Tree of Savior Forum

A path to Mergen

At the beginning I’ve tried Ranger 1 and noticed it’s not worth at all late game.

+30 CD? Damn! That’s too much. x_x

So you’d like to be an arrow machine spreading triple arrows pretty much all the time? Don’t be silly! That would be insane and dumb.

What I agree with you is about cooldowns! Sadly 30 secs is too much for me. ):

As I can notice all those R8 skills seem to be 30+ secs. So that means they don’t want these R8 classes to be overpowered.

Not mentioning the huge damage they actually cause.

30 second cooldown is still good in a way. It makes it easier to adjust skill rotations (and force every skill to be required due to downtime lol).

It’s a little sad that they decided to take out the 0 cd skill and the mega burst, but its fine.

For myself, I feel like I should re-roll into A2 ranger3, rogue/scout, falcon/musket, mergen solely because r8 skills have dumb damage. Of course, C3 scout/wugu/fletcher works as well.

Unfortunately we don’t have the skills translated into English yet.

I also have no idea about what skills I should go for.

We do now! Let the theory crafting begin!

Looks like all skills require 2H bow to use, however I wouldn’t be surprised if it worked like cannon/musket and allowed you to use the skills on autoswap so you’d still be running xbow + mana (or other offhand) main.

Based on the fact that one of the skills looks like it requires you to be mounted, assuming you didn’t go SR (not sure why an SR2 would go mergen and not SR3 though) that already eliminates the need for one skills. This leaves the other four. My inclination is max spread shot and homing arrow, 4 points in triple arrow and one in arrow rain. Arrow rain looks to be the weakest and clunkiest of the bunch.

Spread Shot and Homing Arrow both seem really strong and can provide solid aoe damage and can also be used it looks like to shotgun or focus fire on a boss.

1 Like

Just get a penguin pet :wink:

I wouldn’t also be surprised and I confess I liked that idea of wearing a 2H Bow because every single person wears a Crossbow+ManaMana or a Dagger. That sucks a lot.

This way we’ll probably have a variety of weapons.

Since I’m not a fan of SR I wouldn’t go for a companion. =p

I think I might put a point in this skill.

Awesome! I’ll check it out.

Thank you for the info.

Already have one, but it dismounts you as soon as you use a skill, something tells me they won’t let you use that one skills while riding it without having the companion riding attribute. It is really weird they put the skill in though that requires you to be mounted without giving the class a mount attribute, I guess we need to confirm that from kTOS people that it indeed requires you to be mounted (especially when mergen seems like such a poor choice for an SR2 to build into).

That’s strange. Does it work like that for other classes with the tp pets without the mount attribute?

Sounds pretty bs though.

So is flecthere 3 still good to go mergen? or are there better builds

Mergen fits fletcher c3 even better due to their long cooldowns though you can still choose other things and it’ll work fine as well.

1 Like

IMO the best build for mergen will be idreamy’s scout 3 (archer2-ranger1-scout3-rogue1). Our split arrow will fill the time between mergens long cooldowns and we will have another skill that we can precharge with capture (arrow rain) so we can feint > barrage, double flare shot, double arrow rain, spam our 0cd split arrow, and have the powerful mergen aoe skills and their overheats. People just assume fletcher 3 b/c the majority of players only know about 3 builds; wiz3/ele3/wl1, a2/r1/sc1/f3, and a2/r3/sr2, people only know what was spoonfed to them, there are many strong builds out there that aren’t the fotm.

2 Likes

Depends really. C3 scout has better aoe, fletcher C3 has better bossing, and Wugu C3 can do both well but isn’t the best at either.

Musketeer c2 can be a good r7 + r8 filler for single target + bossing?

arrow rain can be capture?

Yes.
/20captureconfirmations.

No, musketeer is not the way to go for non-PVP content.

Side note: Really disgusted by how much bad/utterly wrong or outdated information is in this thread.

2 Likes

Agreed. Most of it was speculation before the class came out anyways.

Do you guys think the new “Archer Boss Killer” will be SR 3?