Tree of Savior Forum

A Definitive Solution to Bots

Thats not true, Cap N Atcha was desirable, not a annoyance EVER, we actually get annoyed when it didn`t show up as those bonus were great.

This suggestion its realy easy to bypass by programing by making bots have a maximum hits per target and after hiting that ammount they just ‘‘learn’’ this its a decoy…

Captcha has no real way of breaking, as theres no reliable way a program can reproduce human behavior when distinguishing optical illusion and interpretation of signs o-o.

I suppose someone could make a artificial intelligence to simulate human behavior to break ever changing captchas, but that would be so complex that would not be profitable to engage for a online game gold seller, someone with this knowledge would be into real security company dealing with bank and military intelligence hacking/protecting.

And wtf this guys saying it would apply restrictions to gameplay? we have 48 hours to get out money from market, and only 1 item at once, no trade, no possiblity of reseting Cycle pick… are you think we will get frutrated of solving Captcha? LOL that logic.

1 Like

There were both. ; )

Vanic I played this game for 3 years o-o

There was no real bot problem on wakfu for 2 reasons:

1: Cap N Atcha

2: No NPC MARKET, there was no way to convert ANY item into gold on wakfu, the only way was selling via action system to another player, so there was no way to convert bot-hours > gold > $$$.

This 2 things alone ofc wouldn’t make botting impossible, but it DOESN’T NEED to be impossible, it just need not financialy interesting to engage.

This game doesn`t even launched yet and has more problems with bots than Wakfu ever had on its entire existence o-o.

1 Like

Your point being what exactly?

You are right about that. This is also a much bigger game than Wakfu will ever be, because RO was way more successful than Dofus.

It could be two points.

1: I would notice if there was a bot problem

2: you are not being a smart person.

Pick the point sounds better to you.

Exactly what Velvet said. I played it for about a year? Never seen bots farming out on the fields, and if they were, it was extremely discreet and difficult. You still had spammers in towns, but that’s about the extent of the bot problem.

1. Clearly not, sadly. There were less bots, yes, but that is mostly because there was less profit to be had. It had nothing to do with botting being too hard.

2. Well, I don’t even need to prove this one. You’re just making an ass of yourself at this point.

Bots were primarily used for dungeons, though there were some field bots as well.

Than this must mean this game needs EVEN MORE sofisticated and intelligent ways of dealing with bots, opposing ‘‘lets ban them all!’’ (which always failed).

You know what else ALWAYS failed? Capcha based systems. Plenty of games have implemented them, but none of them stopped the bots.

Just think about this for 30 seconds and you’ll understand. If there truly was a way to stop bots, why wouldn’t EVERY company use it? Not only would every company implement these features, but also there would be third parties developing features like this and trying to sell them to major game developers.

1 Like

Well that would make a bit more sense considering you of course still had spammers. However the suggestion may still help detour field bots, which is what most users get annoyed by. At least the field bots on RO were usually programmed to avoid attacking mobs already engaged.

The problem is that currently almost every company uses manned bots, so a capcha based system is fundamentally useless at stopping them. All this would do is inconvenience the actual users an equal amount to the manned botters. Capchas are nothing new in MMOs. I saw them as early as ~10 years ago. They have been steadily proven to not work though, and just generally annoy your legitimate players.

You don`t actually need to prove anything, you just need to get you dialy non-sense disagreement self esteem buff.

I know I attacked you and ‘‘making an ass of myself’’ its accurate.

But i`m just tired of you.

You and every other you there is.

Because there is always you, someone who disagrees with no real reason aside from taking an opportunity to look smarter than someone else.

And yes you don`t need to prove anything, you obviously know more than me who played the game and know exactly how/if there was or was not any problem with bots.

Ofc you do, after all you searched 10 secs on google and noticed theres ONE THREAD, and its talks about SELLING not farming.

The other guy who said there were dungeon was full of ■■■■, there is no way of converting dungeon loot on wakfu to Gold, even if you program a complex enough bot to evaluate the market and sell, it would flood the market, making the system less and less profitable.

Wakfu never had any problem with bots, because they learned from dofus bots.

But unfortunaly ToS didn`t learned from Ragnarok bots, and here we are.

Well on Wakfu Cap’n Atcha gave buffs, extra drops, etc. He was usually more than welcomed by most players, and only a 5 second inconvenience.

I don’t believe a majority of bots I’ve seen are manned and if they are, then they really don’t care when I ask them if they are bots before I report.

I can see your side of the argument but, it could help to a point.

I have a reason. You are incorrect about this being some perfect solution. That’s the reason. You don’t like me because you don’t like your opinion being challenged and are too immature to discuss it.

Right. That must be it. You know so much more than everyone else, including all the AAA developers. Please go be the CEO of Blizzard, because with their billions of dollars even they couldn’t solve the problem of bots.

And here I am saying other verson of the story that Captchas realy do work and games that have it have no drastic problem with bots.

And I also provided a way if would be desirable, not annoying at all.

Amazing hum? we must live in different universes.

That’s a valid point as long as that inconvenience comes at a convenient time. If this happened in the middle of a dungeon or when a party is being swarmed by mobs, this would be a legitimate problem. This could lead to deaths, which leads to losing gems, which leads to losing players frustrated over a system like this.

They probably don’t notice what players say on their screen as they have a lot of clients running at once to monitor. Even if they do see you talking to them, I’m sure they don’t mind at all. They don’t care if they are reported. They don’t care if they are banned. They only care that they are allowed to run tons of accounts to trade silver for real cash. As long as they can go long enough without being banned to get enough silver to make some money, they will keep doing it.

Bring back our friend Grimmy! (Grim Reaper)

But this is a great idea also!

Oh, really? Can you provide examples of games that have capcha systems in place and sources showing that such system failed?

Do you have any way to tell if the majority of bots are manned, or not?

Or you are just… saying this?

Do you have any idea just how many MMOs have tried captcha based systems? I don’t think you do. It’s a lot. They never worked. Ultimately most of them removed the captcha system do to players complaints.