Tree of Savior Forum

Would you invite a swordie without pelt into your grinding party for lv200+?

I’d invite any class combo because I believe in Love and Friendship.

10 Likes

Yes because I’m not a douchecanoe who panders to metas.

4 Likes

In Orsha ,we are low on swordsman. we have had chrono/linker/healer/archers for two days. No swordsman answered our shout .

Usually one swordman is enough, but in the absence of one, any swordie is welcome anyday, regardless of pelt or not.

Swordy population is going down? And here I am making another…

Might see more swordies in one party later once we get the dragoon serpentine party buff at C2, which should buff every single swordy in the party.

1 Like

this one

especially:

“swordsman class is a moving burden without Peltasta”

Says everything about a non-pelt swordman that needs to be said. Taking another Wiz/Archer is the better idea.

the real question here is why u should make a grind party O_o

Nah, that buff is just there for your monk->inquisitor.

Because that’s all the game is after rank 7.

1 Like

always has a empty slot

nope will just get an extra dps on slot rather than a dead weight

Yes,even though I am a swordie with pelt in my build.I prefer a party that gets along and has good chemistry to any sort of bonus or meta grind group or whatever.

I just wanna have a fun time with others~

2 Likes

high level thats isnt max swordman population is going down.

people either maxed and not play
or don’t start a new swordman
or don’t play swordman anymore

as for myself… i dont even pve…

Yes, a good dps swordsman can often compete with archers now - frankly the 5th slot is always a “free” slot as long as your choices aren’t useless entirely. Frankly i’m more dissapointed in clerics without cleric 2 compared to swordsman without pelt.

I would love to see this Swordsman build that can compete with Archer DPS.

Or rather I guess I should say, the Archer build that’s so bad its DPS is as low as a Swordsman.

I think they are talking about AoE dps, which most archer players doesn’t have much of. (since almost everyone a fletcher these days…)

I see plenty of Cannoneers that ■■■■ out more AoE damage than any Swordsman could ever dream of.

Just if u doesn’t know how to get exp :wink:

Hi. I’m a 280 non-pelt crazy target dmg corsair.

Still not effective in grinding as all my hitboxes are still small and I can’t aggro whole screen. I can ofc burst linked mobs, but I can think of other setups who will fill the role better.

Thing is - there is just no role for me to fill in a grinding party or ET. Deal with it, non-pelt comarade. Lets drink some vodka together.

2 Likes

That’s mainly our problem. Swordies can do damage, but we can’t hit a mass of things at once without a Linker. Our source of “AOE” is really limited to either directly infront of us or around us in a small radius. And even then it blows that we’re pretty low on the spectrum next to healers of AOE ratios. We can get more, but our range is a problem as we can’t really utilize it.

Though Doppel3 seems to slightly alleviate the problem, that means alot of other classes are gimped towards it.

Even when I taunt a group of mobs and have them all group on top of me so that I’m hitting max targets I don’t do nearly as much damage as a cannoneer or, god forbid, any wizard. Swordies can’t do damage, tbh. The only way they equalize Swordsmen with higher ranks is if higher ranks do such an absurd amount more damage that the damage from your lower rank classes doesn’t matter anymore - and then Swordies still lose because they don’t have Quick Cast or Swift Step or Steady Aim or any real utility skills to scale into higher ranks.