Tree of Savior Forum

15th of Sept - kCBT3 Patch [Huge necro buff]

Ahhh. Maybe this is where people are getting disconnected.

Check: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/stat-calculator/

Place 50 points into Con. Look at the stats and then set your level to 50, then 150 and check out the difference in stats. Two people at level 150 can distribute their stats completely differently as well. Some people focusing on one or another, or a balance.

Again MeteorD.

Do you believe a level 150 Wizard (That was upgraded from level 15) will be as powerful as a level 150 Elementalist?

The 10% thing is VERY LIKELY [edit: nah I’m dumb and wrong - but I was also looking at the alternative very incorrectly] a boost to the effects of skills for each rank above the skills circle / rank you are. I mean, it’s a very important balancing issue, which brings the first few rank’s skills on an even playing field with the strength of those later on (just look at the damage differences, comparing a max leveled early rank skill to that of a low leveled high rank skill). Especially now that you can pick up lower ranked classes at a higher rank, it’s very much a balancing thing.

This is in contrast to the addition of 10% to actual stats, of which makes very little sense and seems kind of arbitrary if done literally, and gamebreaking if done in a way that rewards picking up as many 3 circle class sets as possible (this promotes less freedom in terms of choosing a build). [So it’s just a 10% boost each rank, which I honestly find kind of dumb, but I guess they need to it so people but some emphasis on not con or dex]

Also, the mercenary guild seems to have some stuff going on now, but it seems very unfinished (before, the guy would just tell you to come back later). Also, the additions are seemingly unrelated to the instance dungeons (you can choose from a list of maps, but nothing happens when you do, and there’s nothing new on the map, at least for Gele Plateau).

I didn’t miss the point, I am telling you it is wrong. You are saying this, “Standarising” makes any progress null.

Except that I’m not. I literally said “hypothetical case” and a lot of “ifs” to try to not confuse anyone, I guess it didn’t work.
I’m talking about how and why is bad to have completely stardardised PvP, I have no way to know the details on how it works exactly in ToS since I don’t hace access to the Korean beta.

Haven’t they already hinted at large scale PvP involving guilds? :wink: Pretty sure that won’t be standardized. Also, zero evidence proving a “large” portion of the ToS playerbase likes PvP. None of us knows for sure. Let’s not forget your progress into different ranks stays with you as well, giving you an entirely exclusive set of skills in that level bracket. So no, not all of your progress is lost. Yes, I will have to level my character in PvE to become that corsair and utilizes its skills. Just something to keep in mind.

Call me crazy, but I’m just a guy that favors raw skill over time invested into the game when it comes to PvP, arena PvP that is.

1 Like

The original source has been updated with a lot of changes based on user submitted translations and in game testing. Check it out here.

Credit to emailboxu on Reddit and Riesz on the TOSBase Forums for translation help and clarification on some other details.

A quick updated summary of the changes:

Necromancer changes:

• 300 corpse limit, and all corpse types have been merged into a universal type.
  • You can collect the corpse of all enemy types (previous limitation on Demon type enemies removed).
  • Dirty Wall removed, Dirty Pole added. Here is how the skill looks like.
  • Dirty Pole effects: Places a totem of flesh in front of you, dealing damage when summoned (but not continually). Lasts for 22 secs (+2 per level) and causes Corruption for 15 secs (+1 per level). According to the tooltip, it applies Corruption if the enemy is close to the pole.

Battlefield (Team 5v5 PvP) adjustments:

• Levels and equipment of every participant are standardised.
  • Spectators can no longer use skills.
  • You cannot use Pardoner’s Dispeller scrolls in Battlefield.
  • Corrected bugs with Scout’s ‘Cloaking’ and Druid’s ‘Telepathy’ in PvP.

Instance Dungeons adjustments:

• Minimum levels for entry have been added to each dungeon. Maximum of 5 runs per day (recent update, used to be 3).
  • Limit resets at 9am KST currently.

Stat Increase per Rank Up:

Miscellaneous changes:

• NPC added to Fedimian’s Mercenary Post, it has nothing to do with instance dungeons. This allows you to accept Party Quests.
  • EXP Gain from enemies in Quest Scenarios decreased.

@harimaku

4 Likes

Okay let me simplify this for you.

Who do you think would win in a match a wizard that is pushed to level 150 or an Elementalist that is 150?

Lets go simpler who do you think would win a level 15 Peltasta or a level 55 Peltasta who has the attributes that give his Umbo Blow a 25% chance to stun for 5 seconds, added knockdown, and 25% stronger, shield mastery maxed for an extra 25% more block. I think I could stop there.

It’s pretty clear who has the advantage in these situations. We don’t need hypothetical case and what ifs.

So far, it is the only mode, yes. We also don’t know if it’s going to be stardardised as well.

And yes, a lot of people wouldn’t grind in an mmo if that doesn’t give them any kind of advantage in PvP, and I’ve seen that first hand A LOT. Tree of Savior would be no exception.

Baseless assumptions… :confused:

No, but once again that does not suddenly mean that gear should be irrelevant. It just means “This aspect of progression outside of PvP is valid, but not the other one”.

The argument of “raw skill” is thrown out the window once the PvP even starts incorporating any other elements of progression outside of it. If your “raw skill” matter so much then MMO PvP should probably be the last place on earth that you should be looking for, considering that PvP in MMOs is the one thing where other factors matter.

Except it is clear there will be advantages in being higher levels. A wizard pushed to level 150 will not be as powerful as a Elementalist that is 150.

Heck even a class that just got Peltasta will be no where close in strength to someone who is at the end of Peltasta based on attributes alone. This is not even taking into account anything else besides attributes.

Pvp is now standardised, wow! Now we have a chance to win against almost everyone in pvp! Now I suggest they work on costumes or something that change the appearance so players have something to work on aside from just equipments that have no effects in pvp maps. I also suggest that they should add a pvp mode where in all equipments will work(with nice rewards or sth.)

1 Like

Okay. I am glad we agree that a 150 Wizard will not be as powerful as a 150 Elementalist.

Now would you also agree that a person who is at the end of the Peltasta line and has gone the majority of the attributes (25% Chance to stun for 5 seconds on Umbo Blow with added knockdown with added %damage, 25% more block, etc) will be more powerful than someone who just starts Peltasta?

There are plenty rooms for great advantage in being further along in the game.

Oh-I played Echo of Soul which also standardizes pvp based on Level so people level 20 can play with people at the Cap. Still a very fun game. Isn’t ruined by lower people being able to play with high people.

Plat on KR Blade and Soul. Loved every second of PvP AND PvE.
Oh look! It’s also an MMO!
Oh look! Standardized PvP!

Well, I’ll be…

1 Like

Sorry for this question as I’m kinda new to PvP terms and english is not my native language. I’m reading the discussions and kinda intrigued about this.

Question: What does “standardised” mean in “Levels and equipment of every participant are standardised.”?

Please give examples too if possible. Thank you in advance.

Not really. Good players will still be harder to beat than bad players.

The only people really hurt by this is people with lots of time on their hand and want to win based on time alone. Higher level people will still have a huge advantage, but being a higher level alone might not be enough to guarantee wins every time.

Check out the stat calculator: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/stat-calculator/

Put some points in and change the level around and this will help people figure out why they have to standardize levels.

This means everyone’s stats are adjusted to be the same in Battlefield PvP. You will not have bonuses based on equipment (equipment effects and bonuses) or level (stat points).

For example, a Level 100 player with Level 70 gear, and a Level 200 player with Level 170 gear will have roughly the same stats in Battlefield PvP. This allows the Level 100 player to fight with equal strength to a Level 200 player as it ignores equipment and level bonuses. The only difference will be skills and skill levels, class choices and player strategy.

The only issue here; I’ve not personally tested this in game. I’m only going by what the Patch Notes suggest. (There’s been no issues with the translation though.)

Basically, it brings everyone up (or down) to an equal level. Gear is also brought to a “standard” level.

This effectively stops Ed from spending $5000 and facerolling everyone, as well as stopping Timmy who eats, sleeps, and plays ToS from facerolling as well.

Sound fair and good.

1 Like

Pick Swordsman. Place 50 Con down. Lvl 1= 2380 HP. But no lvl 1 will have that much Hp so just change the level to 50. Without increasing any CON the HP now jumped to 4k with 50 Con. Lets jump the level to 200. Same CON but now the person has 9k HP.

This is why they are standardizing PVP for Arena matches. That way people have more equal footing. They have to do the same with gear because if you look at lvl 200 gear compared to lvl 50 gear you will see there is a Huge gap in performance.

Gear has different tiers though (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Etc), and the ability to be upgraded (+1, +2, Etch) and gems have tiers and can be roasted and we don’t know how that plays in at all yet.

Hope that help clears some up.