Tree of Savior Forum

Would you invite a swordie without pelt into your grinding party for lv200+?

I would love to see this Swordsman build that can compete with Archer DPS.

Or rather I guess I should say, the Archer build that’s so bad its DPS is as low as a Swordsman.

I think they are talking about AoE dps, which most archer players doesn’t have much of. (since almost everyone a fletcher these days…)

I see plenty of Cannoneers that ■■■■ out more AoE damage than any Swordsman could ever dream of.

Just if u doesn’t know how to get exp :wink:

Hi. I’m a 280 non-pelt crazy target dmg corsair.

Still not effective in grinding as all my hitboxes are still small and I can’t aggro whole screen. I can ofc burst linked mobs, but I can think of other setups who will fill the role better.

Thing is - there is just no role for me to fill in a grinding party or ET. Deal with it, non-pelt comarade. Lets drink some vodka together.

2 Likes

That’s mainly our problem. Swordies can do damage, but we can’t hit a mass of things at once without a Linker. Our source of “AOE” is really limited to either directly infront of us or around us in a small radius. And even then it blows that we’re pretty low on the spectrum next to healers of AOE ratios. We can get more, but our range is a problem as we can’t really utilize it.

Though Doppel3 seems to slightly alleviate the problem, that means alot of other classes are gimped towards it.

Even when I taunt a group of mobs and have them all group on top of me so that I’m hitting max targets I don’t do nearly as much damage as a cannoneer or, god forbid, any wizard. Swordies can’t do damage, tbh. The only way they equalize Swordsmen with higher ranks is if higher ranks do such an absurd amount more damage that the damage from your lower rank classes doesn’t matter anymore - and then Swordies still lose because they don’t have Quick Cast or Swift Step or Steady Aim or any real utility skills to scale into higher ranks.

They should really switches buffs like Concentrate/Gungho/Finestra to % value.
(Yes even finestra, its raw critical rate…so you can expect it to become more useless everytime we get a higher level cap, and I don’t think it will get buffed because that will make it broken early game)

I just have one question…why does this game have soooooo many useless skills that have absolutely no role in the game? Were they asked to put “a lot of diversity” aka “high chance of newbies to ■■■■ up and buy a skill reset potion afterwards” while making the game?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Critrate is critrate, it will always be decent. It will always mean less points required in DEX for a reasonable crit chance. Finestra also gives +3 AoE attack ratio which is pretty good on its own, and the block chance buff if you’re playing a spear/shield build.

Not everything needs to be % chance. Some things have to be flat so that they can scale with those % chance modifiers.

I dunno, when I look at it a Swordie could do it, but it wouldn’t be anywhere near reliable enough or consistent since while Magic can’t Crit, you can raise the base damage to dumb levels.

Hell, the reason the HL was capable of doing 100k skyliners was because of a hunterbro using Snatching for the Slash and Strike debuff it drops on things. Otherwise it was only 49k.

Supposedly Doppel3 should get a buff for itself that increases Slash damage, so that’s something to look forward to, I guess. We lack scaling buffs, and Barb is still full of oddly flat values.

I just wish for Cooldown Reduction of some type.

Life without pasta is a little sad. :spaghetti:

1 Like

Yes, though generally I’d prefer only 1 swordsman altogether than having the fifth be a 2nd swordsman (1 support/1 DPS wizard is my preference).

Pelt is largely irrelevant, especially if you have a linker or generally good DPS. You can have good swordsmen and terrible wizards/archers, it’s less class-dependent and more player skill-dependent.

edit: And anything is better than the 0 exp you get in town while waiting for the perfect group.

2 Likes

My ET group clears 10F with two Doppelsoeldners. Neither of them have Peltasta.

i dont even invite swordsmen with pelt

rather have something useful

coz they quit and re-rolled to a different classes now :expressionless:
thats the result of rejecting swordies w/o pelt class in their build

probably the last class to be considered inviting. most no-pelt swordies are just dead weight. unfortunately, retards are multiplying while pelts are running low.

Swordie…without…pelt?

Me no understands

They exist. They have a disease called “Kirito-Syndrom”.
Thank goodness its not contagious.

yup the kirito syndrome. They can solo without peltasta. Id rather have something useful.

Most party composition are elemes, cryochrono, any archers, healer, and a peltasta swordsman. If there is no peltasta then id rather invite a linker or another dps in my party than a deadweight. Lmao