Tree of Savior Forum

11 Days Journal of Wiz > Pyro > Sorc > Alchemist [All skill explain+experience]

Hello I’ve play on KR server and finally reach lv 181 rank 6 before server close.
My rank is Wiz > Pyro > Pyro > Ele > Sorc > Alchemist
Most of time I play I’m only level up alone without party. Mainly Quest + Grind.
I’m sorry if I can’t include all clip of skill or deep info of skill because there’s only short time left.

Starting with wizard, My build is Int and some Spr. (Spr stop at 38 and the rest is Int)
At the moment I play they didn’t have Earthquake skill in the first circle. It’s been a rough time to killing stuff with just Energy Bolt!

For wizard I’d say Reflect Shield and Earthquake is really good skill to have.
Earthquake skill can be annoying because it’ll float up monster and knocking back but it can use to buy time and save your life in emergency. While Reflect Shield can help you survive sometime if you run into high level monster.

Once I advance my job to Pyromancer everything change. I can kill everything faster.

Fire Ball : Main skill that every pyro should have and max is fireball. It’s small, it can be hit and push away by malee attack but this thing is powerful. Because it don’t have cast time, can cast continue 2 times, short cool down and can hit multiple target + attack multiple time + chance to giving burn. Since I didn’t advance to pyro circle 3 my skill can be max only at level 10 but so far it’s still good enough to help me level up to 181.

Fire Wall : I didn’t max this skill at first until they give us skill reset so I give it a try. At skill lv.10 I still feel like wall duration is pretty short but skill area that can be manually draw and multiple hit make it good one to have.

Enchant Fire : I have max this skill at first until got skill reset. I change it to be lv.5 only. Because I notice that I’m rarely use normal attack and more likely use Fire Ball more. So it’s not useful to me any more.

Flare : I try this skill once and don’t like it. This skill can be cast instant on any target that have burn debuff. Can use up to 3 times before get a cool down. Even I frequently make monster have burn debuff but they’ll die before I use this skill.

Fire Pillar : A must for any pyro circle 2+. This is very useful for fight monster or boss. Any monster that walk pass pillar will get suck into pillar and slowly float up. Float up monster won’t attack you and you can still hit it with ground skill. It’s not work to suck player in pvp though.

Pro : Good multiple hit skill, Good multi target skill, Can kite around
Con : Skill aoe area is small except fire wall, Some monster can absorb fire element attack, Fire ball can be hit and push away by other people malee attack

I have hard time to choose between Pyro 3 or Elementalist and finally end up with Elementalist to see how skill work. However, my elementalist stop at first circle so damage from skill can’t satisfied me that much.

Electrocute : 1.5 sec cast time… AOE range is very big and will always hit. But it’s hard to use if surround by monster because I don’t have surespell or quick cast skill.

Stone Curse : Shoot beam toward enemy and turn them to stone. Sadly not work on boss.

Hail : Summon down hail to specific location. This skill can miss too if monster walk around.

Prominence : I’d say I like this skill the most because no cast time, Prominence flame will move randomly near you so sometime it’s possible to not hit monster. There’s an attribute that make prominence moving range smaller which can help a bit. Very useful if kiting many mob and stay in small place.

One more thing I like about Elementalist is attribute that make any monster that dead by fire attack will have chance to explode. In conclusion, For pyro > ele almost all skill will be hard to use because no surespell or quick cast skill. Earthquake and Fire Pillar can help buying time to casting skill though.

Here’s boss quest fight clip for pyro + ele…

Pro : Big aoe area, have more element (lightening/ice/fire),
Con : Long casting time and long cool down with out quick cast/surespell it’s very hard to use.

I want to try Chronomancer at first but I change my mind to be Sorcerer.
Sorcerer can summon demon boss monster. It’s an interesting job but still have many bug in this beta and need many improvement for summon AI.

Card : Can be use only Demon type boss card. Card can upgrade star by using another card as ingredient to upgrade. Card that have higher stars will be more powerful. Each boss that summon out will have different status, attack and skill pattern.

Here’s the list of all summon that I have : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOUM3yWdvss&list=PLWVQ59iCjGWZwMLqah3Q9oML_u7PffmwC

Grimoire is new menu adding for Sorcerer. You can put any demon type boss card into it. Main and Sub card can be switching through morph skill.

Summoning : Skill that every sorcerer must have… Can summon any demon type boss by using boss card that put in Grimoire. Higher skill level will add more damage and defence of summon. When use this skill to summon boss, SP regen will stop and SP will be drain slowly. Summon will be disappear once SP turn into 0, you’re dead or its HP is 0.

Attack Ground : Can use to command area for summon to do attack. Can’t select as target.

Obey : Use to ride summon. This work on all summon. You can press z to make it do normal attack (which is not good because very slow). Stamina not goes down while ride and moving around but SP will go down really fast.

Morph : Skill to switch main summon to sub summon.

Hold : Command summon to stay at specific place.

Summon Familiar : Summon bat to attack. Each skill level will add number of bat you summon out. This skill seems good at first but I don’t like it because bat will explode itself after attack and their attack only hit one target.

Summon are mostly powerful, have high attack and high HP. Downside of summon is they’re slow and AI is pretty dumb. Sometime they didn’t attack what you want them to attack. Sometime they fall into bug make them standing idle and doing nothing. Sometime they stop and idle at somewhere and you lost them which make you have to cast summoning or morph again to make them appear. TOS still need a lot of work to improve this.

I’m also notice how Fire Ball is still be my main attack skill. Even with Summon around or with max Summon Familiar. This is why I feel like I should go with Pyro 3 instead of Ele.

Boss Quest in Wizard Tower

Pro : High HP summon can work as tank, Summon aoe skill have very big range, Various card to choose
Con : Summon AI still need lot of improvement, SP drain fast

Alchemist definitely choice for everyone who prefer to make money.
I have write up some info about craft skill at here All about Alchemist Crafting Skill Information

I can’t say much about pve for this class but it’s pretty much same with just using Fire Ball as main skill. I have learn almost all craft skill to try out before server close.

Combustion : Do an AOE attack to mob that’s near dig up item on ground or any item drop by monster. Not work if those item get into inventory. Hard to use because sometime item will get into your inventory before using this skill.

Dig : Dig up item from ground. Item that come out will depend on what terrain you using this skill on. If use on grass it’ll be grass, on ground or stone ground it’ll be stone kind. Not sure if any of these items can be use on any craft or not.

Gem Roasting : Set up shop to do service for decrease gem penalty. Shop can stay even after log out. You can also use this skill for your own gem.

Briquetting : Increase or decrease Min/Max attack of weapon. I don’t like this skill because it feel too random and add small amount of change.

Tincturing : Crafting potion. (HP,MP,Stamina and other kind of buff) Best skill for alchemist. Higher skill level will make better effect potion.

Magnum Opus : Combine items to make new item. However, In KR beta 2 this skill can’t be use and till now no one know how to make a correct combination yet…

Item Awakening : Awake permanent hidden option on weapon and armor. Once use you’ll open up warp portal to Awakening Dungeon. You have to stay there and fight monster wave for 30 minute. If successfully kill monster and boss inside, awakening will be successful. 1 Potential will be use no matter fail or success.

Alchemist will be good for crafting stuff like potion which is very very useful both in using and selling. However, they’ll lack of new attack skill. (only have 1 attack skill)

This’s what happen when open up shop and log off then switching to play other character in same account…

Pro : Good for making and saving money, Can craft many potion and play with item stat, Shop can still working after log out
Con : Only have one attack skill, Some skill not yet work properly, Took time to making stuff

21 Likes

Very nice.
It’s kind of weird that most Pyromancer spells have melee-range.
More than anything, I’m very excited about the pots from the Alchemists.
Once those things are mass-produced, people will start potting like crazy.

Fireball is malee range but you can malee hit it to make it move away.
Fire wall, Fire Pillar and Flare is far range. Its just me lazy to aim from far! XD

Cool, thanks for your detailed report. What skills would you pick for Alchemist? I am pretty sure I want Tincturing and Item Awakening. Then I guess I should choose between Gem Roasting and Dig… I guess for release it won’t make sense to not max three skills and spread the skill points on all skills?

What would you pick as Pyro3? Fireball, Fire Pillar and Hell Breath +5?

Do you think Wizard 3 into Elementalist 2 would be a good way to go as well? Maybe Quick Cast can shorten the hour-long Alchemist forging? :open_mouth:

If you plan to selling stuff I’d suggest Tincturing, Item Awakening and Gem Roasting.
One thing I know is Tincturing skill will be very useful if max it.
Magnum Opus seems good but no one know yet what it can make or how to do it.

If I made pyro 3 I’d stick to fireball and fire pillar. I’d like to try hell breath though not sure how it’ll work for me. :relaxed:

I’m not sure if alchemist skill can work with Quick Cast. Because it’s seem to be a fix crafting time instead of casting but you can log off while left character to crafting. They’ll continued crafting stuff even after log off. lv.1 hp pot took about 20sec to make pot 1ea.

Firewall is far range? Don’t you cast it directly in front of you just like the ice wall? I’m pretty sure I tested this already but maybe I missed something?

ugh I mean after cast you can draw it out from your character to far away.
sorry if I’m misunderstand anything. :open_mouth:

Thanks a lot for this report!
I really liked your summon playlist :slight_smile:

1 Like

this article of yours give me some insight for my future alche wip…
hmm, if only magnum opus give us some custom items that’ll be great addition to the skill used by alchemist… i like to make more custom items than making unstable concoction more :joy:

Thank you for the post! My planned path was Wizard > Pyromancer > Elementalist > Alchemist, so this really helps!

thank you for sharing!! i was thinking of going on the same route as well! :smiley: but i’m thinking of ditching Alchemist for another class. Haven’t played yet XD didn’t get the chance of getting a CBT, is Alchemist a good class?? i’ve seen a lot of videos in youtube and for me the class is somewhat a Support class or rather like the Alchemist in Ragnarok xD

It’s good for money making, crafting potion,upgrading option to gear.
Direct support role… nope. All we did is craft potion and give or sell. Same as gem service + awakening service. As for getting new attack skill to use later on… maybe nope?

You can actually use morph to by pass the SP drain. :slight_smile: I am currently a Necromancer; I am going to write a summary of it later. :slight_smile:

I didn’t suggest that cause it’s a bug though. So I doubt they’ll keep it when launch. @_@

I hope they retain it though. I don’t think that the summons are powerful even without the SP drain. The necromancer summon doesn’t drain SP as well so it should be fine.

what are the notable potions you can make? Is it really worth the skill points? I only know gem is a must since lvl 5 reduce all penalties.

Well I think they’re kinda powerful and very high hp. Problem is they hit slow… very slow… and still need lot of work on AI improvement. Also only some of summon are good like Harpia big whirlwind aoe range or Cyclops small range but did about over 1k-2k dmg.

Necro you need to work on gathering monster corpse to summon it which I think that’s balance with no SP drain. While sorc summon we can just summon out any time we want without any requirement. To bound with SP drain is kind of ok for me.

Potion is really worth more or equal to gem roasting imo. Everyone need potion unless if IMC open up more town which sell better potion than lv15 alchemist potion.

As for potion… HP/SP/Crit ATK are good one I think.
(only HP/SP and Stamina level up with skill level. Other buff skill level up by attribute)

There’s also block potion but I don’t have lv15 potion screen cap

1 Like

Agreed. Their damage and HP is offset by their AI. If the AI is good; I dont mind the SP drain. The problem now is that the summon AI is stupid and most of the time get stuck in weird places or humping some traps/fireball.

Are those pots hard to make ? Ingredients easy to come by?

Fireball problem seem to happen to both pet and summon lol. Would be better once they fix it.
Potion not hard to make but it take 20 sec to make 1 potion. Material drop from monster or can buy from job change NPC. You can look in here > All about Alchemist Crafting Skill Information

Hm, interesting thanks.

Are you playing in the extended test by chance?