Tree of Savior Forum

Worth coming back too?

Hey everyone,

Been away for a few months. I played TOS back when it was in early release (just before it went F2P). I pretty much quit as the lag was awful, rubber banding was a huge issue, bots were rife and the community was pretty toxic.

I have a level 221 Fletcher (A1 -> R3 -> F2… I think?) So I was wondering if the games worth returning too? Has most of the problems been fixed?

What’s the grind like these days as I think max level was 280 before I stopped playing before.

Finally I like to talk too people in guilds and such. Is the community thriving or on it’s last legs?

Thanks for any input, feel free to express your feelings on other areas of the game :slight_smile:

First thing that’s worth mentioning is what server you were from.

the lag was awful, rubber banding was a huge issue

Rumors say that the SEA servers have been facing connection issues, but nothing as bad as it was during the release. The NA servers seems to be fine.

Has most of the problems been fixed?

Could you please specify?

What’s the grind like these days as I think max level was 280 before I stopped playing before.

Dungeons now give double the exp they used to , so Siauliai and Instanced Dungeons are really worth running.
There are now Dungeon Clear Vouchers that kills all mobs in the Dungeon, giving the exp and the silver. People like to recruit randoms to pop those vouchers, good stuff.

Finally I like to talk too people in guilds and such. Is the community thriving or on it’s last legs?

PvP and PvE guilds normally like to invite high level players (past 275ish?) for end game content and GvG…but I guess you can find a casual guild to join.

1 Like

Nope.
Try in 3 months for the March patch if its not delayed to April…

2 Likes

hi

just come back n farm daily shards for transcend

its worth it~

game is overall greatly improved since u left

just come back please

huehuehue

2 Likes

Seeing the long list of upgrades and fixes kinda gives me some optimism but i’d rather keep my expectations low so as to minimize disappointment. There’s a good chance that some things in-game will be broken again as well.

If i were you OP, as many people have said and will continue to say, i’d try maybe for a few hours, then decide for myself if it’s worth it

General PVE and casual play = yes
PVP, endgame dungeons and boss hunting e.g. “I’m the best at X” = no, unless you intend to play hardcore like the game’s your regular job and/or spend $$$ to catch up on everyone else

There are also other things that the game will do to f*ck with you (bugs, crashes, misinformation, etc.) until you either become a masochist or just quit.

3 Likes

As @ZeroFoxGiven said, for casual play is good, for playing competitive is not, not only because of the exploiters and the non-life players, but because the optimization isn’t suitable for playing pvp yet. They made some improvements, but still is not enough. If you want play with better fps, I strongly recommend you to follow this guide Hints for those who have FPS drop issues - i’m trying to help

I’m thinking of going back if ever but is orsha stil dead?

1 Like

Orsha fights with Fedimian for the most deserted server spot, thankfully Orsha shares the dungeon queue with people from Klaipeda.

Orsha seems like a nice place to stay. Here is a travel brochure.

2 Likes

Well time to turn tail again and run I guess, saves me the trouble right?

1 Like

If people didn’t have the same mentality you showed to have, Orsha wouldn’t be that deserted.

People are just sick of getting IMC’ed over and over again.
Who can blame them? Noone.
IMC’s total fail has made people leave in droves. Face the reality, IMC is to blame, not player’s mentality.

huehue

2 Likes

the story iin quest is still fun to read. it’s like a light novel tons of unnecessary stuff and filler stories, you get to the main story but you’re the type of protagonist that will get killed by normal fodders lvl300+ quest, no real girls and heroine, you’ll probably end up broke cause of inflation in game and once you get to 317++ you will not get any weapon suitable of your level unless you ditch out 40m ++ no mid-game weapons blue,violet for level 270.
[mishikan forest=mystic cube=Practoniu (low %)=frustration]
Best of all no happy ending.

Most Masochist endured… I mean enjoyed playing alot.

but if you’re a casual player go ahead it’s still enjoyable.
Best of luck and welcome back.

\(^○^)人(^○^)/

Its not our fault that the game went from bad to worse, theirs a limit to how much faith you can put in something.

I for one defended the game during its peak but then slowly as time goes by it felt worthless and stupid.

3 Likes

not worth your time…the game is total trash

2 Likes

Lots of stuffs improved, lots of stuffs needs improvement, give it a shot for a few hours see if you can find a guild and choose for yourself. Personally I’m enjoying myself but I have friends and a guild to chill with

I just back not long, it is still fun to play for wrong reasons.

The game design was once flat and linear, however the devs gone wild and made big crazy jump rank8 onwards. The gap is truly choking me
After rank8, everything seem gone crazy compare to rank7 phase. The grinding wall for 315 equipment, the stat boost from 315 equipment the leveling cards give a lot of exp, the 300k+ hp monster and 1hit die mechanic (when u couldnt decent equipment upgrade)

overall, i found the game is ridiculous fun to play with many broken designs n more broken over time.
i find it fun to explore 100% on high lvl map avoid get hit to get my card for lvl up, as this only the way i cn progress.

i suggest imc close down all server for 6 months and redevelop those mechanics and fix bugs. the rest music and artwork are still good, class concept also good actually but with wrong implementation.

The game now is much better than before. You should try and decide yourself