Tree of Savior Forum

Zealot trial quest tree of savior

Such quality :open_mouth: how is that possible, do you play with every single graphic option on?

Congratulations! I’ll try it again tonight and I’ll definitely get my phoenix wings too!

1 Like

Oh, that’s only 1440p. I can give you a 4k, but it can burn your eyes (literally).

anybody has a video of it? looks like its impossible for normal people :tired:

Every time

5 Likes

I’ve got it!

It took me another couple of tries to finally realize I had to start the trial from the middle of the area, otherwise some of the tiles don’t appear.

1 Like

It doesn’t work with me… Everytime that I try to start in the middle, I fail or it open only 1 circle. :tired:

you don’t need to press space just to clarify.

Failing it again and again for game not revealing tiles properly
For example
oooooo1
oooooo1

Corner is given 1 all around 1
So I go
ooooXM1
ooooXX1

It truns out mine is positioned wrong yet board is not revelaed afer I reveal 1st mine like it should so next step I automaticaly fail for otherwise correct guess
ooMoXM1
ooooXX1

Correctly after I took
Two claims around 1st Mine it should automaticaly reveal one more column is save but it wont do that making it way more random and luck based than minesweeper

So correctly it should looked like this

ooo11M1
ooo1111

1 Like

yah i’ve had times where i i found a 1 right next to a mine yet there is another mine touching that same 1…

would be nice if you say failed by finding a mine that it would show where the others was… yah know like a real minesweeper game would be lol

1 Like

For who ever wondered about this “what if”:

This is what dual wing wielding looks like.

2 Likes

know dat feel

2 Likes

My trick to do this is to start off with the 4 corners. i think 80% you would be able to open about 2/3 or 3/4 of the field. If you fail to do that, the time limit will kill your run. However, if you mange to open lots of tiles in a first few step, time wouldnt be a really big problem then. All you need to do is to memorize bombs and be sure of it (check out 1 of the video from youtube teaching how to play minesweeper). I watched it and it helped a lot but sometimes you need to make blind decision where the numbers of the open tiles are not enough for you to judge the next move. For example,

I would say the successful chance of this game is about 70% or 80% the rest is very situational. I needed to sacrify lots of runs due to bad tiles opened like the example above. Goodluck guys, I still need to complete the stage 3 tho :sad:

1 Like

Videos about minesweeper help only to limited extend as its lot of time uncovers incorreclty in game or places them wrogly given hints it provides
Thats extremly prevalent at highest difficulty setting

About what you say of it uncovering incorrectly. I must say, I practiced with “KMines” (kde/linux minesweeper game) and the behavior is pretty similar to how it works on ToS.

It only reveals tiles in bulk when you hit a “0” tile and it will only propagate until a wall of “non-0” tile is found. Nothing more than this and as well it won’t automatically reveal 1 near 1 if they’re near the same mine.

It may vary from implementation to implementation, but seeing it somewhere just shows it can’t be called “incorrectly”.

Example:

It’s obviously to find what tiles doesn’t have a bomb here, but you need to do so manually.

After clicking the tiles around the bomb this is what is revealed:

Again, it only reveal tiles in bulk when I hit a “0” tile. Just like in the Zealot quest.

Well I am used to MS Sweeper and its clones there you can reveal by clicking on numbered spaces also when you are sure sorounding spaces are safe. You cant do that in ToS implementation, and sometimes it straigh out lies that there is mine only to show it was empty after you “dig”’ sorounding spaces. Lot of times it do not reveals 0 spaces as you named that even though it should, or 1 spaces where it would be logical

So in example you shown, bottom image I had game put mine on Edge instead into only logical place shown by 1 making me fail not by bad guess but by straight out buging out ;3

Edit
What is exact size in game ? I mean grid size I might as well waste time in work by playing minesweer instead of watching youtube tomorow ;3
Edit 2
Hmm if size is less than 9*9 (what is minimum in minesweeper I am out of luck ;3)

Then it simply varies from implementation to implementation. It’s not incorrectly placed.

Well, after completing all 3 stages I couldn’t find such a case, could you record this?

It should only reveal 0 spaces when you click a “0” tile. If you click a “1” near 0 it won’t reveal even though it’s obvious the tile will be safe.

So again, being someone who completed the stage 3 I must ask: Can you show when it really happened or provide some example?

Because it was crystal clear, I completed stage 3 on 3rd try after practicing and stage 2 on first try.

There was no bug.

Only problem I faced was precision on activating some tiles (because of field of view + positioning). Sometimes I pressed one tile thinking it was another because bad positioning. Using Zoomy to give a view from top solved these for me.

About the sizes, I forgot exact numbers but the thread shows that stage 3 is 85 tiles but you don’t need a big grid to practice.

Provided example in one of earlier post where mine was placed in wrong position, where original minesweepr game would clean that extra row to not make it pure random guess.
I would had to recored every game but lot of time I had revelaing only than game sudenly show me that all those 1 I diged around were 0s as there was no mine at all.

I done easy grind in like 2 atempts that one is very hard to loose even by just pure guessing :slight_smile:

KMines doesn’t. Differences on implementation doesn’t means wrong.

And it wasn’t random guess:

oooooo1
oooooo1
oooooM1
oooooo1
ooooXM1
oooo?X1

? = can’t know if mine or safe tile.
X = can’t know if 1 or 2 or higher. But let assume this layout:

oooo1M1
ooooX11
oooX1M1
oooXX11
ooMX1M1
oooXX11
XXMX1M1
???XX11

You should not be able to know what “X” is until you actually click them and see if the number is 1, 2 or 3.

Auto-completing a tile that you can’t be sure of the value IMO would actually be a bad implementation.

At most you could auto-reveal the number there, maybe even a bit more, and then you have a different implementation that tries to make the game easier/faster.

My problem with the quest is that I keep forgetting which number is on the previous tiles, so I have to keep using the item again on the same tile just to remember and then I waste the time… I did it many times on the actual minesweeper with plenty of time left, but the difference is that I can keep looking to the numbers the whole time :haha:

3 Likes