s the difference between Sapper 2 and Ranger 2?

I don’t know exactly the whole thing about Archers in general, I mean in terms of damage. Sapper or Ranger?

It completely depends on what the cooldowns are for Mergen skills, and there is no way to know if Mergen is good for Fletcher because of this.

Judging from the gifs we were given, there are two obvious possibilities. The first one is no cooldown on skills, and the second one is 3+ charges and very long cooldowns. Another possibility is 3+ charges and short cooldowns (like 10 seconds or so), but I don’t think it’ll be like that because it wouldn’t make much sense.

Anyways, in the first case, Mergen wouldn’t be as appealing due to too many skills being 0 cooldown. The second case would be a lot better for Fletcher because they’ll have a better rotation as well as being able to juggle the skills easier due to the cooldowns being long.

In any case. I would be more likely to believe the skills not having no cooldown because Fletcher needs a class at R8 to go into, but the skills having no cooldown would still work.

With that said, Mergen would work with any class at this moment if they are not locked into bows.

I’d rather pick Ranger over Sapper, sapper has knockbacks in most skill which your party wouldn’t like

Sapper 2 the key is broom trap. It is a really good aoe skill to use once every 40secs. I’m too making a mergen, the costume is just too cute to not to make. Have to get my sapper up to cannoneer first though before rerolling another archer.

The whole point of Sapper 2 is broom trap… Actually the whole point of the Sapper class is Broom Trap…

Broom trap gives amazing aoe potential with decent damage.

Ranger 2 does everything what Ranger 1 does with a little bonus of a time bomb skill and +5% damage on steady aim.

@chillcross
Seeing how all their skills hit multiple times for a good amount of damage as well as their homing shot focus fire-ing on one target when there is only one target, I’d say they are also pretty good for single target.

Sapper 2 in late game would be better in terms of leveling up right? “Amazing aoe potential” as you mentioned. As I can notice Ranger 1 and 2 are not that different. :S

I can definitely say Sapper 2 is great for earlier leveling, but not as amazing as it was in the beginning for late game since level 5 broom trap is 330 skill damage + physical attack. Broom trap on average hits a target 45~55 times on one enemy over it’s entire duration, so it’s still a great skill.

I’d believe it’s still good for later, but I personally can’t see why I would waste two ranks specifically for broom trap (most of the other sapper skills aren’t as amazing).

I would ask an actual Sapper 2 above level 240 about their opinion though.

Most people would say ranger 1 or ranger 3 for spiral arrow.

Good to know then. I have no idea if I go for Sapper 2 or Ranger 2.

I’ll search a bit more about it then. I also hope some people find this topic and help me out

Could anyone who plays Archer do these two builds for me to have an idea?

Archer 2 > Sapper 2 > Wugushi 3
Archer 2 > Ranger 2 > Wugushi 3

Thank you!

With only those two choices in mind, I would choose the first one.

For the second one, I’d replace Ranger 2 for another class like Rogue, falconer, r7 classes or even SR1 seeing how Mergen and Wugu can use skills mounted (and keep ranger 1).

1 Like

Thank you in advance.

Would you mind creating build with those two in mind?

So this is my current build but since i saw Mergen what would be good for ranks 6,7 ?

1 Like

Take a look at the replies and statements above to have an idea. Based on some opinions we actually don’t have an idea about what is coming for Mergen in terms of skills’ cooldown.

That’s true :sweat_smile:
/20chars

Does anyone know that Megen skills are SP based or counted as normal AA?

If its AA then surely it work well with QS.

Look at the video, the sp did not reduce… so I might assume it as a AA buff?
:grin:

Or it could be developer tools. Notice how some of the character levels are level 330.