Tree of Savior Forum

Zealot trial quest tree of savior

zealot trial quest tree of savior how to do this quest… like minesweeper game… i cant understand how to win this quest …anyone

what is this quest for?

wings costume when you finish the zealot trial the red wings

Why are all the trial quests…like this dshadskds? Sorry, I’m gonna hijack this thread for a moment:

The shadowmancer one (Shadow Adaptation Training) works like a sort of pac man where chasers appear and you have to avoid them while collecting “shadows” via pressing space next to the ones that spawn and bringing them back to the center point. I get it, it’s not supposed to be easy, hence why they give us plenty of tries and whatever. Sort of like jump quests in platformer games.

But here where it starts sucking straight anus:

1. The quest is super ambiguous and information on it prior is literally nowhere. How are people supposed to know how many shadows to collect, how the hell the rounds work other than resetting/increasing risk and reward? At least give the players like…a solid goal so they know where they screwed up or not.

2. The chaser spawning is near instantaneous and without any warning. You can be doing well and reading the AI but then a chaser can literally spawn directly on you and you have no way to avoid this. except I guess to…memorize the erratic spawn points? aka every single narrow path between the open sections

3. The alerts are absolutely meaningless since they spawn way faster than they come. “A chaser has appeared” ??? this message appears once and by the next one you have seven of them on your tail already. what purpose does this serve

4. The. god damb pick up system. If you have any latency issues, prepare to just eat garbage out of a raccoon’s asscrack. i get it, get a better computer, better internet, whatever. But I can run this game on this computer while I slack on rebuilding just fine (bar the normal crowd fps drops) normally for everything else but This. I can only pick up the shadows maybe like, 20% of the time. Most of the time, it’s me running in circles over the same shadow over and over again until maybe the 2-5th pass over it pressing space in every conceivable direction until I can I pick it up.

And since you move at the same speed as the chasers, having to pause for at the VERY LEAST two seconds to pick up the shadows means you’re going to spend the last quarter of the attempt trying to gap the distance by cutting corners that will instantly close the next time you try to pick up a shadow. why

I assumed I was just somehow messing up at first and would get better at it because that’s just Video Games but I feel like maybe it’s not entirely my fault at this point. feels like i’m playing football with toothpicks for hands.

anyways tl;dr: make the quest description more informative and sensible on how the hell we get ANYTHING and also change the pick up system to something more forgiving to people without ultra high speed net/good server range please. thanx oh & make some sort of indication of when and WHERE a chaser will spawn. it doesn’t have to be easy, even like a shadow appearing on the floor where it’s about to appear for a split second works.

4 Likes

Given the timelimit and lackluster feedback you get from the minesweeper game, I can already tell that this won’t be worth it…

Seriously why do the numbers disappear. It makes it almost impossible to finish.

I got mind blown with this quest too… hope someone will show us light!! :tired:

its almost impossible or u need pure luck to do it in this crappy lagged severs… i cant do shadowmance quest just becouse i get freeze and lost most of my orb ponts ._. its VERY nice iEXPERIENCE imc rly!

1 Like

If you use the necklace on a circle you’ve already uncovered, it will tell you the number again.

As for the game itself…
Minesweeper is kinda easy if you know how to play (thanks random youtuber), the only hard part imo is if you fail instantly or only uncover 1 circle at a time… that’s really annoying…

The zealot trial quest is a combination of 3 games. Minesweeper, as already mentioned, memory, and perfection. Memory because the numbers only pop up, and perfection because you have a time limit. It’s very frustrating to do, but possible. I’ve finished the first one with about 2 seconds left, but Intermediate is really rough. My best finish was 2 cells left.

seems like you have to complete them all in order to get anything… i completed begginer through pure blind luck and got nothing from it o: used up all 15 tries and nothing so yah…

Indeed. The Shadowmancer trial is an exercise in frustration and angst.

cubes spawning ontop of you because yay!
frames dropping like insane once you’re at like 50 points on the third wave because the cubes somehow are intense to render or something and when they move at same speed you do and you get an fps spike? ggwp
cubes randomly going through some of the stone terrain because screw logic
channel running the possibility of crashing, probably because the cubes are OP enough to even give the server hamsters a heart attack

Are the other trials actually reasonable doable or just a mess as well?

I failed all 15 and it didn’t reset. I don’t know if that means i’ll never be able to try again, but yeah on the beginner one i usually get to the last few cells and either run out of time or mess up cause i cant remember the numbers on everything around them.

Specialization quests reset every Monday and Sunday as said in the patch notes. Just wait a few days and try again.

I actualy finished Fanatic Difficulty one, but game was apparently so suprised it did not triggered victory
So I just stood on cleared board until game timer ran out…
After that 10 more tries (10 more fails as time limit press you to gamble not have enough time to think proper) with 60-70 cleared, damn its hard as nails with time limit
Well used warp scroll away from there nad come once in a while to fail and fail until I get that fabled auto clear board (where all mines spawn in corners and you get full clear by unlocking one tile) or easier difficulty (I think which is coming cause even koreans had problem with those ;))

1 Like

hahahaha You were very lucky. I failed all my tries yesterday. I had one board though that i had like 79/85 cleared, but the time left was so short i panicked a little and just went straight into a mine. After that, only losses. I think i will be able to get through it friday.

Even though the short time, zealot’s trial seems the easiest out of the new four. Matador’s one is horrible, for Laima’s sake.

the zealot trial does say how many “mines” there is but it’s jumbled up in a few other words that you will miss it at first glance with out fully reading it

I had the same issues as you. In this quest, suddenly the FPS drops and I can’t get the shadow, don’t matter how much time I pass and press space on it. I must left the one I tried and go to another. I think this quest must be glitched and (probably) bugged.
The quest lacks info about how much shadow energy we must gather. And chaser’s mechanics is nasty. They just spawn at you while you’re carrying your energy or just passing by, the warning messages pops up too late cuz they are already on the loose in our track.
@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ines you guys should check this, cuz the quest is really broken.

I don’t see any numbers, I don’t know how to procede :frowning:

Took me a while to figure out, you have to enable background effects and reload the map; if you can’t see a bonfire then you won’t be able to see the numbers even when you use the item on spaces.

5 Likes