Tree of Savior Forum

Wugushi rework feedback and issues

Trying out Wugushi after the rework. Here are my thoughts on the new skills. I had a skill reset potion handy, so I was able to grab all of them and try them out.

Wide Miasma: I was initially very excited about this ability, but turns out it looks like it might be kind of bad. Damage is poor, even though it has a very large AOE. The worst part is, even though it’s a poison cloud, it still can’t hit any flying enemies. I initially took this at lv 10 and its full duration can’t kill book mimics, which is kind of sad. The stealth it offers immediately breaks if you have another DoT on the enemy, which of course you will, so what’s even the point? I can use it to charge Sniper Serenity in stealth or to scumbag in PvP, but not to get away from or kite out enemies.

Latent Venom: Seems to be ok for what it’s meant to do. No complaints here.

Zhendu: Good rework! Not much to say here. It’s great for auto attacking builds and feels powerful and worth putting points into.

Wugong Gu = Same as before. It hasn’t been changed. It’s now one of our only poisons that can hit flying enemies. I feel like it’s kind of valuable but again it’s another ability that wants 15 points, meaning you can’t really take it if you want to max out Latent Venom in most cases. Guh! I placed 10 points into this.

Jincan gu: still kind of trash. I wouldn’t put points into this. The bugs haven’t become any faster or smarter. They take forever to spawn and the enemies usually all die before the bugs even start moving. Either that, or they’ll explode before reaching their next target. Yes it can do big damage in certain situations, but it’s just such an uncomfortable skill to use. Only hits grounded enemies. After resetting, I completely removed this from my build.

Poison Pot = Strong and good, but currently it’s still broken. Boss cards slotted into the poison pot don’t scale with anything and deal very poor damage. It still has the residual poison attribute so this basically means it’s one of our only means of poisoning flying enemies aside from Wugong Gu and Latent Venom, except we now have to wait even longer for the aoe to wear off before the attribute takes effect…or it would be, but the Residual Poison attribute currently doesn’t work, likely because the skill itself got a name change, but the attribute flag did not.

Crescendo Bane = This one works as advertised. Turns your dots into burst. Well worth having at rank 5 imo. No reason not to take and max it in most cases, it’s a good skill.

So overall, not as pleased with the changes as I’d hoped. I was really hoping for more quality of life, Poison Flask being an option to damage flying mobs, etc. Stealth doesn’t work with wugushi’s kit because it immediately breaks due to poison DOTS and Also, poison boss card abilities are still broken and don’t scale with anything or apply pardoner buffs. Crescendo Bane and Zhendu are awesome, but other than that come on, IMC.

4 Likes