Tree of Savior Forum

World bosses controlled by 20-30 players + suggestions how to fix it

Ive no idea where all these ppl get the idea that the boss rewards the Top 5-6 players dafak. Who the f was giving all these inaccurate/unconfirmed info. All these while from bossing since weeks ago, every WB only drops 10 cubes which can easily be seen by turning your DrawActorPersent=1-5 in user.xml and turning off the names. Besides most of the time only 1 or 2 of the parties would be showing off their cubes whenever a boss dies.

So its definitely not Top5-6 else there would definitely be more than 10cubes from the bosses. Hence, its only 2 highest dps parties/10 ppl are able to obtain the cubes for each wb. If some still persist in thinking its top5-6 then nevertheless its only 10cubes, means usually its 2 parties since every party member are given a cube if the group is one of the highest dps dealer.

Donā€™t quote the thread which explains about world boss mechanics, the top5-6 dps mentioned there is said to be just a speculation. Unless these derps who kept saying top5-6 can show some img proof of more than 10cubes on the floor. :wink:

Great to see the changes being done in Ktos, atleast now we know the dev are also aware of this issue. Tho I must say, it could have been done better.:sweat_smile:

well i can be even less
in party every dps counts ā€¦
so if the top 5 are in one party only this party gets drops
they get the cube although i donā€™t knwo if its top 5 or 6 :stuck_out_tongue:
if every of these top dps join a different party it would make 25 cubes ā€¦

Yeah tho ā€œif these top dpsers are in diff party = 25cubesā€ is just the common assumption here which no one has ever confirmed nor posted an img showing 25 cubes on the floor. :cold_sweat:

well never saw this kind of spread
i can tell i often got solo one while 2 partys also got their cubes :stuck_out_tongue:

If only theres some pru koreans who can confirm this lel :joy:
Poked some info that Ktos has just made some bubble ranking indicator for top 7 dpsers in world boss fights. Now only need some confirmation on the amount and how are the cubes distributed. :sweat:

Guild monopolized dullahan boss still not fix, they are there everytime.

1 Like

jup noticed this too, when a world boss would be there even low levels would come and join in the fight. Now itā€™s just a few diks with lvl 280ā€™s jumping it to get all the cubes and bail out instantly.

Terrible.

This is unavoidable because Dullahan is a gimmick boss, not a world boss that can be spawned every 2 hrs at the same spot. Best way is get to know them and maybe theyā€™ll give a party spot. Them seeing you killing mobs to feed the sphere everytime is a plus.

This still doesnā€™t solve the other players who wanted to get the cube because of the limited slots. Some would say World Boss is there to compete. I do agree on that part.

However, to get a win-win, I would suggest to make this a ā€œRaidā€. Similar to an Instanced dungeon. These are the attributes to it:

• You only get to fight the boss immediately. They can add a small gimmick before encountering it.

• There is a limited number of instanced channels available (letā€™s say 3). Until one party completes it, another party can enter. Thereā€™s a time limit on the dungeon so trolling is not possible.

• The portal lasts for a limited time depending on the boss.

• Once a party completes it, they get a debuff that they canā€™t enter the dungeon until the next event for example on Dullah or the 8hrs from WB.

• To make it more interesting, the portal spawn at a random location.

• A party is still needed to complete it.

Camping is still viable for those who want to get in first. The earlier you find it, the less wait time you get.