Tree of Savior Forum

1st JTOS thread

I played Ktos on all CBT
I played iTos on all CBT
I started iTos with early access - on Fedimian, cause I have many friends in Europe
They all gave up pretty soon, I gave up too
I took a 2 months break
I hated Fedimian for its absurd ping (it was 300 for me)
I started Varena - sweet ping of 30-40
I know ToS will die in Japan pretty fast, and I know it will live in SEA the most.
So it’s obvious for me where to play, though I live in Japan. Plus I have team level 40 in Varena. In two months or so. I’m satisfied wit iTos.

I played Ktos in all CBT
I Played iToS in all CBT
I starter iToS with early access - on Klaipeda then moved to telsiai
I …I continue playing
still play ktos sometimes, and now jtos? ahahaha
this jtos is more of testing around rather than moving…
not like you can runaway from tos’s bug anyway …since every single version have them lol …so why moving?

Let me give you a warning.
As soon as gold sellers figure out there is a market for them there, they will move after you.
When they become too much of inconvenience for native players, you will be thrown out.

Why play on a different region? You’re going to be doing missions and dailies everyday; it’s going to be the same in the end of the day.

Only difference is you’ll be playing a more up to date version with potentially more bugs. Is it a pro or a con? I suppose that’s up to you to tell me.

There are some other stuff that might attract a group of people, in JToS, the TP shop sell most, if not all, the costumes beside the gacha, same for consumables, i didn’t check the reset pots, i only did a small overlook.

Also, every new player get 1x stat/skill reset pot (permanent ones) and a reset voucher, not sure if it is a temporary event or will be like that for a long time.

Performance is a bit better than ours, less stuttering, but still have some FPS drops.

The latency is situational, i still not sure if it is the VPN service being used that is the cause, or simple my distance or ISP suffering problems, but my latency is double from iToS. For me is not really an issue, but get a bit annoying when your char start to rubber band a few times.

On the other hand, in iToS, i get random crashes, graphical glitches (like the one i posted at the beggining of this thread), random disconnections, rubber banding even tho my latency is around 130ms, not counting the parasites we find in game now: botters, RMTers, etc…

I am only experimenting in JToS, not sure if i will stay there, neither if my experience will be long lived lol.

ToS unfortunately, have retarded parents that are teaching it how to be boring and dumb, no matter what version.

2 Likes

I think with many iToS players going to jToS, a possible IP ban can come out.
And I don’t know if people are stupid enough to pay a vpn to play there or they are?

And I don’t know if people are stupid enough to pay a vpn to play there or they are?

Don’t underestimate their power

I see… :joy:
20jtos

As far as i know, at least some of us here aren’t paying for anything, its a free VPN held by a Japanese University called VPN Gate, just don’t ask for anonymous connection, they do log your activity and they clearly state that any illegal activity will be reported to any authority if seem necessary.

So you’re using a free vpn to play there with pretty much the same ping as iToS.

Really “smart”

Same? I guess only for people that lives in SEA / Oceania. I can see some NAs following the trend too, oh boy.

Sigh, no use converse with people like you, you look only to half or less of the posts and assume that everyone is dumb because there is worse in a part than here.

1 Like

I stated my point only. If you don’t agree is with you.
And yes, I readed the whole thread and I can see some brainless jumping into the hype jtos train.

Asians look at us as a inferior race.

I can see the same from us to them, and from Westerns to Westerns, so what is the deal? Humans feel better belittling others, plain and simple.

To people who want to use the English folder on JToS, i wouldn’t recommend, as you can see bellow, the only thing that would help is the name of the map in the quest tracker, other than that, it cause more issues than solution.

thats what I thought
english doesnt’ work well with JP version lol
it need something extra maybe to really make it work

The world works that way since the begining.
But whatever, is a human issue.

My guess is that there are line numbers in the files related to the text, but it is not coming as it should, maybe due to differences in the line numbers or something lol.

well me im just testing it ive quitted long time ago like 4months - 5months and just lurking in forum and just saw this and got curious about the free vpn program :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway while playing JTOS
i tested you cannot combine VPN + GPN

i only tried
WTFAST since its the only subscription available for me
i think nexon implemented gameguard for it

once i use it i get disconnected from server i get a mssg ID error
while VPN it cannot detected by gameguard

pros:
1 ) there is no gold spammer at starter town orshia & klapedia
2 ) i notice less bots in town and outside map
3 ) ??? dont know anymore stop playing level 36 got bored

cons:
when i check the market no one is selling token which is really bad if you really rely just buying tokens from market using the silver you farmed then you out of luck.

language barrier you will mostly play tree of solo

Applying the English Translation has lot of bugs
item / quest / ui

im from SEA my lowest ping is 80 and playing around to 150ms
when i rebind //ping to emoticon and spam it

I just notice that it was spiking randomly i get 300 ping - 1k 1/10 randomly
maybe because of the free VPN not sure

i highly recommend sticking at ITOS
but for educational purposes you may try this :stuck_out_tongue: and eventually realize you just wasted some time

ahem i kinda grind a bit hahaha got addicted again to TOS because of long hiatus ( got super hype ) then eventually gets bored

anyway
i might try other games like dragon’s dogma online
before i reformat my computer

more of server config related …
at least thats how ktos seems to work
which need to change url, then it doesn’t show nodata anymore, can’t do that for jp version, since if you change the config url, “auth failed” error will show up.

Basically if you guys not really in moonrunes and language barrier, better don’t play JToS.

Ah i see, well as i said before, it is more of a challenge, i’m used to play jRPGs without translation so its sorta fun to find out stuff, but with ToS, at least in my case, i already know most of the quests objectives so i don’t really need translation for that part.

But as @Eruika stated, language barrier will cause issues. Not to count that Token only if you try and buy TP from Nexon, which i think would cause some issues since the CC would be from another country lol.

Forgot to mention, the VPN hosts are really unstable, it was fine now it is terrible, it really is only for testing purposes, you might end up being more frustrated than in iToS. Well I am more bored than annoyed lol.

1 Like