Tree of Savior Forum

You want to become a contributor or still a childish whiner?

I’m not famous in this forum (no reputation at all). I don’t have any friend in here. And I write this post for players who love the game (both whiners and contributors). I know I will take many bad comments for my post but I still hope there are still some people need my post (for what? maybe for whining but more constructive?)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No, but threads like these while they might seem helpful at first, arent very useful either. One of the reasons is because these posts happen more often then you would think, so a new one is somewhat ‘‘cliche’’.
The other reason is it takes a lot of work to make a thread like this that works. (sends exactly the right message, without antagonizing anyone)

It is the same thing as my defination. [quote=“muitenphale1995, post:55, topic:316475”]
It’s my bad that I can’t transfer all of my idea by using English. English is not my first language :sweat:
[/quote]

Dont worry too much about that. Misunderstandings happen all the time. But people who even consider there might be a misunderstanding instead of ‘‘im right, you are wrong’’, are pretty rare.

Well, would you take Siete’s opinion and attach value to it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I said that already. I am nothing in this forum but I still want to share my thought. That’s all. If you can’t stand my thought, that’s fine. In the negative forum like this I don’t expect much sympathy.

cuz your comment [quote=“haukinyau, post:65, topic:316475”]
oh, dont get me wrong, you’re not the famous 1
[/quote]

makes me think that I have said I am famous :sweat:

every time one of these threads pop up this word gets thrown around at every second breath it’s great

I would like to use other word if it is better than that word but having a same meaning.

1. Absolutely yes. They even told us if they’re working on it (even keep us updated).

2. If a lot of people report a bot, GM can take few secs to check it. I’ve reported some bots and they are still there xD
    The investigation takes about few minutes.

3. Well, I’m actually play this game every day. And I’m the one who thinks this game will die if they don’t listen us.
    I play because I like this game, but not the management. There are different things.
    I don’t want they have to do as I say, but at least considering what we say, and no give the same answers “we’re sorry” blablabla.

@haukinyau

If you read the feedbacks on Steam ToS (as game) should don’t deserve many negative votes.

I couldn’t resist
huehuehuehuehuehuehue

1 Like

Whenever I see the term “white knight” gets toss around by people in the forum, the thought that flashes across my mind is:

“Oh that player must have nothing else to present as a rebuttal, just throw the white knight term in to quickly dismiss it.”

Sad to say it kind of lowers the quality of their suggestions and opinions especially after they keep using WK to dismiss anything that isn’t in line with what they present.

@muitenphale1995

Generally, the amount of negative posts in the General Discussion will outweigh the positive ones in game forums. It is quite a tall order to actually turn the forums around to make it more positive. What contributes to this is as follows, imho:

The player base that frequents the forums. Players who are generally satisfied with the game will not access/read the general forums much. They are usually busy in the game itself or in the class sub forums.

Players who are dissatisfied with the game one way or another need to find an outlet to let go of their frustrations. Hard to do in game, as you know shout does cost some amount of TP. So the forums is the best outlet to announce to the world their thoughts.

The age group, mentality and expectations of the audience of the game also plays a huge part. Most of us came with experiences of various MMOs, many which play Ragnarok Online in some form or another (official and private servers). For those playing in private servers, some form of entitled expectations is already formed prior to coming here. Since RO private servers are plentiful, many of such servers cater their services much to the whims and fancies of their players, in order to keep these players to use their game services. Others bring along their own ideas of what a MMO should be or shouldn’t be. This makes it hard for them to wrap around the idea that ToS isn’t the game in which they expect it out to be.

Culture also plays a huge part, I believe that players hailing from Asia form a significant portion of the player base, as well as a significant number of forumities here. In most of the asian cultures, praise is something that isn’t really common to us. Many of us do enjoy this game but writing a thank you thread singing praise just feels too awkward and alien to our culture. We are slowly changing but that’s how it is currently. Vice versa, we are also quick to point out mistakes and flaws. It is something which is inherent in our way of life, it just feels second nature to us. This is contrasted to the western culture where complimenting is really commonplace.

That said, I do believe that many of threads here are genuine concerns about the game. While some are excessively whiny and non-constructive (especially those attention seeking ones who quit yet still create many threads telling people how long they quit), others do show that they care about the game and their concerns. Just that they pen down their frustrations and emotions along with their suggestions, making it hard to read without getting some negative emotions along with it lol.

4 Likes

So you don’t look Tree of Savior on Steam…
Uhm…

I’ll

for you!

As I’ve said: your lovely “Mr Kim” should at least read and considering what we’re saying.

i havent seen anyone call anyone else a white knight in a long time

mostly just people claiming theres all these people blaming white knights

or people calling themselves white knights

ima go call someone one right now

1 Like

Now the new trend are those “In before white knights” comments. :3

2 Likes

And why there are negative comments? Many of those aren’t for the game itself.
Bugs, no mobs, no channel to farm, bots, etc.

I know this game isn’t perfect, but they should focus to solve the most important bugs (*teleport quest is so annoying) instead to do big updates.
I’m happy for this update, but, we’re not ready, we aren’t kTos, running with patches isn’t the solution.

*The teleport quest (I don’t know how to call it) is a big and annoying bug and there is since 1 month.
For who plays with friends, the game is unplayable.
But not for most of you, because are you playing alone…?

1 Like

love hurts. /cimicimicimi

1 Like

Tree of Savior Forum is pretty toxic - that’s why. So people tend to point this out when it is prevalent.

1 Like