Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ‘ [Discussion] Swordsman Builds General Discussion šŸ‘

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my PSA to swordsmen when making a build. If you ever want to take only swordsman c2 ( and not c3 ) in your build, take peltasta instead. Having access to block and taunt is invaluable, and arguably the best thing that a swordsman brings to parties.

For boss fights and PvP, being able to block is very nice, being able to avoid a bossā€™ knockdown or push with a simple block will help you keep up consistent DPS, as well as allow you to control where the boss is moving so your party can keep DPSing as well. Nothing is fun about fighting bosses in melee range and getting tossed around like a ragdoll.

If your build is 2 hander only, peltasta would still be a better choice than sworsdman c2. +18% evade with guardian and the ability to weapon swap and taunt is very nice. If that really doesnā€™t float your boat, take highlander c1, as it gives +50% crit damage on 2 handed swords, and allows you to block with a 2 handed sword using cross guard.

Youā€™re absolutely spot on about C2/C3 Swordies. They suck compared to other options, unless they received some buffs Iā€™m unaware of.

About your build, I played a Highlander/Cata in CBT, and I can tell you that Cartar Stroke dosenā€™t work while mounted. Not sure about the C2 Highlander skills though. Wagon Wheel isnā€™t really worth in PvE. And I would definitely take a point out of Trot to grab 1 in Implaler, that skill is broken in PvP afaik.

Impale isnā€™t broken once you have Cleric with Prophecy or Bloodletting. Ppl can also dodge it if the Cata doesnt have enough accuracy.

As for Highlander skills, I think there are some changes. Some skills that were unusable at mount before are actually usable now.

Control in its current form in the game is probably overtuned in general and just plain out no fun to play against (from what Iā€™ve seen at leastā€¦)

The few anti-control options we have are also stuck in the cleric tree and are simple immunity - skills that promote a ā€œfire and forgetā€ style of play and donā€™t exactly make you use your head or reflexes at all. Hopefully they pay a little attention to how control works in pvp later on in the gameā€™s lifeā€¦

Are you serious? No concentration? ROFLMAO.

2 Likes

What about this PVP Swordie? - The backbone of this build is using Corsair/Iron Hook to hold foes, other useful CC, and Pistols (Corsair) for range.

Circle 2 & 3: Highlander 2 [dps/debuff]

Circle 4: Roderlo [ 5 debuffs ] or Cataphract [2 debuffs + movement]
^Is the ā€˜Cā€™ block option available from Roderlo like it is from Petalista?
^Can other class skills be used while mounted, or is it limited to Cata skills?

Circle 5 - 7: Corsair 2 + Shinobi 1 most likely
^Combine DWA or Crosscut with Bunshin no Jutsu?

Insight is appreciated, thanks!

I was thinking about going with this build:
Pelasta C1, Hoplite C3, Cataphract C1 (for a small boost to movement, stats with the pet and the penetration attribute), Dragoon C1
You can swap weapons and use 1h spear + shield to tank and you get Finestra instead of high level Trot/Earth Wave. Cataphract C1 gives a small boost to movement, a few extra stats with the pet, level 5 Earth Wave and the penetration attribute so it seems quite nice.

What do you guys think about Finestra? It gives a flat +150 crit at level 15 which might not scale that well later.

Only problem is youā€™re giving up doppel for cata at r6. Dopp is some really nice AoE dps. The spear penetration is % based off of your own block pen, so if you donā€™t have any SPR, youā€™ll be getting very little bonus.

Finestra does have the issue of somewhat falling off if you only rely on it. But all you have to do is get dex to compensate. I actually stat reset my hoplite2 to pure STR, and with green gems I still crit often enough ( at lvl 230 ). Iā€™d still get some dex as you level up higher though, the higher lvl you get the harder it is to crit.

About Finestra, I was thinking more about the crit formula which makes that +150 crit less important as you level up.
If you at least have enough DEX/Crit to outweight enemy CON, then that 150 crit is:
25,2% crit rate at level 250
16,8% crit rate at level 375
12,6% crit rate at level 500 (still looks nice actually)
It might not matter since level 500 seems very far away anyway and by that time, if Iā€™m still playing, things will have chaned considerably anyway.

As for the Cataphract attribute, I hadnā€™t thought about it being % based and needing SPR.
I kind of like the mount though, even if it only gives a small movement/stats bonus. Doppel and itā€™s Cyclone looks great, Iā€™ll think about it.

If u check general mechanic thread, it stated u need around 600crit to get 50% crit rate (calculated with resist crit). So, extra 150 crit rate still nice to get.

Itā€™s completely related to what lvl you are. Canā€™t say that 600 crit rate gives 50% crit chance, without knowing what lvl you are.

Maybe u should try read it. So many great info there. It doesnt matter what lvl, 600 is 50%.

9thNight, you should read the document/thread.
The formula has your level as a variable. Itā€™s 600 more than enemy crit resist to get 50% crit at level 500.

The formula is
crit chance % = 42 * (Crit_rate - Crit_def) / Your_level

Thatā€™s how I got those numbers and why +150 crit diminishes in usefulness as you level so you need to offset that with equipment or stat points in dex.

Spear build here:

The more I look at Dragoon, the less appealing it is then Cata3 which has better dmg while leaving whatever rank 9/10 are open to be incorporated.