Tree of Savior Forum

Would you prefer a cash shop or a subscription, personally?

Uhmm.

I saved my allowance and went to do small jobs as teenager, to afford RO subscription.

10~15 Dollars per month is do able.

AND RO had a good system.

Monthly/ Daily and Time wise subscriptions.

Buy timewise if you dont play everyday.
Buy monthly if you want to play more in a certain time.

… Being a working adult. With a good income.
I can see p2p as cheap alternative xD… then f2p.
Cause i will end up spending more money on f2p. Which is the hook for that mode for developers and ip holders.

1000 people paying 10 dollars a month.
Against 10000 people paying 1 dollar here and there, but some paying 100 or more per month (cosmetics+reset pots for skills+convience items).

F2P is actually for rich kids xD… or adults. As they’re who will hold the server income up.
LoL is a wallet drain for me sometimes.

I love to play a match here and there. I own many skins of chars i love… and spent more then a buy to play game or p2p game there xD…

As long as they dont make it p2w or p2really play the game (market /tradeing lock … shivers). It’s fine.

1 Like

yes, rich kids pays for servers in f2p but the game is still for everyone, in p2p everyone pays so it’s not for everyone :).

Agree. Also, we cannot forget that it will be an International server, there will be a huge ammount of players outside US/EU, which makes any subscriptions hard to pay because the money currency. For example, in Brazil, $1,00 = R$4,00, if a subscription is $10,00/monthly, it will be R$40,00 for brazilians, how would you feel paying about $40,00 per month in a game? In other Central/South Ameria countries is even more complicated, there is also poor people and kids from US/EU who just won’t pay. A subscription would immediately cut the ammount of players by half if not more.

2 Likes

OMG this is so true, I like to splurge as well when I get my paycheque on online stuff. I know its not real and the money could be used better (guilty pleasure), but what the heck I’ve earned it and I’d like to think its better than spending it on booze like my other friends!

I didn’t think of it that way, damn…

If i was IMC owner i think i will go with cash shop, because if it’s P2P we will ignore lots of potential target market. With F2P system we can let people try the content of the game and hoping at some point when they play this game they will invest “little bit” of their money on the game and waiting 'till it become a habbit. That’s how marketing works~
and lot of business aspect that need to be rigged to maximize monetization…try to think from developer point of view, for us this is a game for them this is a job.

But i myself prefer subscription.

1 Like

There’s brazilian servers. Which will get brazilian price smost likely.

They have the choice.

Steam version will base prize on dollars.

Regional servers on they’re currency and whats normally possible to pay.

I’m not against brazil players… but atm anyone with a regional serve ris better off with it. Lower ping etc.

Just hope that your publisher doesnt have ALL the right to it, and that IMC handles lots of the stuff.

LevelUp is bad reputation in brazil.
LIke Aeria games would be here… or prosieben games…

It wont end up like some browsergames.
Where you can buy cheaper premium currency with russian cureency, then with euros.

People only abused that hard…

Personally, I would prefer to play in a Steam server, many friends share the same opnion, but at the end it depends on ping. Steam servers are better than LevelUp server, but the last one will be closer, I will have to check it “soon”.

A subscription with regional currency would be almost like an ip block: “If you want to play in a Steam international server where the community is much bigger, active, fun and have many more pro players, pay in dollar, if you can’t, play your regional server” =/

While we’re on the topic of cost difference per region and how the dollar standard converts poorly in some situations, let’s not forget that even here in the US the cost of living/wage differences can be huge.

Here in Ohio the average pay for the small town I live in is ~$10/h, as most jobs are retail and even management gets the shaft and fits into those pay brackets. Rent for this location averages ~$600/m, blah blah blah.

But a McDouble from McDonalds costs $1.

When I lived in California the average pay for any random entry job was ~$15/h. Rent was upwards of $3000/m.

But a McDouble from McDonalds still costs only $1.

What we see here is a disparity in the cost of living, income, and disposable income of even local regions in the US. A flat subscription fee may only be ~1% of a households disposable after all their bills in one area but in others the cost may be ~10% depending on the circumstances the family may be facing. While this is also true of cash-shop purchases the big and all-important difference is that one purchase is forced and the other is an option.

A F2P model ensures that players pay for and support content that benefits them directly and they get the choice of using their disposable income (say, their entertainment budget) toward purchasing what they want, rather than being forced into paying just to access the game. Depending on their bills they may not buy anything in a F2P model for months, and then unload when their favorite skins etc come out.

I guess, to me, it’s important to realize that a B2P model may seem like chump change in some circumstances, but to others it will be a much larger required fee to play a game. i.e. a kid making minimum wage in a broke ass town with may be forced to spend a chunk of his disposable just to play the game whereas a kid making minimum in another state may not even blink twice.

I think in light of income and situation differences F2P is a better option for developers and players as a whole. Those who can support it do and those that may not be able to still enjoy the game.

The problem only arises when, as mentioned before, content is skewed to favor resell of material or service and players that contribute greatly (whales) end up being richer in game for it, which is P2W. A player supporting the title with whatever funds he has to spend on it shouldn’t be able to skip around in-game and have a much different experience than a player who hasn’t spent anything yet.

Time invested, and never money invested, should be the measurement of progress. If they can make content worth paying for then F2P will earn them more money than a flat subscription would for months and every user will still be given the option to play the game.

3 Likes

Wow, you so mad calling people with money “rich kids”? Toxic. Don’t cry and get a job.

3 Likes

Are you some kind of stalker? I disagreed with you in one topic and you gonna be toxic in every other topic I posted :D. Try to be a little more mature, please :stuck_out_tongue: .

No, mister Manoeuvre. Just saying you are toxic and need job. :wink:

U made a big mistake bcoz u disagreed with “Necromancer Over 9000” he will curse u forever…

2 Likes

I actually loled :D.

And sorry Necro, can’t get job :(.

But it is not a reason to call people with money “kids”. Yea, they could be kids with parent money, but not all.

Yep, not all, and I never said that all of them are rich kids :). Just some of them are.
English is not my mother language so it’s harder for me to tell what I want. But in short - it was more fo a joke than offense. If someone felt offended then I’m sorry :O!

Polish?

Be offended on the internet in 2016, lol.

Yes.

Yeah, ppl tend to not think about others and their emotions, that’s pretty sad.

I’m

, what can you expect from me. :wink:
I think, first rule here is to understand that all words from other people is just their opinion. They can be polite or toxic, agree with you or not, but that’s just their view. If somebody offended just because there is man that doesn’t agree… Yeap, that’s pretty sad.
:wink:

You can say things in normal tone or in toxic tone. That only depends on you.
I’m just trying to follow the Golden Rule in any kind of disscussion: