Tree of Savior Forum

A path to Mergen

I am a full strength rogue and I never miss a crit from behind while sneak hit and swift step is active. it is in fact 100% crit rate with them active. If what slygoat is saying is true that the monster cards won’t stack then this will change things a bit. I still don’t see dex being as important as strength though. You should be able to get crit rate from gems to make up for it and be able to crit a good amount of the time with even 1 werewolf card.

Yeah dude but don’t say something like that, we don’t know what build exactly anyone would do.

There’s not a rule.

I don’t want sneak hit. I don’t want PvP.

Sneak hit isn’t for pvp, it’s for pve mostly. I’m just going off what would make the best pve Archer build and Archer2 is a no brainer and Rogue1 is also pretty much a given. Even as of now, those are both pretty much needed to do more damage. Just saying with the werewolf card it will make you be able to go full strength and you’ll be able to crit at all times pretty often. Just because you don’t want something doesn’t mean it won’t be the new meta.

Let’s make it simple enough so that even a monkey understands it :space_invader:

So, Critical Chance != Critical Rate. Critical chance is the absolute percentage that lets you crit and critical rate is a variable that affects it. Now let’s go back to the skills

So no. It doesn’t work as you think it works. There’s also the chance the werewolf card gets nerfed (there’s N ways to do this, like capping the max amount of cards you can hold) so dex and mixed builds are still better than str builds in many archer cases

1 Like

Not to derail the topic but I wanted to say that Zhendu does not work with AoE attacks.

When you hit a bunch of monsters at the same time with Zhendu active, only 1 monster will get poisoned.

I don’t know if this will be changed in the future.

I went A3> Scout>3 Musketeer. Wondering if i should take mergen or musk 2. i do like pvp but i also use bow skills alot since snipe and headshot have decent cooldown and since mergen is getting 2 handed bow damage increase may be worth it haha

if you are going sapper , take c2 , always take c2 , only taking sapper 1 is really a waste of rank

i myself is using this buikd : A1 > Ranger1 > Sapper2 > Rogue1> Falcon1 > Cannoneer (lvl 239 right now) , it’s pretty solid , but very costly on the attribute

Nice. I’m of a similar build but took scout1 instead of falconer1. Currently still leveling to R7 though.

1 Like

I’ll take Sapper 2 in the end.

I don’t want to have problems while leveling 150-175.

Thanks to this class I’m going to be returning once it’s released. That way people who are higher up will have time to play around with it while I level my QS3 to catch up and see what I wanna do. I was going to go A1>QS3>A2>Scout1/Falc1>Musk1. Now I’m not sure for ranks 6 & 7. I may still take a circle of Scout, and I suppose I could go A3 for maximum speed on QS3 plus just some AoE. Musketeer just seems a waste with only 1 circle dedicated to it in the end.

I don’t think Muskeeter 1 is a waste of Rank.

Certainly it will do much more damage in C2.

Muskeeter does a good job IMO.

I meant since I’m taking Mergen. I can’t take C2 Musk if I go Rank 8 Merg. x3

I see.

We are all looking forward to seeing what attributes/CD are coming. :smiley:

IMC should make this class into a metal slug class with QS C3. That could be nice and make grinding parties fun.

Imagine your crossbow being jammed

2 Likes

Maybe Falconer will hit like this when Falcon attacks at the same time, no?

It looks fine to me tbh. As long as you eventually get the Sapper 2.

I believe getting Wugu 2 / Sapper 2 first is purely preference.

1 Like

I have a dream, one when everyone shout for LFM Mergen instead of Ele3.
Imagine a grind party of 4 Mergen and 1 Healer or 3 Mergen, 1 Chrono and 1 Healer. It will be like a party of demon hunters in D3, arrows all over the screen.

I don’t want 4 Mergen in a party. lol

It’s not worth at all.

I prefer BONUS EXP having all different classes together.

why settle for 4 when you can have 7 mergen in party and 5 elememes?

How about this build : Archer c2 - Ranger C1 - Wugushi C3 -Falconer - Mergen ? Maybe one of skill from mergen will sinergy with circling?