Tree of Savior Forum

Yet Another Anti-Bot/Hack/Spammer Suggestion

Enable players to report other players who behaves like bots/hack users and spammers.

A player cannot report the same person twice and “report” will act kinda like a skill and have a long CD.

The one reported will receive an invisible buff, that stacks up everytime a player reports it.

After X stacks of the debuff in X amount of time (like, 6 reports in 24 hours) the player will not be able to collect silver, loot, gain exp, speak in chat and interacting with NPCs (excluding a special one).

That works with every character on their account.

In order to remove the debuff, the player must talk to a NPC in town, asking their sins to be purged.

The account is then permanently marked with a +1 ban counter and flagged for review to GMs.

As long as the account has a ban counter over 0, the player will be unable to trade, use the market and speak on /s and /y.
They’ll still be able to speak to their guild and party members though.

Only a GM can remove ban counters, and after reaching a certain amount of ban counters, the account is then blocked until further inspection from GMs.

In order to prevent exploits, the game will keep track of who reported whom.

I don’t think that this is actually viable anymore…

great, now we can all report u everytime we see u =)

1 Like

There are ways to punish those who exploit report systems.

The abillity to report someone could be removed permanently or temporaly from someone who exploits that, like if the majority of people reported by that person have no suspicious records, or even text evidence (chatlogs).

You’re given the responsability to keep the servers clean, if you can’t handle it or missuse the “power” given to you, you’ll lose it.

As I said here:

Not all ideas are great.

Now, I think that the only way that works is an improved GameGuard.

Something that works kinda like an anti-virus, always updating, since the víruses get updated as well.

I wish GameGuard, nProtect and XTrap worked. But even though nProtect on Mabinogi is updated constantly, bots still bypass the updates within days. By the way, XTrap can cause your computer to BSOD with a Buffer Overflow if the anti-cheat software can’t stop a program from hooking onto the game it protects (IE: Video recording software such as Fraps.)

Yeah, but there has to be a way.
Since there are games without bots.
Something about the language, the code, a way to protect it.
I’ve played LoL for so long and never played with or agains’t a hacker.
WoW is the same, but there was hacks for private servers.

If someone manages to build an auto-update/anti-bot measure, it would win the MMO market.
I don’t think that its impossible, only that hasn’t been done yet.

Valve still has hackers on their servers from time to time, sadly.

Even if it takes 2 or 3 days for the bots to be dealt with, that would be worth it.
So that any progress that every bot user has made is lost.
I don’t think that so little progress would be enough to ruin the experience for everyone else.
But that are just assumptions.